• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why aren't people fooling around with diddy in training mode

ADHD

Smash Hero
I found some stupid little 0 death footstool thing that I posted. I just found that after like 10 minutes of messing around with him. I also found a single naner grab combo, SH z throw down and z catch airdodge the naner after it bounces off their head,, DI towards their trip and throw it again, then Fsmash or grab or anything, AZ found a wall infinite... NL found dribbling (sort of) and the monkey kick flip cancel... Even if some of this stuff is barely useful, I still think theres a really good stuff that we don't know about. Nobody plays around with diddy in training mode, heck... everyone's busy advancing metaknight, but even if theres like 15 of us that are actually faithful to diddy I'm sure we can find some stuff. It's not boring at all either to mess around with this character and find some new options and make you think, but I'm getting bored of seeing the same old stuff. Nobody is helping one another or posting little tips other than AZ. We need to make diddy better and barely anyone knows how really good he is besides the people that play him competitively and know their ****.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I could pull off a cool combo once:

Jump and z drop the banana at your enemy, then dair them and you'll catch the banana again... I know it's nothing big but it looked so cool lol. Basically I feel like people should z drop bananas way more often. I love to do it and it's easy to hit people with.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlEF7bI9T4

Just go to the last 10 seconds if you want to see it. Sorry for the bad quality.

This wasn't in training mode though :p

Luigi player

Smash Master
but why Z drop it when you can just throw it down?... and it goes alot faster??
Because then you don't have the dthrow animation.

1. People might not see that you dropped the banana if you z drop it
2. you can move freely during a z drop and follow up with an aerial for example...
3. it looks cool

Shurk

Smash Cadet
I could pull off a cool combo once:

Jump and z drop the banana at your enemy, then dair them and you'll catch the banana again... I know it's nothing big but it looked so cool lol. Basically I feel like people should z drop bananas way more often. I love to do it and it's easy to hit people with.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlEF7bI9T4

Just go to the last 10 seconds if you want to see it. Sorry for the bad quality.

This wasn't in training mode though :p
I don't even d-throw naners anymore. ;) I think I just like the way it looks lol....That's probably not a good reason to do it.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Hmmm..

There's a technique for ZSS where she uses down b and if ends up above the opponent can then footstool pretty much instantly. Maybe Diddy can do this with side b.. and can down throw / z drop a banana afterward.

I think dtilt is a good mixup when you have an opponent in the setup for a BCC, since it has low knockback it knocks them right into the banana. Upwards angled ftilt might be ok at low % also..

As soon as I retrieve my Wii I'll look into stuff in training mode.

DUB

Smash Lord
Chrome, I think I've seen a video of aerial naner-locking on youtube before. I can't find it but I know I've seen it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Nanerz showed us videos of him doing what we now call double dribbling earlier than anyone else. Although he didn't really point it out specifically like NL did.

NL was the first to put a name to it and explore it further than Nanerz.
NL was the one to discover and develop single dribbling.

IDK

Smash Lord
how do you think i did my diddy techniques thread? lol... chrome... of course us good lil diddies mess around to try to find new stuff to improve everyone's game.

10trainingmodez

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
NinjaLink can claim to have beaten bigger names (Mew2King), but it would still be just about the match of the century if they did face each other in a ditto one day.

Yes, you heard correctly.

Deez.

Smash Lord
This is sad but true. sad because NL was the first Diddy to beat M2k Mk. *cough darn you NL cough* lol jk. but yeah Vyse is right NinjaLink can talk about the top players he beats but he doesn't. :p

ADHD

Smash Hero
Diddy dittos are easy, at least for me. I love how in dittos the other diddy always up b's and I don't throw anything at them, then they're helpless, you just got to stay stationary a bit and glide tossing is never that good in diddy dittos unless your opponent has no nanerz.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
You didn't find single naner locking. In fact I think it was you that criticized the person that did because it wouldn't be effective lol. I forget his name though

Back on topic.

I don't think Diddy's game will advance that much more. I mean we are gonna get better by not relying on bananas (not many more useful AT's I mean)

DUB

Smash Lord
He's backkk!!!!!!!!!

this has nothing to do with the discussion but, nanerz is a legend. Greatest Diddy Alive.

Thats interesting you say that yoshididdy. A lot of people I've talked brawl too think some banana technique will be found out that will move Diddy up the tier list.

I'm on the same page as you though, I think you can only do so much with them.

IDK

Smash Lord
he's always here... he's just never on. he's like S.O.L.I.D. ... wait...

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
can we stop discussing whos better? this is like the 4th thread that talks about it. Just stop.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I found some stupid little 0 death footstool thing that I posted. I just found that after like 10 minutes of messing around with him. I also found a single naner grab combo, SH z throw down and z catch airdodge the naner after it bounces off their head,, DI towards their trip and throw it again, then Fsmash or grab or anything, AZ found a wall infinite... NL found dribbling (sort of) and the monkey kick flip cancel... Even if some of this stuff is barely useful, I still think theres a really good stuff that we don't know about. Nobody plays around with diddy in training mode, heck... everyone's busy advancing metaknight, but even if theres like 15 of us that are actually faithful to diddy I'm sure we can find some stuff. It's not boring at all either to mess around with this character and find some new options and make you think, but I'm getting bored of seeing the same old stuff. Nobody is helping one another or posting little tips other than AZ. We need to make diddy better and barely anyone knows how really good he is besides the people that play him competitively and know their ****.
That is a great como but I'm not sure many people could pull if off. You're right though, if there are more people dedicated to finding more techniques with him, we'll find some great ones. Good idea.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I've found some incredibly useless stuff, but it's still a find and i already used it in a match LOL
airdodge + A with a banana in hand with the timing of a shield cancel grab, Diddy'll airdodge and the banana will be z-dropped at the same time. The only uses I can think of is to counter stuff like snake's utilt juggling and counterattack immediately. Maybe you guys may find another use lol

The other one, even more useless, was to roll toward the ledge, and do a backward down glide toss. The banana falls, and can gimp vertical recoverys. I've never tested it in actual matches though, hogging is 10 times faster LOL

Yeah, training mode ftw guys, i'm sure we will find something !

Top Bottom