• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you like Pokémon?

Why do you like Pokémon?

• Total voters

SolarChimecho

Smash Apprentice
I like Pokemon because of the games and the anime. I watch the pokemon anime usually for the battles/non filler episodes. DP is on pare with Kanto imo

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
The anime is ok but I lile pokemon fun story's and the game
I like the anime less and less
I know what u mean. It's not exciting anymore. The only exciting part recently was adding Paul as Ash's rival. Finally, someone you can actually hate on Pokemon! O_o

rhan

Smash Hero
I do not care much for the EV's or the IV's.
I'm still breeding my lucario's
it is so ****ing hard to get a female
I believe I have a female Lucario. Are you looking for a specific one? Or just one that is female?

I didnt realise until just now that this was like a thousand posts back... Thanks smashboards to taking me to the first unread post on this thread 2 pages back...

n!njaAttack!

Smash Rookie
I grew up on pokemon. First game was crystal first 7-8 years of my pokemon career I played Crystal until I got a DS. When I did I got pearl and I started playing that for a while just because I loved the storyline. I thought I could keep my fandom on storylines for ever. Boy was i wrong when I found out that there's really nothing else to do once you beat the game. To nerf these fears of moving on to a new favorite game. I was bored one day and started watching battles on youtube by mukubird(He's great you should totally watch him). I was a serebii regular (Shadowkami) but then left after a few years due to the power hungry moderators and the less than awesome community. But, despite my rough experiences at serebii, It was there that started delving much into the art of competitive battling. I loved the complexity. I loved how it took much more effort to be truly "skilled" than just raising your whole team with rare candies or beating the E4 over 9000 times. And then just saying you're the best because you have a team of level 100s. Competitive battling is what revived my dying spark, because the styles of some of the people I've battle are so diverse it gives me a challenge each and every time I turn my DS on.

And that is why I love pokemon. Now Sho me yo moves!

mzink*

Smash Ace
Hard to pick from that list as they all contribute to why I enjoy pokemon. But I guess if I HAD to choose....

BluePSI

Smash Champion
NNID
BluePSI
I liked pokemon due to the anime and the first film, I remember watching the anime with my older sister (who sadly, doesn't like pokemon anymore) every saturday and I belive I watched the film with my sister and cusions, though at the time I had no idea any games existed.
much later when a friend showed me melee, i saw that Pikachu was in it, so I of course played as him and found out that games existed.
muuuch later in 2008 I got my "first" pokemon game (techincaly my second if you count borrowing Pokemon XD: gale of darkness for a while) which was pokemon pearl, and I fell in love with it (but I still love gen one more :p)

mew1000

Smash Journeyman
For me it is the game's and now lucario but the show not any more
but the book's I sill read some fun pokemon story's
I will love pokemon for ever and no one will stop me from loveing it ^_^

Top Bottom