• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl is Worse than Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this thread offensive to both me personally and the smash community at large. Who are you LINKaTINK, to criticize and make fun of members of this forum such as Yuna? You think it's funny, you do it "for the lulz," as someone so aptly put it, but in reality, you are nothing but a cancer to this board. I am, for the most part, a non-confrontational person, but I know for a fact that my Lucas could 4 stock your Young Link any day. How do I know this? Because rather than sit at my computer and make fun of people, I practice my smash skills, and when I am not practicing, I scour these boards for tips to improve my game. You make fun of local mall tournaments, but I did in fact win one against legitimate players, and it won me a free copy of Brawl, so who's laughing now? You satirize those that denounce the importance of wave dashing, but I was not able to wave dash in melee, yet I am a great Brawl player. Brawl requires skill, just a different type. Obviously you are to neanderthal to adapt to the new game and make yourself feel better about it by making fun of those of greater intelligence. I apologize for the length of my post, but your original statement has so many dumb statements, that I can't stand to let them go unrecognized. You call tripping ********, but it is just a thing Sakurai put in the game to separate people with skill (me) from beginners (you). If you're not good enough to be able comeback from a trip, then you are in no position to make any claims about this game. Your claims that Link is a bad character, that Snake is broken, that Jiggly Puff is not a Snake counter, and that footstool jumping is luck, are such blatant falsifications, that they don't dignify a response.

I dare you to play me in real life so you can find out just how pathetic you really are.

Artery_Clogger

Smash Apprentice
I find this thread offensive to both me personally and the smash community at large. Who are you LINKaTINK, to criticize and make fun of members of this forum such as Yuna? You think it's funny, you do it "for the lulz," as someone so aptly put it, but in reality, you are nothing but a cancer to this board. I am, for the most part, a non-confrontational person, but I know for a fact that my Lucas could 4 stock your Young Link any day. How do I know this? Because rather than sit at my computer and make fun of people, I practice my smash skills, and when I am not practicing, I scour these boards for tips to improve my game. You make fun of local mall tournaments, but I did in fact win one against legitimate players, and it won me a free copy of Brawl, so who's laughing now? You satirize those that denounce the importance of wave dashing, but I was not able to wave dash in melee, yet I am a great Brawl player. Brawl requires skill, just a different type. Obviously you are to neanderthal to adapt to the new game and make yourself feel better about it by making fun of those of greater intelligence. I apologize for the length of my post, but your original statement has so many dumb statements, that I can't stand to let them go unrecognized. You call tripping ********, but it is just a thing Sakurai put in the game to separate people with skill (me) from beginners (you). If you're not good enough to be able comeback from a trip, then you are in no position to make any claims about this game. Your claims that Link is a bad character, that Snake is broken, that Jiggly Puff is not a Snake counter, and that footstool jumping is luck, are such blatant falsifications, that they don't dignify a response.

I dare you to play me in real life so you can find out just how pathetic you really are.
I had to quote this post because it was humorous.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804

Lol at lack of sense of humour. I could point out so many things that make this funny though.

1. You complain about him sitting at the computer 'critisising people', while you're practising brawling. This is both critism and hypocracy, and this post was a hella lot longer than anything he's written...

Uhh, I'm not gonna continue, cos I've just realised that's probably a joke too.
But if not LOL

Geist

Smash Master
Hmm, finally a troll here that doesn't fail so hard.
Actually, this was pretty epic. Satirical and sarcastic, and some awesome tags too.

I like the tiers exist part. It made me smile inside.

But the Ken and Isai part =[
They've been off of the "best" list for quite some time, like bellbottom pants and one piece swimsuits.

acv

Smash Journeyman

dude young link isnt in brawl anymore.YOU FAIL!!!

CerpinTaxt

Smash Cadet
First off, I've played LINKaTINK before, and I 4 stocked him with snake! Quit life you introvert!! UP TILTS FTL!!!! lolz rofl???

But I do agree, this game is 'broken,' JK!!! Tripping is top tier and so is every character in the game. I love how much of a challenge it is to get back on stage when everyone's b-up is god.

The amount of playable stages is also amazing in this game. Every stage I play just gets better and better!!

This IS the real deal, I've played hundreds of online battles and have won every single one of them with UP-TILTS and AAAAAAAA combo. I hope everyone out there realizes the amount of dedication I have to this game. I practice for hours upon hours to get the right timing so my b-airs and up-tilts hit people that aren't even close to me.
~TMV

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yeah, we noticed a while ago, melee's better. I won't go back until everyone else does too, bc for now I will just play a game that OTHER people can play with me.

Anyone who denies brawl is better than melee, get over it please... All brawl has is fancy graphics, endo story.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Anyone who denies brawl is better than melee, get over it please...
I thought you said Melee was better? lol.

This thread is fantastic, we need some more of this humor spread around.

10stars

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
O MY GOD!!!! another idiotic thread about melee vs. brawl. what is this, like the 5th thread ive seen about this topic. we get it some people like melee better than brawl. shut up. stop talking about this! THIS is whats tearing the smash community apart.

Vaul

Smash Apprentice
First off, I've played LINKaTINK before, and I 4 stocked him with snake! Quit life you introvert!! UP TILTS FTL!!!! lolz rofl???

But I do agree, this game is 'broken,' JK!!! Tripping is top tier and so is every character in the game. I love how much of a challenge it is to get back on stage when everyone's b-up is god.

The amount of playable stages is also amazing in this game. Every stage I play just gets better and better!!

This IS the real deal, I've played hundreds of online battles and have won every single one of them with UP-TILTS and AAAAAAAA combo. I hope everyone out there realizes the amount of dedication I have to this game. I practice for hours upon hours to get the right timing so my b-airs and up-tilts hit people that aren't even close to me.
~TMV

omg...cerpin taxt? srysly? i've played CT and he mains OLIMAR, LUCAS and ZELDA. he just throws mutant eggplants at me and runs away and taunts with the ****ing hula-hoop taunt. ur not good CT, all you do is exploit glitches. you're 'play to win' attitude sickens me. and with lucas he just camps until he gets a smash ball and he's all like PEEEKAAAAYYYYYY STAAAAAAARRRSTOORRMMMMM!!! and its unpunishable! can u guys help me out? i need tips so i can get really competitive and beat him. (side note: he has two kids out of wedlock. actually not kidding).

O MY GOD!!!! another idiotic thread about melee vs. brawl. what is this, like the 5th thread ive seen about this topic. we get it some people like melee better than brawl. shut up. stop talking about this! THIS is whats tearing the smash community apart.
WHY CANT MOMMY AND DADDY JUST GET BACK TOGETHER?!!?! *SOB*

Recognize

Smash Journeyman

Quit reading there.

Mr. Rogu, we are not tearing the smash community apart, you are. You obviously don't realize the significance of this discussion. We can't just stop talking about it, we have to come to a decision. If people like LINKaTINK had his way, then everyone would go back to playing melee, which would be unacceptable. People argue that Brawl is worse, because it hasn't had time to develop the advanced tactics found in melee. Over time, through the efforts of innovators, like myself, Brawl will become a hundred times what melee was. I originally thought LINKaTINK was the most ignorant person on this board, but you haven proven me wrong. Learn to take a stance. And to everyone else, I did not respond for your amusement, I responded with a legitimate argument to the OP's statement.

Ban3

Smash Journeyman
is fighting for his friends at Sugar Land TEXAS
omg...cerpin taxt? srysly? i've played CT and he mains OLIMAR, LUCAS and ZELDA. he just throws mutant eggplants at me and runs away and taunts with the ****ing hula-hoop taunt. ur not good CT, all you do is exploit glitches. you're 'play to win' attitude sickens me. and with lucas he just camps until he gets a smash ball and he's all like PEEEKAAAAYYYYYY STAAAAAAARRRSTOORRMMMMM!!! and its unpunishable! can u guys help me out? i need tips so i can get really competitive and beat him. (side note: he has two kids out of wedlock. actually not kidding).
this is a joke thread take a chill pill 4 real :chuckle:

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Rogu, we are not tearing the smash community apart, you are. You obviously don't realize the significance of this discussion. We can't just stop talking about it, we have to come to a decision. If people like LINKaTINK had his way, then everyone would go back to playing melee, which would be unacceptable. People argue that Brawl is worse, because it hasn't had time to develop the advanced tactics found in melee. Over time, through the efforts of innovators, like myself, Brawl will become a hundred times what melee was. I originally thought LINKaTINK was the most ignorant person on this board, but you haven proven me wrong. Learn to take a stance. And to everyone else, I did not respond for your amusement, I responded with a legitimate argument to the OP's statement.
Quit reading there.. once again.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Yeah, we noticed a while ago, melee's better. I won't go back until everyone else does too, bc for now I will just play a game that OTHER people can play with me.

Anyone who denies brawl is better than melee, get over it please... All brawl has is fancy graphics, endo story.
Originally Posted by SubterranianHomesickAlien

So sad how some people cant read....

acv

Smash Journeyman
you people are taking the fun away from this thread.

read the OP before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom