• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who's your most hated char to play against?

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
hey guys,

im a marth main, and recently, i've been having trouble beating this samus main.

so like i just want to get the opinion of you samus mains out there: who do you hate to play the most??

i mean dont tell me stuff like it depends on your skill level, i obviously know that, lol

and yes, playstyle matters a ton

just some input would be nice

and yea i already know marth should pretty much **** the matchup anyway, so if your answer's marth, that's cool too\

thanks a lot guys

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Marth is my toughest matchup and the matchup I hate the most. His sword is imbued with too much win and hacks.

There arent any Sheiks or Jigglypuffs in my area otherwise itd probably be one of them -_-

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I agree, ganon is a problem. But so is jiggz and sheik definetly. Marth is fine, really.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
falco and sheik

i don't know wtf to do against falco really and it's just like pew pew pew get hit hit hit die upb get off then die again

bad sheiks are pretty basic and not a pain but good sheiks **** me up PERIOD case in point m2k sigh

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Honestly, I hate fighting every single high and top tier char. Its a constant struggle but I guess Im doing it to myself for using Samus -_- Maybe I should pick up Fox XD

Watty

Smash Lord
samus has like 3 actually bad matchups, actually ill say 2, 3 depending on the style of the character. Jiggs Peach and a very specific fox style is difficult but id say doable

PB&J

Smash Hero
i hate fighting samus even though im getting better vs her, i still find it annoying

but i thing the most hated characters in the game are icys,puff, and peach..hands down any order

Pi

Smash Hero
Jiggs and Peach and Shiek
Doing better against Ganon
Have too much practice against marths to be annoyed by them
Same with falco's

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Jiggs and Peach and Shiek
Doing better against Ganon
Have too much practice against marths to be annoyed by them
Same with falco's
Yeah, I have an easy time with Marth, falco, falcon, fox.
I actually consider peach easy too though... maybe its my play style.

JELLYHEAD

Smash Cadet
I use Peach as a secondary, doing that gets you REALLY used to the whole spacing game, that said I still hate Marth cuz I always THINK I'm out of his range and then get tippered but generally with decent enough spacing you can mindgame him into throwing out Fsmash against nothing all day... Marth is fine.

My real hard matchups are Sheik and Falcon, Falcon gets FREAKIN AUTO COMBOS on us cuz of Samus' floatiness which = major freakin damage every time he gets a **** grab *angry face*

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I use Peach as a secondary, doing that gets you REALLY used to the whole spacing game, that said I still hate Marth cuz I always THINK I'm out of his range and then get tippered but generally with decent enough spacing you can mindgame him into throwing out Fsmash against nothing all day... Marth is fine.

My real hard matchups are Sheik and Falcon, Falcon gets FREAKIN AUTO COMBOS on us cuz of Samus' floatiness which = major freakin damage every time he gets a **** grab *angry face*
I do good against falcon. sheik is mean D=
Peach is annoying, lucky I don't know many.

.45ACP

Smash Rookie
I'm terribad against Marth; it's switch to Link time if they go Marth, lulz.

Against Jigglypuff is long and tedious, but not most difficult, I don't think.

Sheik used to be super hard for me, but now not as much? Maybe the Sheik's I've been playing against lately haven't been playing gay enough.

Also, against Sheik, you can cc her aerials to pretty high percents. CC-punishing a Sheik fair is big lulz.

Doc can also be annoying sometimes, but again not the most difficult, I don't think.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Top/High tiers:

Marth - I fight against Marths the most out of any char in the game. He's still my worst matchup.

Sheik - I dont play agianst many Sheiks so I wouldnt know. I just know theyre gay as hell. My strategy against Sheik is grab them before they can grab me :D

Falcon - Utilt/Ftilt their approach or wavedash back -> move. A lota other stuff but thats what I mostly do. Grabs are fun also. This guy is gay once he gets a hit off though -_- The only char in the game where you can throw moves aimlessly and profit (Maybe Marth also).

Jiggz - I never play against good Jigglies. Played Chexr once though, it was bad. Terrible terrible matchup.

Peach - This hoe is annoying and sometimes tough to beat. Turnip -> pressure could be the worst in the nation.

Spacies are fun unless they camp you -_- or space too good. Then you wanna kill something.

ICs - Poor poor ICs.

Rat

Smash Lord
Falco is my least favorite match-up. Once a character hits the other one, then it's fun. But the whole part before that sucks. Not really difficult though.....hm..... edit: Quick change. Fighting falco is fun when they think about what they are doing.

I only play samus so worrying about match-ups isn't really my thing. If I played more characters then trying to find the best match-up makes sense. I try to focus on how they play, not what they play =/.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Falco is my least favorite match-up. Once a character hits the other one, then it's fun. But the whole part before that sucks. Not really difficult though.....hm..... edit: Quick change. Fighting falco is fun when they think about what they are doing.

I only play samus so worrying about match-ups isn't really my thing. If I played more characters then trying to find the best match-up makes sense. I try to focus on how they play, not what they play =/.
I think most of use here only us Samus. And I hate falco too. He completely kills my missile game.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Peach. Her priority is ridiculous, every move can destroy your approach and she can stall the hell out of you with a stock lead.

And no CCing ever sucks!

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
it can but it shouldn't

i personally wouldn't approach unless it's safe to do so

you can also CC but i suppose it's dangerous if she dsmashes...(i mean i would think you can CC something and then immediately SDI/DI/stop CCing away from the dsmash...but someone would have to clear that up because i don't know for sure....also that would probably something you'd have to train so that you laugh at peach next time she tries something like that)

the stalling is gay

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
****ing Marth!

That peice of **it! He's got his gay, ********, glitched, hacked sword, and great range... I can't attack him from the top cuz of stupid uptilt! His sword destroys my missiles, and I can't fricking attack him from anywhere else because of his *see sentence 2*...

Pi

Smash Hero
****ing Marth!

That peice of **it! He's got his gay, ********, glitched, hacked sword, and great range... I can't attack him from the top cuz of stupid uptilt! His sword destroys my missiles, and I can't fricking attack him from anywhere else because of his *see sentence 2*...
I use to hate marth, now I like the match up. I play a marth regularly and he does 'well' in tournaments, obviously he's not winning any major ones, but he's above the curve.
I like the matchup because it really makes you space well, forces it.

I hate jiggs and peach a lot, though.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I use to hate marth, now I like the match up. I play a marth regularly and he does 'well' in tournaments, obviously he's not winning any major ones, but he's above the curve.
I like the matchup because it really makes you space well, forces it.

I hate jiggs and peach a lot, though.
Ya, Marth can be a real pest... I don't really like Peach or Jiggs either ;)

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
nah *****es

marth is a fine matchup as long as you're not doing stupid **** all the time
i don't even mind fighting the high level marths that ****

whatever though
cuz you can't be doing stupid **** against anyone or you're gonna get *****

Pi

Smash Hero
nah *****es

marth is a fine matchup as long as you're not doing stupid **** all the time
i don't even mind fighting the high level marths that ****

whatever though
cuz you can't be doing stupid **** against anyone or you're gonna get *****
this.

I would definitely say marth is an easier matchup than jiggs/peach >.>

Jiggs can rest you if you smash her shield, or dash attack it, or miss a grab.

Peach can get some gay ****in gimps with turnips, which also semi shut down your missile game.

Marth is juss a solid character you have to outsmart to win, jiggs and peach can get some gay kills that can turn the match into their favor.

Rat

Smash Lord
I do have to say that Samus does really well against samus.

Her nair outpriorities almost everything Samus has.
WDback destroys so many of Samus' approaches.
Missiles are a pain in the neck.
She edgeguards samus super hard.

If Samus wasn't fighting Samus, the match-up would be in Samus' favor.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I do have to say that Samus does really well against samus.

Her nair outpriorities almost everything Samus has.
WDback destroys so many of Samus' approaches.
Missiles are a pain in the neck.
She edgeguards samus super hard.

If Samus wasn't fighting Samus, the match-up would be in Samus' favor.
This .

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
this.

I would definitely say marth is an easier matchup than jiggs/peach >.>

Jiggs can rest you if you smash her shield, or dash attack it, or miss a grab.

Peach can get some gay ****in gimps with turnips, which also semi shut down your missile game.

Marth is juss a solid character you have to outsmart to win, jiggs and peach can get some gay kills that can turn the match into their favor.

As for peach and Jiggs, well, I live in Minnesota... We have absolutely no tournaments here, so I haven't even faced any Peach or Jiggs main who have given more problems then Marth. Ah, my ignorance and inexperience. :ohwell:

Tyserification

Smash Lord
As for peach and Jiggs, well, I live in Minnesota... We have absolutely no tournaments here, so I haven't even faced any Peach or Jiggs main who have given more problems then Marth. Ah, my ignorance and inexperience. :ohwell:
Did Chexr and SDM quit or something? Theyre both Melee players from Minnesota.
Chexr is a Jiggz main.
SuperDoodleMan is a Peach main.
Both of em are pretty good players. Get at them.

You remind me of Brawl players. No offense
sort of.

just curious, asking for obvious reasons lol

what do you guys think of the pikachu matchup?
Never played against Pikachu before.

I treat pika like a weaker version of Fox

as far as my inexperience goes, the matchups is about the same except you can afford to be a bit more aggressive

Top Bottom