• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people usually practice against Fox CPUs (instead of other characters)?

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
The consensus seems to be to use CPU Foxes when practicing against CPUs (unless one is practicing character specific combos or such). I would assume this is because:

• They have the most useful DI patterns
• They aren't that bad by the standards of Melee CPUs (not like Kirby or Bowser for example)
• Fox does not have a projectile with hitstun that will interrupt you
• Fox is commonly played (so is more useful for practicing combos on fastfallers than say, Roy)

Are these assumptions correct? What character do you recommend practicing against and why (especially if it's Fox for a reason other than "that's what everyone else does")?

If I am mistaken for thinking that Fox is commonly the CPU practiced on then of course correct me on that.

Superspright

Smash Lord
As a Ganondorf player he's the shortest character I can SH uair on and hit. He's useful for practicing it, and also he's a common enemy.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
Because Fox is the best character in the game. But I'll changed it up sometimes and put in Falco, C.Falcon, Marth, or Roy. Sometimes Ganondorf.

Subrava

Smash Cadet
I play against CPU Fox/Falcos because they are so easy to combo. I'm not going to waste my time watching a Jigglypuff float back to the stage after every hit.

itsbme

Game on!
Slippi.gg
BME#828
I like going against CPU DK the most. I practice my up-air. :falconmelee:

SAUS

Smash Ace
I use falco more than fox just so I can practice my powershielding a little bit. I prefer not to play against CPUs though because they are aggravatingly stupid. SDI everything, survival DI everything, miss almost every tech, always stand up after missing the tech unless you are close - in which case, get-up attack. I think I'd rather play a CPU that literally pressed random buttons at random speeds and then kept the same, ****ty recovery strategy they use. You could at least avoid making stupid habits.

Top Bottom