• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose Meta Knight over others, and who did you main in Melee?

Robiin

Smash Cadet
Was it because of his fast attacks? Good recovery? Why did you choose to main (or second) Meta Knight?

And also, who did you main in Melee? I bet that you were a fast character, or one with a sword. Fox or marth?

I got this idea of a thread in the Diddy forum..

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
I originally started with Pit in this game. I think he's more badass than MK sometimes. But Meta Knight ended up molding hisself to my playstyle more. I indeed like his speed. The only thing I don't like is his lack of projectile. I'm quite comfortable with them, so I miss being able to use them.

I played Falco as a main in melee and bounced my second around most of the characters...I really liked Dr. Mario.

R0cket

Smash Apprentice
I just like Meta Knight as a charcter and wanted to main him since the E3 trailer in 2006.
I was a Dr. Mario mainer.

=P.

Smash Apprentice
Lol i mained a falco too seconded dk/marth and then like every1 else ion the game basically was my third

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice
I liked the fast sword action Meta Knight brings.

Lots of strategies can be formed around Meta Knight.

Luigi was the main in Melee, now he's second in Brawl.

Domebuddy

Smash Rookie
I just like metaknight cause i like how he played, Looking awesome is a plus though

I mained samus in melee, but shes changed so much, in brawl shes one of my least fav characters

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
I have been a big fan of the Kirby franchise since the first game I ever had was a Kirby game (Kirby's Dreamland)
Meta Knight is just cool in the games he show up in, so I wouldn't care if he is bad at killing - he is just too awesome.

Orpheus

Smash Cadet
I have always been a fan of speed and small characters. I learn how to use their strengths and taught myself new tactics every time I played.
In melee, I used Pichu and Young Link. In tournaments I was mocked and ridiculed but I prove them wrong but actually winning them ^.~
Sadly, I heard brawl was coming out and they took out my two favourite characters. I was very sad and tried to think of a character to use. I started to use Pit, he was 'okay'. Then Meta-knight felt so right with me =3 I don't care what anyone says. Meta-knight is tight! (Even though at brawl Tournament, everyone was booing me until I got 1st again)

Kaotical

Smash Ace
The Kirby franchise is my favorite Nintendo franchise. Played every Kirby game, and I love the Metaknight character. I told friends before, "I don't care how good or bad Metaknight is, when he finally appears in Smash Bros., that's gonna be my main." And now it's finally true.

I mained Ganondorf & Peach in Melee and Kirby in 64.

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

There, what is why I like the overall feel of MetaKnight. Until I played him, I could never properly imagine what a blade would sound like as it goes snicker-snack or how it could be vorpel. Now I can. :)

DrewbyDewby

Smash Apprentice
fast attacks and the sound of the sword, he swings it so quickly,
also i thought i could do cool things with his di, somewhat similar to jigz

AK42_METAKNIGHT

Smash Cadet
i played metaknight cuz i was one of the faithfuls that has supported his entry into brawl since melee and i have wanted him so long, i just swore i'd play as him cuz he's cool irrelevant of his ability. i mained marth, icies, and falco in melee

C.Y.

Smash Rookie
when i first heard he was coming to brawl, i said i was going to play him. i also thought he was awesome in kirby super star. :)

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman
I mained link/ dr. mario in melee.

I just liked his feel and combo ability. His Down-b is a huge attraction(similar to entertaining uses to marios cape). His Up Smash is literally Links(3 hit combo). His relatively good speed. I like his up-b spike(link's old up b spike anyone?)

TripleOG

Smash Rookie
I mained Dr. Mario in Melee. Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of Dr. Mario --> Meta Knight people? Coincidence?

I like Meta Knight because he allows you to be very clever, what with his air maneuverability and straight up teleportation. He sounds cool, he looks cool, he's just a lot of fun.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
I suppose I play MK because he actually has SOME combos, and I enjoy chasing people off the stage. Edgeguarding is really fun to me. I play Falco in Melee.

Kman25

Smash Ace
I main Metaknight cos I just knew I had to after I saw his entrance in that first Brawl trailer.

And I main Peach in Melee

Entropy

Smash Cadet
I mained Samus and Roy in Melee.

I just wanted a change, and I've always preferred playing small fast characters, it's just I didn't like the ones in Melee. I always go for the small, fast, manouverable characters in things like Mario Tennis and Mario Kart too :p

Delere

Smash Rookie
Mained Link in melee, although I'm still deciding between Oli and MK in Brawl.

Link isn't even top 10 for me in brawl :(

Fishin

Smash Rookie
He's fast, has great recovery, and I love the Kirby franchise. In addition, I can't play my main from melee (Marth) effectively at all now, so MK it is.

sathenzar

Smash Rookie
I used fox in the last game, I like meta knight b/c of his fast speed, good recovery, and the fact that once you start to get used to him he has a nice set of combos and his edge hogging ability is awesome.

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
I main Meta because I love f/bair, his combo ability is awesome, he has probably the best dash grab in the game, and his ability to rack up damage faster than most chars.

I do not find it hard to land a killing move with Meta, nair, dsmash, utilt, and dair are his best killers and kill at a lower percentage than every1 thinks.

I mained Sheik in Melee (her ftilt sux now)

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
I originally mained Falco in Brawl, then switched to Lucario, but during i believe 2nd period on March the 12th I decided that I would go home and learn a new character from scratch... And since Metaknight is the king of awesome, i picked him up and used him a little bit. I learned all of his KO moves and decided to fight my brother who mains D3 and Luigi. I got my *** kicked in and then I went to a BNGE's house to try my MK game against one of the best Samus smashers on the East Coast. I basically got crushed and then played for about 6 more hours until I could finally 1 stock him. And thats when I knew I would me maining MK.

I originally mained Jigglypuff in Melee... I fought Tru= in a game of Jiggly vs. Fox on FD 5 stock to test my jiggly... Well I 3 stocked him and those two deaths were from SDs soo yea thats how bad I was at Melee... I think he 5 stocked me with Mewtwo.. and thats when I never played Melee again... However, about 2 weeks before Brawl, I picked Falco up and started using him because Dair spiking people is just SOOO satisfying...

Terra-SB

Smash Rookie
i love Meta Knights speed and also the air combo's u can pull with him.

My Melee mains are Marthe and Falco because of there speed and air attacks.

P.S loved Falcos mid air down A move what happend with it SSBB?

qumu

Smash Rookie
Reason i main MK in brawl is that he's like... a serious kirby ^^

Mained Kirby and Young link in melee and 2nd Dr.Mario...

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
I just like MetaKnight's playing style and looks, as well as his Darth Vader-like voice and quotes.

Used Roy in Melee and 2nd Dr. Mario.

punk is dead

Smash Rookie
I mained Sheik in melee and play MK for many reasons: Uses a sword, Attacks fast, Great combo ability, and a radical character design.

ShinobiSli

Smash Apprentice
I like the look, as well as the pure speed of attacks, without being uncontrollable, like Melee Fox. Recovery owns too.

In Melee, I mained Samus and Marth with the occasional Sheik.

Brawl Samus makes me cry. *moment of Silence*

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
i mained a shiek and 2nd a marth, MK seems to have the speed and grace of the two combined, he lacks the power marth has but makes up for it in survivability

Brawler9477

Smash Apprentice
East coast of Canada, West Island of Montreal
I play alot of characters in this game but in Melee i mained Yoshi and Link
When i got brawl I tried the new Link and I didnt like him because it didnt fit my old play style.
Then i checked if Yoshi was still the same but i think he got quicker, but thats just me.
Then I looked at all the new characters and said i should try somebody new and just picked MK.

Top Bottom