• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"whos top of MW!?!?" A brawl tourny....IN....March 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Cosmo, Rylin and I are planning on driving there saturday morning, so making it to my house today or tomorrow would be another option, but we aren't waiting up for any Tardy Martys.
I'd prefer going with you guys (if there's any room) over trying to find my way around the city (I get lost easily). When would you be heading out?

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'd prefer going with you guys (if there's any room) over trying to find my way around the city (I get lost easily). When would you be heading out?
We'll be leaving at 10:15 to pick up cosmo from the station near us. You can either come here earlier, or just be at the Pulaski orange line stop at 10:30. If that's the case, don't be late.

Original plans were to have cosmo come here tonight and just sleep here so he doesnt have to travel, but i was going to go out. Plans fell through and i'm not going anywhere, so you're welcome to come here tonight if that's easier. 773.582.3620

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Hey C, just in case you didn't get my IM, I'm coming with Squared and Hawk tomorrow, if this mixed weather allows us to travel.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Good luck to all who is going. I want to go to this, but I'm going on vacation. Any idea of when you'll have another tourney?

Tink

Smash Hero
i should be Bringing 2 tvs i think, so ima need 2 wiis for them =). if anybody can bring some cables to run from the tv to vcr for them that would be great too.

****s tommorow. cant wait =)

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting aroused at the thought of this tourney. Can't wait to get there. Ahh! I need to get to sleep now if I'm going to be awake for it. See you all tomorrow.

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
my car is incredibly horrible in the snow. im still planning on making it, but will prolly be late. hopefully ill get there by the time singles starts.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Actually, snow hasn't been bad here, but freezing rain has, which is worse than snow. But I think we'll still be coming.

BIG C

Smash Master
for ppl comin on I-65 there is construction so what you're gonna wanna do is take the ridge rd. exit to follow the way you are going on the highway and take that to burr st. which will lead you to 80 take a left on Burr I believe.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
Shouts:

Big C - Good **** hosting. Definitely one of the better tournaments I've been to in a long time

Tink - Good hanging man. Be sure to let me know about your brother and the things we discussed. Thanks for hooking it up

TJ - Definitely good hanging, man. You should come up and party sometime

Zjiin - **** dude, your snake is such a *****

Cosmo - Good seeing you, man. G&W is ****in' sick

Daddy - You're still too funny man. Thanks for hooking it up

Hoefler - Glad you made it out man.

Juke - Too good

Shep - You should have let Seanson win

Seanson - You should have 2-0'd Shep

Joshu/Iggy - Items were supposed to be turned off

Joel - Didn't talk to you much at this one, but it was good seeing you

Everybody else - Sorry for not calling it out for you, but you know how it is. I hope to see you guys around sometime!

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Not 100% sure on everything, and I only know a little.

I'm pretty sure that Joel/Jiano are in the Top 2. They're at least Top 5.

Last I heard Overswarm and Blood_Hawk (one of our group in South Bend) were playing with loser getting 4th place.

Blood_Hawk beat Sliq (9th place), Chexr (7th place) and Brightside (5th place).
1st/2nd NoJ (G&W)/Jiano (Snake)?
3rd/4th Blood_Hawk (Lucario)/Overswarm (ROB)
5th Brightside (???)
7th Chexr (Wolf/Kirby)
9th Sliq (Ganon)
9th Yosu? (Falco)
13th KishPrime (Pokemon Trainer/Olimar)
13th Iggy (Game & Watch)
13th or 17th Joshu (Wario/ZSS)
13th or 17th jobrown4 (Lucario/Metaknight)

There were 50+ people in for singles I believe.

Dopey

Smash Lord
LOLLLLLL

joels too good!

even after vidjo ditches him cause of weather, what a scrub.

YEA JOEL!

Sprinkle

Smash Rookie
I think I deserve an honorable mention for at least having the most out of control beard since I didn't even make it to the brackets with a 3-3 record. Why couldn't the first tournament I go to be filled with less win.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Congrats to all who did well from someone that didn't even make it out of pools :D I'm still planning to get better; I just need to put my son down now and again to play the darn game, haha. Apparently All-Star mode doesn't count as practice?

Anyway, special congrats to BloodHawk for doing so well. Joshu, Prime and Iggles as well, of course! It's fun seeing your friends do well.

I expect more Brawl tournies. This game is too much fun.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
hrm... apparently Yoru lost his Ipod at this. Its a black video nano so if anyone found it he would much appreciate getting it back.

BIG C

Smash Master
TEAMS

1st Deus ex Machina (Overswarm and Jiano)ROB and Snake
2nd Turtlesplosion (Cosmo and Zjiin) Game and Watch and Snake
3rd Team Pineapples
4th Team Kioski (SuperDoodleMan and Seanson) ROB and Lucas
5th Biggest Boss (Joel and Tink)
5th Team No
7th Asian Sensation (Brightside and Yoru)
7th Payday
9th RickRolled(Big C and DADDY)
9th Team Andre
9th Hail to the Chimp (Joshu and Iggy)
9th Gun Punch (Sliq and Kel)
13th Kicken Rad
13th New Team
13th Mr. T's Gonna Be Somebosy (Captain Awesome and Mendoza)
13th Team Power
17th Team Team
17th Kishes (Squared and Prime)
17th Srlc Team
17th Team CPU
17th Fantastic 4 - 2
17th Team Pain
17th Team Lose A Lot
17th Team Skeet
25th Bone Crusher

Singles

1st Joel (Game and Watch)
2nd Cosmo (Game and Watch)
3rd Overswarm (R.O.B)
4th BloodHawk (Lucario)
5th Jiano (Snake)
5th Brightside (MetaKnight)
7th Toga (Wario)
7th Chexr (Wolf/Kirby)
9th Yoru (Pit/Falco)
9th Vance (Snake)
9th Sliq (Ganon)
9th Daddy (DDD)
13th Iggy (Game and Watch)
13th KishPrime (Pokemon Trainer/Olimar)
13th Tink (Pikachu/Luigi/ROB)
13th Juke (Snake)
17th SuperDoodleMan (ROB)
17th Big D (Marth)
17th Zjiin (Snake)
17th Leslie (Metaknight)
17th Blank
17th Joshu (Zero Suit Samus)
17th Kel (MetaKnight/others?)
17th Sparrow (Zero Suit Samus)
25th 311(Bowser/Others)
25th Mello (Fox/Others)
25th Viperboy (GW/others?)
25th Shep (DQ'd)
25th DaveRob1 (Kirby)
25th Seanson (Lucas)
25th JoeB
25th Big C (Lucario/others)

Zjiin

Smash Master
Too much fun.

Tink/BigC ~Nice job running a tournament that probably exceeded the safe amount of people allowed in your house. Seeding on singles pools was pretty weak, but no johns.

Brightside ~ No Skokies.

Joel ~good **** with that garbage character. psh.

Sliq ~Good job holding C-tip's glasses on your head.

Rylin ~Way to stop C-tip from making it into bracket

C-tip ~Good job getting fronzled by another girl. You also forgot your glasses again.

BigD ~...is Jackie Chan with a sword

Jiano ~Our hot potato with grenades in finals = 222good

Viperboy ~It's the same thing, just slowed down

Toga ~gg's. Wario is too funny to watch.

Overswarm ~No one likes Rob. I'm still crying.

Juke ~Melee is too good.

Sofaking ~Your pit makes me want to quit the game, not in a good way.

Capt Awesome/Mendoza ~you fros bolted before any friendlies could be played.

Cosmo ~Pretty lame having to get you second round in bracket. Also, play a different character.

Capps ~Awesome to see you make it out to this.

That guy who plugged up the toilet in the morning with that monster loaf ~thanks for that.

To all the rest of ya that i played, gg's. I wanna add that beore this tourney, we decided that the top tier characters were (no order) G&W, Meta Knight, Snake, and Rob. Team finals? Rob & Snake Vs G&W & Snake. Singles finals? G&W dittos. 'nuff said.

[EDIT] A few setups were taken home WITH the tapes still in them, so i'll have to sit down and see what actually got recorded on the tapes i have left. Good job guys.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Nice job to everybody who did well. Good time. Must happen again some time.

Side note: My TV was set up in the basement and today when I went to put in a tape, I found one in there already. It had some gameplay (haven't seen what all was on it yet) of somebody with the tag "Trixy" and somebody else playing on what looked like a Hyrule Temple 64 custom made stage. If this is your tape and you want any of the vids on it posted, I could do that. Just let me know.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Hey, Nice job to everybody who did well. Good time. Must happen again some time.

Side note: My TV was set up in the basement and today when I went to put in a tape, I found one in there already. It had some gameplay (haven't seen what all was on it yet) of somebody with the tag "Trixy" and somebody else playing on what looked like a Hyrule Temple 64 custom made stage. If this is your tape and you want any of the vids on it posted, I could do that. Just let me know.
If you find any actual tourney matches on there, putting them up would be great. You can also keep the tape, heh. I'm waiting for allisbrawl tio results to see what teh bracket was to check against what was recorded before uplaoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom