• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"whos top of MW!?!?" A brawl tourny....IN....March 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I perfer round robin because you'll get more matches, but I'm guessing there's gonna be too many people for it. Plus, if it's split between two floors, finding opponents is even harder. More time will be wasted...

Your call BigC.
The way I see it, we have all day, so time isn't really going to be an issue, especially with how many setups we're likely to have. I'm expecting a turnout of around 30 people or so (based on a completely random guess I just made up) so time really shouldn't be a problem.

I really don't care either way though. As long as I can get in a good amount of matches, I'll be happy.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
It's only two floors. KishSquared held his tournaments on two floors, and they were separated pools. It shouldn't be that hard.

BIG C

Smash Master
It's only two floors. KishSquared held his tournaments on two floors, and they were separated pools. It shouldn't be that hard.
yea if we had enough ppl to make it both upstairs and downstairs we would just do seperate pools on the floors. Tink and I haven't discussed this part but we normally just do straight double elim if we can't get like 8 pools of like 4 ppl or something. in which we would do top 2 out of pools but idk it all depends on turnout and whatnot.

oh and there won't be any side tournies that interrupt doubles and singles like there was last time. No matter what 5150/DADDY says.

DoctorSlickk

Smash Rookie
I can not make it to the tournament until around 12:30. If payment is an issue i could have a friend ,doggalina, pay for me at the time. Plz respond.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
oh and there won't be any side tournies that interrupt doubles and singles like there was last time. No matter what 5150/DADDY says.
Thank you.
Not that I didn't enjoy the side tournament, but for the sake of finishing the main events that makes sense.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
would we do some kind of side tournament after doubles and singles? wait... then it wouldn't be a side tournament...

BIG C

Smash Master
thje side tourny thing is cuz the last tourny we had at my house 5150 did a low-tier teams side tourny inbetween doubles and singles. and in WI when i brought brawl he did a brawl teams tourny.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I actually just made plans with Kish^2.

I'll be riding down with him and Prime if they go. If for some reason they cannot attend,, I will definitely take you up on that offer.

Tink

Smash Hero
this tournies gonna be too great. were looking at around 50-60 people. were going to advertise it around a college by us too.

were going to do double elim for doubles, and 1 round of pools for singles that cuts down to a bracket. hope this helps people out.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Hey Tink, if there's that many, will the payout be extended beyond the top 3 places at all?

BIG C

Smash Master
all setups will be appreciated greatly the more the better is how we look at it no matter what we're gonna have a bunch of recording stuff so the majority of tourny matches will probably be recorded.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think the Midwest should look into the poker style of giving out prize money so that we can make the prize money based on how many people show up rather than just doing "top 3 lol" and screwing over 4-6 when they did so well.

But that's just me.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
if smash was bigger we could give out more money, but as it is right now from melle 1st place barley get 150 anymore lol

but uhhh yeah i might not come to this. there a local tourney on the same day and i could prolly go to work after it too. hard decsicion to make. there could be up to 50 people or more at this place. the first melle tourney i went to there, it was about 50 dudes up in there and dope won it of course getting like 300 bux or beating no one

KishSquared

Smash Master
Entry fees are cheap :/

I'm all for distributing down to 4th or 5th place. Not sure it needs to be any lower. Regardless, smallest prize should just be to get their money back.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
I've always felt that 4th should get paid. Not that I'm arguing that based on numerous 4th placings, but there have been too many times when I just barely missed the money.

5th is a bit much, but Top 4 is serious business.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
What is the venue going to be like?

I don't want to bring my wii if there is smoke and dust and stuff. This thing is sensitive

BIG C

Smash Master
rofl OS well my basement isn't finished and there is definitely dust there, and mi madre smokes so there is smoke here when she's here but she more than likely won't even be here.

ALSO PPL THAT NEED HOUSING please post in here for what days you'll be staying some of you may have to sleep in the basement if there are too many ppl so i'd suggest to bring lots of sleeping stuff the best i can do to help the condition of my basement floor is like throw a rug down.

Tink

Smash Hero
top 4 is prolly the furthest down we will pay too, but its gonna be really close to just money back, probably a little higher.

big cs basement isnt that bad for duest either, im alergic to dust and i never sneeze down there <_<.

big C also has a couch and a spare room, for those of you who do not know.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
As for 4th place, I have been finishing there lately also, so pay to the 4th! I'll be happy with money back, including with gas now being $3.45/gallon. <== Ridiculous BTW, it makes me want to eat my own eye! :lick:

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
lol, theres like 7 ppl planning on getting 4th place at this tourney. maybe there should be a 4th place tourney after singles and doubles. winner is the true 4th place and gets their money back. ($5 entry, winner gets 4th place and money back, rest of the money goes towards snacks and drinks)

Tink

Smash Hero
ya son, ****s FOR REAL!

btw, this is looking really big, got some locals showing up too so, should be quite big!!!

Zjiin

Smash Master
I think i could send in some traffic from the locals who have said they are comin to my tourney this sat, so might get EVEN BIGGER.

Hugest Johns Ever.

Spectrum000

Smash Cadet
I'd like to come, especially considering the tournament at gamestops that was going recently ended in failure for me (got to round 2 in a different gamestop down south in Indy, lost in the finals against a lonely looking dude who used Pit, and didn't do too well, but he got three smash balls in a row because they kept floating toward him..Ike is so slow...@_@)

Anyways, I guess it depends if my dad wants to drive two hours or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom