• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who's your most hated char to play against?

Rat

Smash Lord
you can dtilt his shield without risking a knee. it is close but not free.

If your shield isn't coming up then buffer a spot dodge or time an UpB (invincibility frames ftw).

Pi

Smash Hero
you can dtilt his shield without risking a knee. it is close but not free.

If your shield isn't coming up then buffer a spot dodge or time an UpB (invincibility frames ftw).
hm
i'll see next time I play him
i played him a few days ago and he wasn't doing it
but i chalked that up to rust
since he doesn't play much

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Frame data says you can get kneed after a shielded dtilt, with like 7 frame leniency for the Falcon. And I've had Scar do it to me.

Edit: Also, Rat, have you ever played Iori's Mewtwo? Not quite so easy (still one of the few characters of his I can actually beat though).

Rat

Smash Lord
**** I'll stop dtilting the front side of shields.

I might have played Iori like 2 years ago at a Viperboy tournament, but it's unlikely.

I guess I need to play more mew2s. =(

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
No, you really don't. Like you said, it's almost hilarious how little Mewtwo can do in that matchup.
Iori's just really really good and camps like a ***** until you mess up and get grabbed or naired.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
for me top 3 hardest are:

falcon
jiggz
peach

fox,falco and marth aint to bad

but i dont really play that many people and the best guy i play is like 7th best in england or sumin =s

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
for me top 3 hardest are:

falcon
jiggz
peach

fox,falco and marth aint to bad

but i dont really play that many people and the best guy i play is like 7th best in england or sumin =s
I agree with jiggz and peach, but replace falcon with sheik.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
she's at the top above all i think in tier list but its a 60/40 match up her way against samus where as falcon is 70/30 his way but im not so sure :p

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i would think shiek is pretty much still gay with the needles, but at least she doesn't have dthrow->aerial

right?

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
only at high % but shes at the top of our tier list so yeah pretty gay, but that might change seeing as our best player has switched to falcon

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i don't follow the european scene; who is the best samus?
i would think that samus would be much better in pal

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
porc from france told me that the upair is different also in that each hit of it has more knockback than in ntsc, but i don't see that listed in the pal/ntsc differences

samus *****!

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
yeah it does i use it for edgeguarders and would be gimpers

mind linking me to the thread with all the differences im a little curious of some things

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Sheik's grab game on Samus vs Samus' grab game on Sheik is a microcosm of the entire Sheik vs Samus matchup.
Sheik has many situations where she is guaranteed a grab, risks very little in terms of punishment by potentially missing a grab, and is guaranteed at least one free hit (or a KO at high %s) to go along with every grab.
Samus has to predict pretty much perfectly to get a grab, puts herself at huge risk if she misses, and is lucky to get a single hit out of it.
Discuss?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Yeah, I remember hearing that if you dthrow, WD back, charge shot, you can time it where it will cover all 4 tech options. But I've never been able to do it correctly, and I usually don't have a charge shot when I grab a Sheik at KO%.

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
well i have both pal and ntsc and i can do alot more on ntsc i didnt say it as fact i said it based on personal preference so srry for that ^^

Pi

Smash Hero
well i have both pal and ntsc and i can do alot more on ntsc i didnt say it as fact i said it based on personal preference so srry for that ^^
lol np
unless there are more than 2 frame perfect inputs required
it's gotta be the same difficulty :p

HugS™

Smash Lord
IHSB, I haven't been able to pull off the timing recently, I think I've been trying to start the wavedash too early to do it correctly.

Either way there is always a guaranteed hit off dthrowing a sheik.

I'm guessing the problem is when they perfectly DI away? A dash attack will always land. You can start it late or early, depending on what you want out of it. I haven't tried combo options out of it. But I'll have some down before pound no doubt.

Radical Reactor

Smash Rookie
Sup fellow Sami! I'd like to throw a question into the mix. The question is:

What is Samus' best way to deal with Marth's dash attack?

I've tried several things and there I still haven't really figured it out.

Here's how it goes:

1. Samus Shields: Marth can shield pressure (fair, grab, overb), sets up spacing for combos
2. Samus UpB's out of Shield: Only works if Marth's DA is deep; Marth can (should) adjust spacing
3. Samus spot dodges: Works but it has VERY STRICT timing; almost impractical, but it is possible to utilize
4. Anything else: get hit

It seems like Marth has an answer to every option here. (And yes, I do realize how simple of a scenario this is, but w/e, just answer the ****ing question. ty.)

Any ideas?

if spaced well, wavedash out of shield backwards and wait for a response

if not spaced well, the dash attack should have enough lag for a wavedash out of shield to dtilt/jab/ftilt

not sure about the 2nd one though

Radical Reactor

Smash Rookie
Not to be a jerk or anything, but only mention things that you have verified yourself as practical. I don't really need help speculating any further. ty.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I feel like I've been able to wavedash oos -> ftilt on Marth's dash attack, even when tipped, but I don't know for sure. I've been waiting until I could test it out before posting, but I don't know when I'll get to play someone next... should be some time this week though. I'll definitely find out for sure then.

resTy

Smash Champion
If Marth tips his dash attack on your shield, wait for him to do another move afterwards because Marths almost never grab afterwards, then wavedash back to regain your composure.
If Marth doesn't tip his dash attack on your shield, wavedash towards him and Dsmash/Dtilt/Ftilt.
If you know he's gonna dash attack and he hasn't dash attacked yet, grab or dash attack him XD.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
or step back slightly and make him realize he was a fool by laughing at him and his missed spaced dash attack

AIDS

Smash Lord
Sup fellow Sami! I'd like to throw a question into the mix. The question is:

What is Samus' best way to deal with Marth's dash attack?

I've tried several things and there I still haven't really figured it out.

Here's how it goes:

1. Samus Shields: Marth can shield pressure (fair, grab, overb), sets up spacing for combos
2. Samus UpB's out of Shield: Only works if Marth's DA is deep; Marth can (should) adjust spacing
3. Samus spot dodges: Works but it has VERY STRICT timing; almost impractical, but it is possible to utilize
4. Anything else: get hit

It seems like Marth has an answer to every option here. (And yes, I do realize how simple of a scenario this is, but w/e, just answer the ****ing question. ty.)

Any ideas?
Wave dash out of shield to Fsmash works, or jump out of shield to arial if your fast.
Also dash attack with marth is garbage, especially vs samus.

Aves

Smash Apprentice
I hate Sheik, Marth, and Jiggs.

Are there any throw combos that help land a charge shot on Marth? Like upthrow to charge shot on spacies, and sometimes downthrow to charge shot on Jiggs?

resTy

Smash Champion
D-throw -> wavedash back -> Charged shot = If they don't jump and tech instead.
There is no sure deal from a grab -> Charged shot vs. Marth.

Top Bottom