• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's your Secondary?

Llumys

Smash Champion
I'd rather discuss the reason for the existence of the thread listing thread.

I know you're supposed to read it before you make a new thread, but what exactly does that mean?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Llumys, it's fine. I really would rather not resurrect an eight month old thread.

I side DDD, though I don't play him too much, or at least as much as I should, in tournament. But he covers just about all of Olimar's bad matchups. Anything that most people consider 40:60 or worse DDD does really well in, except for maybe MK.

I've also been playing peach quite a bit lately. I don't know if I'll end up using her for the Olimar matchup or just play her for fun, though.

Denti

Smash Master
I sub ganon dorf cuz he's the ****... beat a few top players with my G dorf at a torney recently when they didnt choose S tier characters. ;D

my dorf is legit! MM anyone my dorf????

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
I sub ganon dorf cuz he's the ****... beat a few top players with my G dorf at a torney recently when they didnt choose S tier characters. ;D

my dorf is legit! MM anyone my dorf????
il mm it :D

we all know ganon ***** oli ;D

100$?

but on topic, i second MK cuz im trash :D

Denti

Smash Master
darn right he does! i beat leemartin's DK one round with G dorf and i beat a snake that as in the finals at the torney i just went to..(by finals i mean like the top 8 or 12 out of 65? i dont remember but he was good, it gathered a crowd to watch ;D) i cant remember his name but i HATED his grab release crap but i timed it to work in my favor... sometimes LOL but like speaking seriously about my dorf the rounds i won were legit but honestly i was just bull****ing it. like ganon has sooooooooo much punish for people who go for it, like Dair kills from 0%ish off ledge and like muder choking off the stage as a comacazi. and people dont knwo the ganon match up so i have that ADV.. like no one expects for Uair to have priority over most up specials like i gimped a toonlink twice with my ganondorf because of his recovery gets ***** by ganon Uair lolz. but i didnt JUST play top players i played other people for fun and i destroyed 2 other guys 2 to 3 stocked them every time... they really underestimate how much kill power ganon has ;) and then i played some other guy and it was really even but he always one with 1 stock and some damage left over. lol

i love ganon Uair cuz it yanks people behind the dorf and i can down special if they land or Uair again if they stay airborn, but also you'd be suprised at how people dont space to dodge ganon Dair hitbox... it's a massive hit box lol

more like a billion dollar MM echo! you saw my ghetto DK! imagine kill hungry dorf ;D

Denti

Smash Master
lol it's all good! totally offensive tho.... makes me think your a D bag but whatever, i dont see the problem to not read, but to shortin it up

beat lee martin DK one round

a snake one round who made it to top 12 at a torney of 65

3 others i wrecked back and forth

all with ganon, super kills!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just so the OP knows, there's a sticky called "thread listings," and in the thread it lists a lot of threads that people often look for or usually make threads about. One of them is about secondaries for Oli users.

I'm trying to pick up the ICs personally. They're a great pocket secondary, covering Falco, MK, Olimar, Marth (imo) and Sheik among various others.

Fino

Smash Master
I'm trying to pick up the ICs personally. They're a great pocket secondary, covering Falco, MK, Olimar, Marth (imo) and Sheik among various others.
Falco - kinda agree
Mk - ROFLMFAO DAAAAAAMN *dies of laughter*
/10 b-buttons
Olimar - debate-able
Marth - agree
Sheik - teehee yummy (agree)

~Fino

roces9

Smash Rookie
Just so the OP knows, there's a sticky called "thread listings," and in the thread it lists a lot of threads that people often look for or usually make threads about. One of them is about secondaries for Oli users.
I was wondering why I got flamed a little bit there, but we'll just pretend that I knew that and was trying to see how much that has changed since the original thread.

I'm actually going to give IC a shot now that you mention that DanGR

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

Falco - kinda agree
Mk - ROFLMFAO DAAAAAAMN *dies of laughter*
/10 b-buttons
Olimar - debate-able
Marth - agree
Sheik - teehee yummy (agree)

~Fino
Tornado doesn't worry me very much, considering I'm in a blizzard wall for a good portion game, and I get a free kill if he uses it too close to the ground. Also, I'd call debatably even or slight disadvantage ICs a good MU against MK.

And do I really have to explain why it's a nearly unwinnable matchup for Falco?

edit: You infer too much from my posts. >.> I didn't say the ICs had a clear advantage on all these characters. In fact, I think the ICs go even with marth and MK, have an awesome matchup against Falco and Sheik, and have a solid advantage on Oli.

Denti

Smash Master
MK is obviously the best secondary, he's so good it'd be better to main him in the first place, only match up that ties his statistics is Ice climbers 50-50, everything else is in his advantage. but i believe Game and Watch is the best secondary besides MK for olimar IMO. here is the match up stuff i made in a comparison between OLI and GaW.

Game and Watch Match Up statistic Comparison to Olimar
Falco 60-40 + 10 More than olimar
Wolf 60-40 + 15 More than olimar
Shiek 60-40 + 15 More than olimar
ice climbers 60-40 + 5 More than olimar
ROB 65-35 + 25 More than olimar
Peach 65-35 + 25 More than olimar
pikachu 65-35 + 10 More than olimar
Ness 70-30 + 20-25 More than olimar
Luigi 70-30 + 35 More than olimar
Fox 65-35 + 5 More than olimar
Pit 65-35 + 5 More than olimar
Jigglypuff 80-20 + 5 More than olimar
Sonic 65-35 + 5 More than olimar
Metaknight 40-60 + 5 More than olimar
Mario 65-35 + 5 More than olimar
Yoshi 65-35 + 20 More than olimar
Game and Watch 50-50 + 5 More than olimar LOL
Olimar 55-45 + 5 More than olimar
Lucas 75-25 + 15

Marth 35-65 Only HARD match up more in olimar's favor by + 5

Marth Match up statistics with olimar VS GaW
ROB 50-50 + 10 More than olimar GaW offer a + 15 difference than marth
Wolf 50-50 + 5 More than olimar GaW offer a + 10 difference than marth
Marth 50-50 + 10 More than olimar Marth has + 15 Over GaW
Falco 60-40 + 10 More than olimar EVEN
GaW 65-35 + 20 More than olimar Marth has + 15 Over GaW
Diddy Kong 60-40 + 10 More than olimarMarth has + 20 Over GaW
Peach 60-40 + 20 More than olimar GaW offer a + 5 difference than marth
Shiek 60-40 + 15 More than olimar EVEN
Zero Suit Samus 55-45 + 5 More than olimar Marth has + 5 Over GaW
Olimar 60-40 + 10 More than olimar Marth has + 5 Over GaW
Wario 60-40 + 10 More than olimar Marth has + 10 Over GaW
Pikachu 65-35 + 10 More than olimar EVEN
Yoshi 65-35 + 20 More than olimar EVEN
Mario 65-35 + 5 More than olimar EVEN
Ness 70-30 + 25-30 More than olimarEVEN
Luigi 70-30 + 35 More than olimar EVEN
Lucas 70-30 + 10 More than olimar GaW offer a + 5 difference than marth

on a side note Marth and OLI have the same match up for MK 65-35 but GaW has a 60-40. i didnt post that because it ties with olimar

GaW beats Marth for secondry statitics with ROB, wolf, Peach, MK, and Lucas. Marth Beats Gaw in olimar secondary in the match ups with Marth, GaW, Diddy kong, ZSS, Olimar, and Wario. I see big potential in choosing either for a secondary. If you choose GaW you beat all of OLI's hard match ups except marth. If you choose Marth you Get more chance against the Higher Tier characters but not as much power over oliar's bad match ups.

i didnt do the statistics with Ice climbers because i hate them lol I'd never secondary them, only thing i wana do with them is beat them, not play them lol
:laugh:

Noa.

Smash Master
Denti, those matchup numbers for G&W are completely wrong. You make him look like a good character, lol. Pretty much all of those advantages are actually even, and most of those even matchups aren't actually in his favor. It's quite sad for G&W really. If he had matchup numbers like that, I wouldn't have dropped him for Olimar.

Marth looks kinda fishy too. Where'd you get those numbers anyway?

Denti

Smash Master
i got them from the marth match up boards and GaW match up boards.... i guess they lied then? or mabye your opinion is different from theirs even though they main the guy? which i doubt lol.

LINKS from Denti's Charts MU numbers

here is the GaW link http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174763

and here is marth's http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=186736

I think GaW ***** everyone else below him on the tier list, i talk to UTD zack a lot and he talks about GaW match ups with people lower tier than him, generally speaking of course.

lol and thank you Llumys for calling my stuff ugly, i only put what i found on the boards, like it or not. :lick:

Noa.

Smash Master
Matchup numbers from matchup threads tend to be vastly inaccurate. Seriously. G&W is not that good of a character.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
this thread is full of fail and a lot of ;tldr

i secondary luigi mario and mario mario, as well as a little bit of ic's

Top Bottom