• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why 35 characters is not going to happen.

theoryC

Smash Rookie
Excuse me if someone has already pointed this out, I've been away for a couple days.

This YouTube video is now confirmed to be real, because it has the same announcer as the new Brawl videos, and because the roster is consistent with Famitsu reports.

There are 23 characters in the starting roster. The are room for 8 more slots on the side, which would be 31 altogether. That's not very many, so I'm assuming they'll add another group of three to the side. That brings it to 34. Add another 3 and it's 37, etc., etc.

Could they add more to the bottom? If they did, it would require for 10 more characters in addition to the unlockable 8, which would bring the total to 41 characters.

Either way, you don't get 35. What if there's some holes, like Melee? I highly doubt that will be the case, considering that a random slot now exists. You would think that if there were holes, they would be the random spots, but that's clearly not the case.

My guess? 37 characters. Who are they? Well, we have Sonic and Snake which brings us to 25. Lucario, Ness and Jiggly bring us to 28. Luigi and Falcon are givens, which brings us to 30. Ganondorf and a Star Fox character are probable, which is 32. That only leaves 5 spots, which could be returning or new characters. So hopefully I'm wrong and they make room for 40 (another 3 slots up from 37).

Again, if this has already been adressed, my apologies. Someone can lock this or whatever.

Zek

Smash Ace
Give me a break, they can resize the icons a little bit or add a fourth row or do whatever they want. There's no way you can possibly deconfirm a roster based on this. Though the video being real actually supports the 35 character roster thanks to the leak that accurately predicted the relative positions of all the starters. That leak suggests 4 rows, 8 characters per(one being random).

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Oh sure, and 32 is definitely acceptible. /sarcasm if you didn't notice -.-'

Seriously, they won't let some stupid thing like how much screen get in their way. They could do hundreds of things with it. Stop making threads like this people, it's dumb.

theoryC

Smash Rookie
Yeah. Because there's no WAY Nintendo would have laid out the starting roster that way for a reason.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Well hey, look on the bright side...

If the reports of a roster of 35 say that it EXCLUDES transformations (I don't remember), then combine Ivysaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus, and we've got a roster of 40. Don't be fooled, the Pokemon Trainer himself isn't a fighter after all.

PLUS, since Wii games can now be decrypted, I can predict another debug mode, or maybe just a character modifier code. This would mean that we could play as the Fighting Alloys, and if they functioned the way Master Hand and Crazy Hand did, some bosses and/or enemies.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
ZOMG!!! DARTH VADER ISN'T ON THAT ROSTER AND SAKURAI TOLD ME WHEN I WENT TO HIS HOUSE THAT DARTH VADER WAS IN THIS GAME!!!!

okay...so, I'm not really that stupid to seriously type something like this. I just wanted to make the point that someone who says that they were told about content in this game is probably lying. If they know how to type, that's really the only skill involved in making a rumor. Oh...and then making everyone think like it's true unless you can prove it's not...when really, it should be the other way around.

all this crap is feeding off of your addiction, insecurity, and fears for what Brawl could or may not be. And too many people here are making their job sooooo easy.

Brawl is what it is. Specualations are right or wrong. If someone has a lucky guess, it's just a lucky guess

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
No@Bosses/enemies from SSE, most likely. They coded SSE differently than the rest of the game, if you read the interviews.

And did Nintendo layout the Melee starting roster for any particular reason?
Too much speculation, but the 35 character ROB64ster isn't gonna happen.

aplainstick

Smash Rookie
How about 4 rows with 9 collums (wait how the hell do you spell that?) with one random window.

4*9=36
36-1=5

yeah 35 could still easily work.

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
ZOMG!!! DARTH VADER ISN'T ON THAT ROSTER AND SAKURAI TOLD ME WHEN I WENT TO HIS HOUSE THAT DARTH VADER WAS IN THIS GAME!!!!

okay...so, I'm not really that stupid to seriously type something like this. I just wanted to make the point that someone who says that they were told about content in this game is probably lying. If they know how to type, that's really the only skill involved in making a rumor. Oh...and then making everyone think like it's true unless you can prove it's not...when really, it should be the other way around.

all this crap is feeding off of your addiction, insecurity, and fears for what Brawl could or may not be. And too many people here are making their job sooooo easy.

Brawl is what it is. Specualations are right or wrong. If someone has a lucky guess, it's just a lucky guess
HAHAHAAHAHHAHAHHAH ha :laugh:
i love this forum and its great populace

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .It's people like your self that make me think that this 35 character thing IS real.

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, lay off on theory. Whether or not there is 35, 37, 40, or 100, I think what theory is trying to say is that Nintendo would have no point in making icons a certain size if there were just going to have them shrink in-game later.

You all are acting like Nintendo made 23 chars with those icons, and was "Oh noez! The rest don't fit! What are we gonna do?!?!?" and then decided to shrink them in-game. Which, of course, is ********.

If Nintendo was at a point where they needed more room (as if they didn't already have everything planned out...) then they'd just friggin remake the icons the appropriate size. In niether of the previous two Smash games did they have resizing. What make all you crazies think they'd be slopply like that now?

Oh, and welcome to the boards, theory. :D

Top Bottom