• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Cant You Beat M2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL at people in this thread who have no life. And people who are deeply emotionally involved with the game. No names.

I agree with Drephen 'Don't get grabbed'

MaNg0

Smash Hero
if he wants to do a skill-based sheik ditto, then sure

I don't care if he can't travel, honestly, I just don't like that Drephen goes into any random thread just to make fun of me, the same stuff Mango does. It's very disrespectful. That, and restarting the 99.9% completed match we had at FCD. Otherwise I would have no problem with him.

as you can see people

thats why me and drephen clearly

=D

i dont make fun of u

i just say get ***** i won pound 3

:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkSrnrJyYZc lol

Magus420

Smash Master
Well, getting the grabs needed to CG takes skill. It does reduce a match to much fewer hits needed to win than normal and is easier to win with some luck though. Perhaps a solution could be to do the anything goes best of 11 or do like 8-10 stock matches? Can't really say it doesn't take skill to get that many grabs, lol.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
Obviously you didn't read mine douche.
read it and i have to say what you wrote had nothing to do with what i wrote, you said if they dont tech and i get the raptor boost its not tech chasing at all. which had NOTHIN to do with what i wrote. i said raptor boost is better then grabbing in alot of ways cuz it can lead into a grab and more things. so yea im pretty sure you cant say anything now.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Well, getting the grabs needed to CG takes skill. It does reduce a match to much fewer hits needed to win than normal and is easier to win with some luck though. Perhaps a solution could be to do the anything goes best of 11 or do like 8-10 stock matches? Can't really say it doesn't take skill to get that many grabs, lol.
ur tek on that falco fsmash

is fuking ****

good ****

CaptHappyFace

Smash Apprentice
haha watever i have a bunch of stuff to say but ima keep it to myself cuz this is just the internet. if it was real life i have 1 g you wouldnt say that to me, and another g that says if you did i would whoop you. :laugh:

ehh kinda outta line but w/e
really? thats nice

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
jona needs to be banned... perma stfu'ed or something. just be humble especially if you aren't placing in smash.

i have 1 g that says if you are smaller than me and if i can beat you up, you'd lose that g.

-_-

you have no idea how you sound in this thread. really is annoying. you mentioned frame perfect raptor boosting... /thread. that about sums it up.
what m2k said didn't exactly defend your side.

Big_R

Smash Champion
wait also i coulda swore the set at vls was 2-0 one on ur fox one on ur marth m2k...
marth yoshi's L
fox stadium L

iirc

Big_R

Smash Champion
lol im just trying to let the truth ring free with as little joe liebrmans(johnz) as possible

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
down throw jab regrab is not legit, it is very escapable, you just have to DI into sheik and double jump, or DI away and he can't regrab you
I see, I didn't know that.
But was I correct about the ASDI having a CC:ing affect thing? I know it does have on jabs anyway, and other weak attacks that don't put you in a tumbling state (on low percents off course), and I thought it did on the raptor boost aswell.
Oh well I'll just test when I get home lol

ZoSo

Smash Champion
It's pretty obvious that M2k is somewhat of a pessimist. I don't think I have ever seen him post or let people know in a match that he lost saying "Yeah man I played all out and felt good but he just had a better match". There is always going to be a reason why you lost, and M2k just likes to find that reason and john about it when he loses (or wins lol).

I think most players that play him understand and don't mind this at all., it's just the way he is. I just wish he could take more pride in winning OR losing knowing that if he did actually lose it meant some incredible matches because he is the best player overall regardless.
Very well said.

This thread is amazing.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
jona needs to be banned... perma stfu'ed or something. just be humble especially if you aren't placing in smash.

i have 1 g that says if you are smaller than me and if i can beat you up, you'd lose that g.

-_-

you have no idea how you sound in this thread. really is annoying. you mentioned frame perfect raptor boosting... /thread. that about sums it up.
what m2k said didn't exactly defend your side.
=] get over it, its the freakin internet, everyones a jerk anyway. yea i know there isnt such a thing as frame perfect raptor bossting but you understood what i meant didnt you? following the person tech with the raptor boost as soon as they tech. which makes the term frame perfect kinda make sence. i know what im talkin about, im just not good with putting it into words unless i really think about it. but yea my bad to the people that are getting heated over w/e i wrote.

lol @ frame perfect raptor boosting.
yes it is a reason to lol

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I tested the raptor boost CCing/ASDI:ing down thing now, and ASDI:ing down will only cause you to bounce of the ground (unless you're at higher percentage, then you'll most likely be sent flying anyway).
But this still ruins your ability to combo off it, so grabs are stilll superior in certain intances.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
big r - it was basically the same, since they were both last hit matches and i was playing horrible, it really just came down to a bad controller. Johns or not, it is the truth.

it's like me trying to say I **** Azen in brawl because I beat him the last 3 times in a row in sets

but every match we have is EXTREMELY close, so that's obviously not true, we're basically even.

if my own sheik on an average day fought the me at VLS, my sheik would decimate the other me

Eggm, Cactuar, Scar, or anyone who actually knows me will back me up on this

Arcnatural - I just say what I think is true, I'm a very simple person in that regard, there's plenty of times I just got outplayed, but this instance is a horrible example and not legit at all the way I see it

Parker1006

Smash Journeyman
mew2king is better. thats why he's winning. deal with it. the better person will win tournaments. thats how melee (or any sport for that matter) works.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
...possibly the worst thread in SWF history?

M2K > everyone.

Sorry.

If you want to prove me wrong, then how about you win 99% of the high-level tourneys you attend?

Yeah, I didn't think so. :/

Drephen

Smash Master
lol m2k making controller johns again wtf man

because the matches were last hit and you had a "bad" controller and were playing "bad" doesnt mean that i beat you?

just because you make crappy johns doesnt change the fact that the last two times we have played i have beaten you

guess what? i lost my controller at FCD and had to use a random one in our match. Do you see me johning about losing? No. I lost fair and square and not gonna act like a 12 year old and make excuses

we all have bad tournaments but facts are facts

also chaingrabbing is a part of the game and we should use it to our full advantage. I dont like getting chaingrabbed either but its part of the game, isnt banned, and really isnt that big of a deal. Just ban FD if you dont like it, cant do it that much on any other stage.

or you can just not get grabbed, but that might be hard when i read you like "hello kitty island adventure"

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Wait. Wait. Wait....

There are Hello Kitty Island Adventure BOOKS??????????????????

Where can I get these?????????

While you make sense in just banning FD Drephen. What is the actual % that you can even DI out of the dthrow onto say Battlefield's platform? I always thought Sheik had a low trajectory on the Shiek ditto CG anyway.

Anyway, I don't actually care about the no cg or cg ditto. I'm more curious about where the extra Sheik gayness M2k has that you need CG to "beat gay with gay". It's a paradox!!!!! that statement still confuses me (mindgamez?!).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
"or you can just not get grabbed, but that might be hard when i read you like "hello kitty island adventure""

C!Z

Smash Lord
Anyway, I don't actually care about the no cg or cg ditto. I'm more curious about where the extra Sheik gayness M2k has that you need CG to "beat gay with gay". It's a paradox!!!!! that statement still confuses me (mindgamez?!).
I thought he meant that M2K himself was? So not sayin he has any gay moves.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
also chaingrabbing is a part of the game and we should use it to our full advantage. I dont like getting chaingrabbed either but its part of the game, isnt banned, and really isnt that big of a deal. Just ban FD if you dont like it, cant do it that much on any other stage.

or you can just not get grabbed, but that might be hard when i read you like "hello kitty island adventure"
sigged

10char

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
you can't land on platforms in sheik dittos until pretty high %, by which point it won't lessen the CG much at all. What I was saying is if you are confident in your skill I don't think you should use it. I guess we have different definitions of skill.

drephen if you wouldn't constantly talk **** about me for no reason I wouldn't even care but you do, for no good reason, even though I don't even talk to you. Also I really don't think you would beat me if I was playing good honestly, but you were trying to use that in an argument and I'm telling you why I think it's a bad point.

I think this all started a long time ago when you probably heard someone say I didn't think you were that good. What do you want me to say? I'm sorry? It's just my opinion. Someone else said you said I was a di ck, and I've heard you say(post) that yourself, but I'm not at all and I don't know why you would say that, I don't recall ever being a di ck to you at all, and if I was I'm sorry, but when you go around constantly making fun of me in every thread just to insult me or argue against me biasedly it's really rude and annoying, and it made me have a big dislike of you naturally. That and what you did at FCD. So please just stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom