• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Delays are the best thing that can happen.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
The game wouldn't probably even be delayed if they didn't add usless stuff like ^__^ PRETTY STICKERS AND TROPHY GAMES

seriously no one will care about that a month or two after brawl. People will get brawl to smash not to play mini games.

albinoguy11

Smash Cadet
I didnt mind TP it could have been more challenging but all video games are being made easier now. The wait was brutal but with japans release date so close I doubt brawl will be delayed for to much longer.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
The video is pretty lame. The kid thinks his hat and headphones make him look cool. This delay wasn't to make the game better, it's to finish what they couldn't in the time alotted.

Booshnig

Smash Cadet
His points might be valid if a week were anywhere near enough time to develop new content.
Hilarious video though.

I personally found TP very disappointing.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Snowchu is right. TP was very, very fun, and cool, but it did have a weird feeling about it.

Don't even mention Super Mario Galaxy. I was literally screaming "OH COME ON, THAT'S ALL?!?!"..... and my friend Anthony said that he heard that even GALAXY was planned for the GAMECUBE.

Not that either were bad games; they just left something to be desired.

Hopefully Brawl and Mario Kart Wii will end this, but I have a feeling that if I want to get out of this casual gamer ditch I'm gonna have to get an XBox or something. Who said I just had to have 1 console, anyway? I got a PSP over an XBox first because I felt like I didn't have room for another console.

The PSP is really fun, or at least, I think it is. :)

As far as delays go? I haven't experienced many, but from what I've felt, they can hurt a little, but it is usually worth the wait. We will be playing Brawl for years to come, even if it ends up being a piece of lard.

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
It does make sense delay a game means you get a better game, but Brawl has been finished so their should be no reason for more improvement. Off topic for a sec has anyone noticed the similarities between Brawl and Metal Gear Solid 4, both games are highly anticipated sequels, when ever their release date near a unforeseen problem rises and delays the game, and they both feature Solid Snake. Strange huh?

albinoguy11

Smash Cadet
Very strange, brawl could quite possibly be metal gear solid 4.
There doing all the delays so they can match the release dates so everyone will buy a copy of each game before they've realized whats happened.

That sounds pretty dumb but I'm posting it anyways.

Maybe there preparing extra copys of the game so its not sold out instantly and fans aren't left brawl less

Zek

Smash Ace
Given that the devs fell behind schedule and weren't able to finish everything they planned in time, it's good that they were willing to delay it instead of rushing it out the door. But that doesn't really make it a good thing that the game is running late.

luis92

Smash Cadet
that video was hella funny YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....Z!
and he did have a good point even if he was kinda weird....?

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
I find this thread funny.

What can you possibly do in a week to improve a game drastically? Trust me, Japan won't get a game with features that the US actually does have. I do know that can happen and has happened, but realistically, that won't be the case.

Delays are good if the game needs to be worked on. The February delay was good because Sakurai was worried he wouldn't be able to add certain features. Well, he got the time.

Delays are not good if they are placed sporatically with no reasons represented. "To make this game the best it can be" is a lame excuse on NOA's part because a week isn't enough. Nor is a month enough.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
the delay is saddening considering they cant add anything.....brawl gets released in japan in 2(or 3) weeks......not enough time to make anything...maybe a sticker
its either for marketing or the y hate us all

btw, thats the creator of smashtasm (look it up on youtube)....i'm suscribed to him so i'm sure thats who it is

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
Listen, if the game get more characters or is better in any way. I don't mind waiting a month. A year.... I would be mad... a month, isn't so bad.
A one week delay =/= new characters. I don't see how people could possibly think it would.

Sure, us Americans have to wait an extra month, but look at the bright side: we aren't in Europe. We actually have a release date set :laugh:

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand how some people aren't getting that the Japanese release date was pushed back for 1 WEEK. You just CAN'T add anything in that small of a time frame. I suppose that it would be possible to add snipits of extra things, but you can't add core elements to a game like characters so late.

This delay accomplishes nothing besides increasing the copies of Brawl available to the public come opening day. This doesn't affect the people who have already preordered the game already, which is most of us, I can safely assume? Another topic said that the reason NA's release of Brawl is so late is the fact that NoA needs to bring Brawl mainstream via commercials and magazine ads. WE already know that the game exists. WE don't need extra publicity satunts to draw us into the game. This delay doesn't, in any way, benefit us, as we are a SSBB 'hardcore' (I use the term loosely) community.

CO18

Smash Hero
They could delay it to the summer, as long as they're adding really good content. Especiall an online ranking system of sort.

AkA`Mr.Wigz

Smash Apprentice
I think that they are either fixing bugs or hyping the game more...the span of 7 days is too small too accomplish anything more...

supa*

Smash Cadet
Nintendo Delays...

I've always had the mindset that delays are always good for a game. Firstly, game developers (especially Nintendo) give the public a release date to please us, and it also acts as a double positive with the devs gaining the motivation to complete it by then. Last time I checked, motivation tools, no matter the sort, are good.

Secondly, we should be thankful that they even try to please us. Nintendo could very well label the release date "GO SUCK A LEMON", but instead they try to deliver. And if they can't deliver, they promise to try even harder to finish on a later date. I myself, as a non-crude member of the die-hard Nintendo cult, think they deserve all the time in the world, even if it disappoints me to see another date pass by as a lie. A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.

This is the way of the Nintendo... well, IMO anyways :p

Arteen

Smash Lord
Snowchu is right. TP was very, very fun, and cool, but it did have a weird feeling about it.
If I had to hazard a guess, it was because the presentation of the game was stuck a decade in the past. Dated sound effects, sequenced instead of orchestral music, no voice acting even with a sizable amount of dialogue, etc.

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Yea, remember that part in Twilight Princess, where you're snowboarding down the mountain?? that could be a whole other game in itself! But, I don't think this last delay as many have already pointed out, is going to add anything at all to the game of Brawl. That is unless they had a ton of translation errors, because the Japanese game has only a week of delay.

Oh, and frankly, that kid just bothers me.

Xpressions X

Smash Rookie
For the first/second delay ,depending on how you look at it, I could see adding features being the reason. But folks this is NOT I repeat NOT what is happening here, the game was only delayed a week in Japan and that just is not enough time to add anything else into the game. The NA release was delayed a month, but there really is no chance that we will get extra content and japan won't. So saying that this delay was a good thing is just not the case in this situation simiply because there are really no good excuses, at least no good excuses that will appeal to fans. The time of delay suggests that the delay has less to do with development and more to do with localization and production issues, and if that is the case that is a very poor reason to delay a game because Nintendo should have sorted these things out a long time ago so that this game would not get delayed for such reasons especially since it had been delayed already.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Yeah, except it's coming out in Japan this month, which means the game is finished and the final copies being churned out in factories. The delays result from
-Nintendo wanting to market more and get their preorder count up.
-Nintendo didn't make enough copies, so they're shifting their EU/US efforts towards Japan in order to make a bigger splash on release.

In no way will this make the game better for us, unless you enjoy a long, long wait and having your game spoiled by the inevitable flow of knowledge from Japan.

But it's okay, 'cause Nintendo is better off because of it, and we all luuuurv Nintendo right? I hate to sounding so bitter, but my fanboyism has come to a close. Nintendo changed the face of gaming. They continue to do so. But a lot of loyal fans are getting shafted and passing it off: You wouldn't be so complacent if Microsoft delayed your favorite game again. Nintendo should be held to the same standards as everyone else, despite their history, so that they don't decay and live on only between the thumbs of a few devout fanboys.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
It's to one-up Jupiter. You know, that guy that yelled at the Gamestop employee for having the wrong release date.
Lol that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the delay. In a way, I'm glad that this happened -because- of that punk. I knew this was coming anyway from a mile away. Stores just don't have changed release dates for a reason, especially when they all do it, and it's similar.

Arteen said:
If I had to hazard a guess, it was because the presentation of the game was stuck a decade in the past. Dated sound effects, sequenced instead of orchestral music, no voice acting even with a sizable amount of dialogue, etc.
I'm quite a retro gamer, and I loved a lot of the music and sound effects. Nothing beats the treasure chest opening music. :p

Maybe it was because it was supposed to be for the GameCube or something, I dunno, but I think we can all bet on that the Wii Zelda game in development right now is going to ****, invert, and reverse what TP did for us.

It's going to turn this world around 360 degrees!! :laugh:

I also forgot to add, yeah, they could label it as "GO SUCK A LEMON", but they'd just be pouring the juice into their eyes. I think it's Nintendo that relies on us to buy their games to make more money to make more games to continue to thrive and grow.
SUck a lemon means no more money. Without money, they die.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
They pushed back the game for advertisement issues. nothing more nothing less. get your noses out of nintendos and sakuraiss ***.
NOTHING can be changed at this point of release. why? Because they already made copies and are distributing them all over japan stores.

Top Bottom