• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why are you bad?

ZelDan

Smash Master
-Don't have tourney experience nor can really access any tournaments.
-Can get impatient
-Tech skill needs improvement

There's probably more but those three would be the biggest I guess.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Yeah he's better than them but he's the World's best right now. Aniolas>Twitch I'm sure.
i wouldn't be so sure about that. maybe in teams, but not in singles. aniolas lost to another NC player at pound 4, and karn isn't nearly as good as twitch is.

i would actually really like to see PP/Twitch vs Armada/Aniolas. but i think the NC brothers need to team a lot more in order to make it work.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
im bad because im one of the few that think that you can win by being offensive and aggressive. and my constant need to style on kids and be hella flashy doesnt help either..

EDIT: blackchris you sig is whats up. BASED GOD!

Mahone

Smash Champion
I'm bad because i don't focus on what my opponent is doing enough in general.

I tend to just throw out an aerial to block an approach that i think is coming, thus creating punishable lag, but instead i should be repositioning a lot of the time.

I need to sit down and practice certain situations that don't come up off often enough... like having a friend upthrow upair me at all different percents and timings and practice sdiing it, but i never do that and just want to play actual matches.

I need to experiment more and find solutions that make sense, even if no other player does it. Even if it ends up being wrong, I will completely understand why i thought it worked and why its wrong, rather than just copying a top player and not being sure of what im doing. I think the problem is linked to the previous one, because i just assume that a top player has trained the stuff with a friend so he probably knows the best option, but i don't think that is true most of the time.

I need to play puff in more of my friendlies, i don't play her that much in friendlies and then my tech skill gets sloppy, and while jiggs isn't the most techincal character, every little mistake can be the difference between taking a stock and losing a stock.

I need to think about and watch more matches of puff vs mid/low tiers, since i tend to do well against all the top tiers but then do poorly against the weird characters like luigi from lack of practice.

I need to be 100% confident in certain techskills like waveland forward, which might be high risk (if i mess up) low reward, but if i practice them enough that shouldn't be an issue and i shouldn't be limited by tech skill ever, especially with puff.

There's probably a lot more that i can't think of right now, but thats enough **** to work on for now

Myztek

Smash Ace
I've always let stupid ideas fill my head when playing in tournament that cause nervousness and other silly feelings. Fortunately, I'm learning to let go of this nonsense. Last tournament I entered, it nearly didn't affect me. Each time I noticed myself becoming frustrated, nervous, or whatever, I would tell myself "Just play the game." It helped a lot, and I'll see if I'm completely free from it next tournament.

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
I'm a fox main, and I don't make any real effort at learning new things to add to my tech skill.
Reading things in terms of frame data means nothing to me. I have no grasp of how long a frame is, performing in terms of frames, and I really get uninterested when people have discussions based on frames.
There are no low tiers around me, so I tend to forget they exist. Then, when I go to a tourney and go up against a low tier, I get bodied. So, matchup knowledge.
My game hasn't really progressed much in the last few months, and I don't know what that next step is.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I have bad Techskill
I play a bad character
I can only play against other people once a month
I am extremely inconsistent
I'm to busy with school to practice even against CPUs
I spend to much time playing Brawl

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
I need to watch where I land more.
I need to space against shields better so I dont get shield grabbed.
I need to get better at certain match ups.

Lol at "my techskill is bad" and "I don't have anyone to play" excuses.

:phone:

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
bad now will be the best later ..just started playing again so im rusty and not as quick with my hands. i will be elite with tech skill in a couple weeks, but i might still be getting rapped since i don't play with anybody , because good competition makes you better ,and without that you can never be good enough even if your tech skill is top notch

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I play on autopilot a lot, which is a huge no-no. Working on that, though.
My tech skill really falters when I get nervous (which happens a lot in tournament), and when I get frustrated I become simple minded and rush in trying to get a hit.
Sometimes I overthink when I play and end up not reacting quick enough.
Working on all of these.

Bill_the_Duck

Smash Cadet
I'm bad because I'm stupidly vulnerable on certain stages (Battlefield and Yoshi's mostly).
I'm bad because my techskill is not too great, and disappears entirely when I'm forced on the defensive.
I'm bad because I play too many characters (Falco Peach Ganon Doc Link) and I'm picking up more.

I think my current biggest flaw is being unable to deal with certain characters.
Fox, Jiggs and Shiek are my *****.
Marth and Falcon I can deal with.
Falco, ICs, Peach make it extremely tough on me, to the point where I lose to people I'm much better than.
But worst of all. SAMUS. I can't deal with this character except if I use Link, but I can't really beat anyone else with Link so then they switch too and I get ***** and...AGH.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
i cant deal with campy foxs, i miss autocombos sometimes, i dont play good marths/peachs/sheiks enough.

BEES

Smash Lord
There is some kind of basic concept about approaching that I cannot seem to grasp. I have only had maybe 2 dozen hours playing smash with other people in the past year to try to tackle this problem. Not enough time.

The other thing I have to deal with now is a psychological high-ground all of my opponents will have. If they have already played me, they have beaten me. Now if they play me again, they expect to win again, and it gives them the confidence to be more aggressive than they were before.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
I'm bad because I always leave myself open to get grabbed.
Because my defense so weak that I rarely find myself getting offensive opportunities.
Because I approach more than I should from being too eager/impatient.

DeadLastClown

Smash Apprentice
Because I am still getting down tech skill, and am not comfortable enough with it yet. It does't help that my Melee game was stolen either :s

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
My tech skill is horrible.

I'm not even technical for a Ganon player lol

That and I don't play nearly enough :<

SmashMac

Smash Lord
I'm not as consistent as I'd like to be. My tech skill is never 100%. This is probably from not playing the game nearly as much as I used to. Usually, when I practice, I have near perfect tech skill, but I could be a bit smarter and develop more mind-games in the future. Also, I need to work a bit more on my muscle memory. I should play more top players when I have the opportunity to, and try to make it to more OOS tournies, or at least more local ones. I should also play as many people as possible as that is probably the best way my muscle memory will increase.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
the problem i have with alot of fighting games.
consistent innovation and improvisation in match.
in a fast paced game like this its hard to work on tech skill without having to re validate yourself and your confidence in yourself in match.
during matches i fall into these little boxes of re validation it might be something as simple as landing a shiffl into waveshine or something so trivial to feel like your in control.
incidentally during those phases i lose focus on my overall game making me fall into predictable patterns and being punished.

also as i mentioned during that constant improvisation you can find movements, maneuvers that can change the tempo/momentum of a match.

its up to you to know which of those maneuvers are worth following up on and when to lay back and let the game come to you.

i think the better players are able to innovate and improv at such a rate that it allows them to dictate the tempo even when they are on the defensive.

its why i loved the mango era because yeah he adapted but he had the fortitude to improv and reshape the game within the course of a split second, in match.

and was ****ing hilarious while doing it.

the long and short of it is that i need to feel more and think less.

also haven't played the game in a long while, getting older so more priorities and lack competition and enough *** whoopings.

coming from

a novice

lmfao

MM Distortion

Smash Apprentice
i have really bad habits. i'll roll to much or just throw out random attacks hoping to hit my opponent. i feel like my biggest flaw is i don't put enough thought into what i am doing and how i should react to certain situations.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
I don't have anyone to practice with, few other things are me lacking a good reaction time, my main switching problem, and I lack good spacing.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
after going to another tournament i realised that under pressure i mess up auto comboes sometimes

Top Bottom