• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why am I disliked/What can I do to not be disliked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
It's been brought to my attention that apparently a good portion of the smash community dislikes me or hates me for some reason or another.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I really don't give a ****, but I can see how some people could look at you as an atention *****, due to some thread spam you dide sometime back.

Quite like this one.

Pi

Smash Hero
It's been brought to my attention that apparently a good portion of the smash community dislikes me or hates me for some reason or another.
I hesitate to respond
because I've juss assumed most of your posts were sarcastic
or that you were aware of how you were being perceived
but on the off chance that you are serious
it's how you state your opinions
like they're final
like what you've said is law
like you've won major tournaments/contributed a great deal to the metagame
Basically
Arrogance
But this is the internet, so hey, whatever.

cykofox

Smash Ace
yo lets team at pound..ure just pretty insecure aboot ur abilities as a smasher and seem somewhat jaded..

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I don't know who you are if that makes you feel any better.....wait are you that falco that forward jizzed on with falcon while taj yelled stomp him in his nuts,

that was all in his mouth, he made him suck it right down, oh my gawd.

lol taj is the best commentator

sorry though this is the only thing I know you from, didn't know people hated you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgA6ihhAn7g

EDIT:

LOL just watched a few vids of you vs forward and realized all your comments have like -13
I guess everyone really does hate you

Tamoo

Smash Master
Pointless theads that I see from time to time, like

'G&W is my new secondary!!!'
and
'Why does everybody hate me!!!'

Screams attention.

If you care, I have nothing against ya, partly cos its the internet, as long as ur a cool guy irl, don't care what ppl think over the internet lol

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I don't dislike you, but I can see how you rub people the wrong way. You make threads about you being frustrated that you can't get better at this game and asking for advice--and then when people try to give you advice you dismiss it as bad advice. This goes on for about twenty pages of a thread with everyone yelling at you, and then you finally admit that someone has a point and you feel better. A month or two later, you do it all over again. That's probably why people dislike you. I don't. I understand that this game can be decently frustrating at times, but I just think that if you eased up a little bit and realized it's just a video game, you'd probably do a lot better and have a lot more fun. Anyway, hope I shed some light on all this.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
you get frustrated too easily (and it shows), john a lot, act like a know-it-all, and make millions of advice threads about how you aren't getting better, and you're kinda self-centered

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
you get frustrated too easily (and it shows), john a lot, act like a know-it-all, and make millions of advice threads about how you aren't getting better, and you're kinda self-centered
^^^ He's right. I wouldn't take that the wrong way Ruby, just chill out some lol

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I also insult for being wrong about something. I remember the first time you replied to me you called me a scrub just for being wrong. And I wasn't even completely wrong. You said brawl isn't campy anymore and then you called me a scrub. WTF

I don't dislike you, but I can see how you rub people the wrong way. You make threads about you being frustrated that you can't get better at this game and asking for advice--and then when people try to give you advice you dismiss it as bad advice. This goes on for about twenty pages of a thread with everyone yelling at you, and then you finally admit that someone has a point and you feel better. A month or two later, you do it all over again. That's probably why people dislike you. I don't. I understand that this game can be decently frustrating at times, but I just think that if you eased up a little bit and realized it's just a video game, you'd probably do a lot better and have a lot more fun. Anyway, hope I shed some light on all this.
Same views as that guy.

null55

Smash Master
lol yeah, exactly.

i don't like you cause you made this ****ing thread. no one gives a ****, get the hell over yourself and get better at the game, and then maybe people will forget about how much you care about what others think.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Silly posts and whining. Like this.
Making threads like this helps.
lol yeah, exactly.

i don't like you cause you made this ****ing thread. no one gives a ****, get the hell over yourself and get better at the game, and then maybe people will forget about how much you care about what others think.
You guys are not helping. Seriously. Well, the first one, I'm not even sure that guy knows who you are, he joined in November <.<;;

Regardless, I think the three of you guys need to be a lot more forgiving. You start out hating him because of the things he does, and when he wants to change, you hate him even more. Is that the way the world works? Let's hope not. If he wants to change and work on the things that make him disliked in our community--I don't blame him. Everyone wants to be accepted to some degree. And maybe he's going about it in a way that you don't appreciate--who cares!? Get over yourselves and realize that beneath all that he's still a human being who has feelings--you remember what those are, right? He's put a lot of time and effort into Smash, it doesn't surprise me he wants to be accepted by the community. Instead of judging him at every move, why don't you just love the guy despite your own distaste for him. Maybe that'll actually give him some room to grow and develop as a human being. But when people like you guys shove him away, you only serve to make a further divide in the social hierarchy. Stop getting kicks out of being heartless and give the guy a second chance.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Because you're blunt at times, even when it isn't neccessary. You can be a major attention *****.(No-one who doesnt actually know you or ever sees you doesn't actively hate you, they just flame you when they see you do stupid ****)

and this

it's how you state your opinions
like they're final
like what you've said is law
like you've won major tournaments/contributed a great deal to the metagame
Basically
Arrogance
But this is the internet, so hey, whatever.
But I don't hate you. I just think you need to chill.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Really? Well don't worry about it, if you're a cool guy then them disliking you is their problem and not yours. The people who dislike you are probably douches anyways.

Dogboy

Smash Apprentice
... just leave for a while. there is no "rep meter" here. People will forget aftwer a while and go get some prozac.
If yer just a troll, just take an indefinite hiatus.
I'm here for the info, so I honestly dont pay tons of attention to what you do.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I read a few of your posts but i didnt really think anything bad about you...

at worst i thought there were still things you needed to learn about the game... don't get stressed over what people think man.

sauc3

Smash Lord
because you make threads on the Smashboards melee discussion thread asking 'Why am I disliked/What can I do to not be disliked"

are you melee? ... no

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
haha welcome to life. you don't know what dislike is I've had people I don't even know walk up and punch me in the balls before and someone told me i'm their hero also. On smash boards people love me and others steal my password and edit my posts in groups and insult me and tell me I don't know ANYTHING about pichu which is all I do.

sauc3

Smash Lord
haha welcome to life. you don't know what dislike is I've had people I don't even know walk up and punch me in the balls before and someone told me i'm their hero also. On smash boards people love me and others steal my password and edit my posts in groups and insult me and tell me I don't know ANYTHING about pichu which is all I do.
and tell me I don't know ANYTHING about pichu which is all I do.
summon: JPOBS

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i dont hate anyone. i am a neutral person. i dont even root for ppl in matches, i just enjoy the show.

but im pretty sure if u meet some ppl on these boards irl they might not hate u.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You guys are not helping. Seriously. Well, the first one, I'm not even sure that guy knows who you are, he joined in November <.<;;

Regardless, I think the three of you guys need to be a lot more forgiving. You start out hating him because of the things he does, and when he wants to change, you hate him even more. Is that the way the world works? Let's hope not. If he wants to change and work on the things that make him disliked in our community--I don't blame him. Everyone wants to be accepted to some degree. And maybe he's going about it in a way that you don't appreciate--who cares!? Get over yourselves and realize that beneath all that he's still a human being who has feelings--you remember what those are, right? He's put a lot of time and effort into Smash, it doesn't surprise me he wants to be accepted by the community. Instead of judging him at every move, why don't you just love the guy despite your own distaste for him. Maybe that'll actually give him some room to grow and develop as a human being. But when people like you guys shove him away, you only serve to make a further divide in the social hierarchy. Stop getting kicks out of being heartless and give the guy a second chance.

I love you, no homo.

Rob move back to AZ. =[

@Lax:

It's apparently a meme to negative everything I write on youtube regardless if I'm correct about something or not.

So I guess people dislike me because of my blunt/a matter of fact way of presenting facts, and sometimes opinions, but I fail to see how this should be worthy of being hated.

As for supposedly blowing off peoples advice, people really blow that out of proportion, I only rejected what a few people said because I felt that they were wrong, yet I accepted all of the good/great advice that came my way, and I've been progressively more and more receptive of any kind of advice. I've adapted the mindset of giving at least everything that I haven't a try to a certain extent, especially when it comes to melee. If I limit myself to only things I think will work, or know will work, and immediately dismiss anything I view as bad/incorrect/stupid I might miss out on chances to improve.

Like Proverbs said, I've sunk alot of time and effort into all of the smash games, melee especially, so of course I'd want to be accepted.

As for the GNW thread, I fail to see how that should get me any negative remarks. I decided to play a low tier, and announced it, whilst all the while asking for advice, and I did the same thing in the brawl forums like a month ago.

Oracle

Smash Master
You whine about everything. You go through the same problems as everyone else and then moan about them in pointless threads. In addition, when logical people offer you advice, you just ignore it like an idiot.

Abstract

Smash Cadet

* How does that happen *

My guess would be, because of threads like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom