• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are taunt parties hosted?

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
Seriously. I need answers.

What's the joy of telling someone they're too slow or demanding some moves to be shown? I don't want some marshmallow greeting me or some yellow mouse rolling around. And I especially don't see the joy of littering the world with boxes.

When I say "Come on, show me your moves!", I mean it.

Roihu

Smash Ace
With Everyone has so much lag, you may as well invent your own little games.
There's really no point in fighting many times.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Because there's nothing better to do on Wi-Fi. If there were one vs one stock matches without items and no bad stages on Wi-Fi With Anyone, then you would be able to have a decent match.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Actually the real truth is they just want a companion. Some people dont like fighting alone and enjoy having a buddy to rely on. Taunting is the best, non-spoken way of saying, " hi im not a total jerk, would you like to be my friend?" Generally i dont stick around if the room becomes a taunt party. I will stick around though if i get a good partner i can depend on. It helps strengthen my teamwork.

They can also surprise you..in many different and cute ways.

Denzi

Smash Master
IDK maybe because they get bored and they want some lols.
Yeah, when on With Anyone it's either taunt parties or go under the stage w/ your character (if applicable). There are some other tricks as well (Infinate Codec), but a taunt party is the most easibly recognizable, widely accepted, and simplest thing to do.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Its fun and funny.
Thats it.

ShadowAlchemist

Smash Rookie
I don't see why everyone complains about Wi-Fi so much. It's not great, but it's not terrible as everyone make it out to be. I barely ever get lag, and I have a very bad modem that's been around for years. If I can get lagless matches in Wi-Fi with my terrible modem, then I don't understand why everyone complains that it's SOOOOOO LAGGY

And yes, I don't like taunt parties either. HOWEVER, I do like the matches where everyone just goofs off for the match, because those actually ARE funny. But I just don't see what so hilarious about Kirby shouting "HIIIIIIII!! HIIIIIIII!!" or Pikachu having an electrogasm millions of times. Sure, it was funny when it started months ago, but now it's just kind of stupid (in my opinion, of course)

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
^^^^^ I agree. I rarely have lag problems when I play With Anyone. What else can you do for a decent match anyway? CPUs suck.

I like having taunt matches sometimes. It depends all on my mood......

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Because they're trying to play Smash like an MMO. They want to exist as an ultimate-insertion persona in a fantasy world.

Ange

Smash Lord
LOL. "-bomb- -bomb- AIII!!"

Anyway, I guess people just do them for fun, I mean... there has to be something else then fighting right?
Tho I personally find complete taunt parties to be really lame, I dont see the point of tapping Up-taint every 3 seconds for 2 minutes. If the party is mixed up with other funny stuff, like abusing glitches/showing tricks, then its more fun.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
I remember one of the few times I went online, it ended up with two very good players and I in a group. One used Snake and the other used a pink King Dedede I think. Every round we would all bash the heck out of each other, while an unskilled 4th player would get caught between us, quit, then get replaced by another terrible 4th player in the next game. Eventually, a 4th player came that chose Kirby and probably was the one who selected Hyrule Temple. He started spamming "Hiiii" apparently hoping to start a taunt party. Once the other two players and I realized what he was doing, we stopped hurting each other and hunted him for the rest of the game.

I remember it was Hyrule Temple because the Kirby would run away from us as fast as he could, and the other players and I would split up and trap him so he couldn't get away from us. One time after he spawned he kept jumping and went as high as he could away from us, apparently hoping he could escape by jumping somehow... We just calmly stood underneath him and waited for him to run out of jumps, then when he fell we all met him with fully charged Up-Smashes:laugh:

His taunt party didn't quite go as planned.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Seriously. I need answers.

What's the joy of telling someone they're too slow or demanding some moves to be shown? I don't want some marshmallow greeting me or some yellow mouse rolling around. And I especially don't see the joy of littering the world with boxes.

I don't get it.
Whats the matter, scared?

Come on!

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
xD

This literally made me lol

Top Bottom