• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl is Worse than Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
Mr. Rogu, we are not tearing the smash community apart, you are. You obviously don't realize the significance of this discussion. We can't just stop talking about it, we have to come to a decision. If people like LINKaTINK had his way, then everyone would go back to playing melee, which would be unacceptable. People argue that Brawl is worse, because it hasn't had time to develop the advanced tactics found in melee. Over time, through the efforts of innovators, like myself, Brawl will become a hundred times what melee was. I originally thought LINKaTINK was the most ignorant person on this board, but you haven proven me wrong. Learn to take a stance. And to everyone else, I did not respond for your amusement, I responded with a legitimate argument to the OP's statement.
qflulz
:laugh:

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Is this a satire of Smash Boards or a noob's attempt to start the biggest flame war this site has ever seen?

P.S. - Wavedashing is for noobs Snake and Metaknight are god tier Brawl is more balanced than melee Wavedashing is godly Snake and Metaknight are overrated Brawl has terrible balance compared to melee.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
Is this a satire of Smash Boards or a noob's attempt to start the biggest flame war this site has ever seen?

P.S. - Wavedashing is for noobs Snake and Metaknight are god tier Brawl is more balanced than melee Wavedashing is godly Snake and Metaknight are overrated Brawl has terrible balance compared to melee.
Hey. nobody asked for your comments.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
Mr. Rogu, we are not tearing the smash community apart, you are. You obviously don't realize the significance of this discussion. We can't just stop talking about it, we have to come to a decision. If people like LINKaTINK had his way, then everyone would go back to playing melee, which would be unacceptable. People argue that Brawl is worse, because it hasn't had time to develop the advanced tactics found in melee. Over time, through the efforts of innovators, like myself, Brawl will become a hundred times what melee was. I originally thought LINKaTINK was the most ignorant person on this board, but you haven proven me wrong. Learn to take a stance. And to everyone else, I did not respond for your amusement, I responded with a legitimate argument to the OP's statement.
dude its one thing 2 discuss this, but its gotten way out of hand. ive tried arguing it. but then i get ubber flamed by melee people who really have no good reasons for totally hating brawl.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Enjoy your ban. Your post has been reported.

Yuna doesnt like being picked on. :)

Yeah, the OP about sums up all the whining idiots, but I'd still throw the banhammer at him for wasting time with something like this, and proving nothing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
People, stop arguing! Just Bask in the glory this thread has given us. It is better than sliced bread. :)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
dude its one thing 2 discuss this, but its gotten way out of hand. ive tried arguing it. but then i get ubber flamed by melee people who really have no good reasons for totally hating brawl.
Melee people often complain because they explained their reasoning several times over and are tired of repeating themselves. Truth is, I never checked what their origonal arguements were beyond the OP's statements, but they claim they had good ones, and almost everything has been discussed several times over. That is what pro-meleers say.

keeperofthekeys

Smash Cadet
I find this thread offensive to both me personally and the smash community at large. Who are you LINKaTINK, to criticize and make fun of members of this forum such as Yuna? You think it's funny, you do it "for the lulz," as someone so aptly put it, but in reality, you are nothing but a cancer to this board. I am, for the most part, a non-confrontational person, but I know for a fact that my Lucas could 4 stock your Young Link any day. How do I know this? Because rather than sit at my computer and make fun of people, I practice my smash skills, and when I am not practicing, I scour these boards for tips to improve my game. You make fun of local mall tournaments, but I did in fact win one against legitimate players, and it won me a free copy of Brawl, so who's laughing now? You satirize those that denounce the importance of wave dashing, but I was not able to wave dash in melee, yet I am a great Brawl player. Brawl requires skill, just a different type. Obviously you are to neanderthal to adapt to the new game and make yourself feel better about it by making fun of those of greater intelligence. I apologize for the length of my post, but your original statement has so many dumb statements, that I can't stand to let them go unrecognized. You call tripping ********, but it is just a thing Sakurai put in the game to separate people with skill (me) from beginners (you). If you're not good enough to be able comeback from a trip, then you are in no position to make any claims about this game. Your claims that Link is a bad character, that Snake is broken, that Jiggly Puff is not a Snake counter, and that footstool jumping is luck, are such blatant falsifications, that they don't dignify a response.

I dare you to play me in real life so you can find out just how pathetic you really are.
back to 4chan with you

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Golly gee wilikers, why am I not surprized that this post is on the front page? :laugh: It's like he has a chip in his head that tells him when there's someone out there that isn't completely infatuated with him or afraid to disagree with him.

Still, this thread made me laugh simply because it sums up most of the whiny threads that has been posted in the past 3 months. Don't forget about the "OMG Ike/Pit/Falco/Sonic/Olimar/character that is not that hard to beat if you know what you're doing is sooooooo overpowered" threads. :psycho:

LINKaTINK

Smash Cadet
It is with this quote, that I, your OP respond to the hustle and bustle that has become this thread. Firstly, I'd like to thank all of those who continued the brawl vs melee civil war, thats exactly what i intended this thread to be about. Next a message to Yuna, a member of the smash community who probably supported Executive Order 9066, the 19th Amendment, and the addition of tripping into super smash. Yuna, you can not silence me and my following, we have no goals, no movement, but our message is clear: "are you a male or a female?"
The next address is to those who took this thread satirical comedy, thank you. In the midsts of this smash civil war it is us, those who do nothing but point and laugh who will reign supreme.
To keeperofthekeys, there is a code for pichu...go to sakurai's house, push him off the top, and scream "you must recover".
To "recognize", 99% of all 2008 join dates, and anybody who plays as snake...donate your Wii to needy children, pick up a book, and start catching up to the rest of us.
To "subterraneanhomesickalien"... nowz itz person@lz, my BC is 8675-309Ye-Aine, snake dittos, full items, hannenbow.

A concluding statement
It deeply saddens me that the once friendly Ken/Isai era smashboards has been replaced with this: http://www.poloniatoday.com/images/KIELCE2-2.jpg
I hope that sooner or later we can all learn to get along, or all the Yuna's in the world go back to setting world records in Tetris. My point here is this: if i am banned and this post is locked, sedition acts are next, and then snake will take over...and it will be bairs and ftilts till you cant even feed your families. As Plato once said "only the dead have seen the end of the war."...i'm not sure on how thats relevant, but its nonetheless bada$$. Spread the LinkATink philosophy (as subbterraneanhomesickalien and a few others have) all over the smashboards community...and together we can reform, unify, and make smashboards a land of peace and information.

PS Hot Video - http://youtube.com/watch?v=y9V_aFy36ok

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
What are you talking about? It wasn't remotely funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom