• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people think FD should be a CP?

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
I keep hearing about YI Brawl having problems, but aside from the support ghost (which while random, is not game-breaking imo), what are the issues with it? Just curious...

On another note, I had an idea that seems to solve the "starter stage" vs "strike from the whole list" debate:

- In game one, have players strike down to a set number (probably 3, 5, or 7) of stages. Use that list for the entire set.

- Strike down to 1 of those stages, which will be used for game one.

- Counterpicking is then taken from the remainder of that individual list.

Or, of course, you could just strike from everything for game 1 and leave the whole thing open for the rest of the set... Either one seems to work, but correct me if I'm wrong...

Anyway, I personally would pur FD under CP for most matchups... It's really not that neutral at all...

NNID
Budget_Player
I keep hearing about YI Brawl having problems, but aside from the support ghost (which while random, is not game-breaking imo), what are the issues with it? Just curious...
It's the support ghost, and it is the single most game-breaking random element in even the most ridiculously legal stagelists such as Raziek's which is used in NS. No other hazard changes the course of the match quite as much. Although I heard it's non-random from ADHD (gogo namesearch, wanna give us info on that?)... If it's random, it really is far more brutal than the partial randomness on Norfair (again, the timing of the events is not random), the changes on Pictochat, or several others.

On another note, I had an idea that seems to solve the "starter stage" vs "strike from the whole list" debate:

- In game one, have players strike down to a set number (probably 3, 5, or 7) of stages. Use that list for the entire set.

- Strike down to 1 of those stages, which will be used for game one.

- Counterpicking is then taken from the remainder of that individual list.

Or, of course, you could just strike from everything for game 1 and leave the whole thing open for the rest of the set... Either one seems to work, but correct me if I'm wrong...

Anyway, I personally would pur FD under CP for most matchups... It's really not that neutral at all...
Still has the same issue as the rest-it takes too **** long. Again, the only reason not to strike from the whole legal stagelist (as it produces the most fair results) is due to time constraints.

Top Bottom