• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do YOU like Roy?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I thought we could use a thread like this to outset the many negatively based topics on Roy (un)popularity in FE-fandoms and Smash-fans across the globe, providing reasons on why he has such a loving fanbase beneath what is quite diminishing hate and rising popularity on use upon him getting semicloned to very favourable character. Basically what Palutena/Lucina-boards are doing.

This doesn't mean that playstyle praises aren't also welcome to show how just truly well-done he has been made in this game. I'm sure a lot might play him for that.

We could also archive our speeches from the social here for everyone to see in bigger scale. Anyways, let's go~

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
I like Roy because he just fits my play style. I've never cared for Roy in Melee and haven't played any Fire Emblem (yet). But this new Roy just feels incredible, like something that was just missing from Smash. Marth and Lucina were too light, Ike was too heavy, but Roy is just perfect.

EDIT: Also, for some reason I don't have a problem doing tilts with Roy. Even with tap to jump turned off, I've always had a problem of actually doing upsmashs instead of utilts, and doing fsmashes instead of ftilts. Roy just knows what I want to do and does it.

Last edited:

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
He introduced me to my favorite franchise of all time, though I feel that FE is turning into something more questionable but that's my opinion.

His game is also my favorite game in anything ever and I love the characters in that game.

So yeah, thanks to him I played FE7 when I was 5 years old. as he was my main and he was cool

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
I like Roy because I love sword fighters. Aside from Melee Marth, smash has had a history of bad sword fighters. Now it's Roy who's leading the pack.

I picked him up in Melee as a kid because I wanted another main alongside Link. Marth was too fast and too light, and I couldn't figure out the tipper mechanic. Roy just felt better and looked cooler. And he had the coolest crowd chant.

I used to practice my art by drawing pictures of Smash characters, and Roy was one of them. His outfit and his hairstyle were a lot of fun to draw.

I think I just really like him because he's the first swordsman I played as that relied only on his sword, as opposed to Link with his projectiles.

I could have just as easily been a Marth fan, but I wasn't, I was a Roy boy. Nothing has changed in the last 14 years.

Vanillascout

Smash Cadet
I liked him as a character in melee, but was left disappointed with his tier placement. Now he's back, and it's as if he wasn't in brawl and late to 4 because he was off training 24/7 ever since melee. Now he's damn fast, super strong, has all the combos and options, and his revenge on marth (for making him look like a weak clone in melee) is complete. Absolutely love it, I completely underestimated nintendo. I thought they'd just mostly port the low-tier roy over to 4, but it turns out they actually put in the effort to make him really damn good, and they even de-cloned his moveset (most swings are similar or the same patterns as marth's, but all the animations are unique).

No clue what he had going on in melee either (looked similar to marth's tiara, but way too large for his head), but he ditched that for a fancy headband as well.

I'm not familiar enough with the FE series to tell how well it would fit, but I'd love it if he'd have 'older' skin options as well; all kinds of battle hardened, armor all tattered and dented, bit of a beard going on, maybe some visible injury like a facial scar, and "The Lion of legend" or such on the punch-out scoreboard (his line is currently "The Young Lion").

Last edited:

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
In Fire Emblem I like Roy because he feels human and realistic due to his flaws, I prefer protagonists who have issues at the start but grow through their hardship and ordeals only to come out way stronger then they were at the start, I'm not really a huge fan of protagonists who start off seemingly unstoppable and stay that way it feels like they didn't really grow at all during the game.

In Smash I always usually use sword fighters, but most are either fast and weak or slow and strong but Roy has both power and speed and a mechanic that rewards you for being aggressive, for someone like me who likes playing aggressive Roy was just a perfect fit.

Having a Sword that can produce flames is pretty cool too.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I honestly didn't care for him at all, and I've never even played Sword of Seals.

Note the past tense: I got into him because my brother is a huge Roy fan, and after seeing how amazing he looks and how satisfying he feels in Smash 4, any doubts have been assuaged.

He's not a character I'll play a whole lot, but I'm damn glad he's here all the same. It's been too long, our boy man.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Ever since melee, I've always prefered roy over marth. Marth just seemed like a typical shonen/anime pretty boy, and his voice is jus bleh. Roy's iconic battle cries sound as if he's putting every ounce of strength into his attacks.

"EEEEEEEEYAAH!!!"
"SORYAH!!!"

I also really like the whole fire element thing he's got going on. What could be more badass than channeling fire into your sword's attacks? And his smash4 self is even better. He's fast, he's strong, he's got a good combo and grab game, can kill super early, and he plays to my preferred style of play; rushdown.

What's not to love about roy?

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Aggressive, combo-oriented playstyle and t3h ph1r3. Not much else to say.

Some say that I, as a ginger, connect with Roy on a spiritual level. It may be true. :yeahboi:

I also really like FE6&7, Eliwood, Lyn and Roy being my favorite lords.

Last edited:

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
I actually have a few reasons as to why I like Roy, but let me keep it kind of simple for now. I like fire. Roy uses fire in his attacks. Therefore, I instantly liked him when I played Melee for the first time some months ago. (Yes, I am a scrub don't judge me.) Red is also my favorite color. Roy has red hair. He just looks so cool with it. It also helps him stand out from the rest of Smash Bros.'s blue-haired lord cast, minus Robin. As I played Melee, he was more interesting than Marth the first time. In all honesty though, the first thing that appealed to me was his hair color, because I'm that much in love with red.

Now, I like Roy's play-style as well in Smash Bros. It fits my gaming style of run-and-gun your opponent. Doing this is seriously rewarding too. He also has a lot of combos in Smash 4 and moves with a fluidity in this game for me that I have yet to feel from any character on this cast besides maybe Sheik or Jigglypuff. And I don't thing those two are supposed to be used to rush down your opponent right off the bat.

Some personal reasons I like Roy just came recently, too. He has to lead the army in his father's stead in his own game, correct? He's forced to take the lead of many people at once and is very young. I feel like I'm in a position similar to this now, even though it is on a way smaller scale than the fate of a continent. Roy became so much more relatable at this time in my life and it made me like him more. His story also inspires me, because it makes me believe I can do anything I try hard enough to do.
The issue is, I have to get off of my lazy butt, stop playing video games and go do it.

On a side note, I have a character that uses fire in her attacks, and Roy reminded me of her the first time. So that was another reason. Okay, this ended up being longer than I thought it would. That's it, really. The reasons why I like Roy.

Last edited:

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Because he's mah boi

In all seriousness though, In Melee I loved Roy's moveset even though it was pretty much identical to Marth's. But, since I prefer Link's moveset in Melee he wasn't my main.

I thought we could use a thread like this to outset the many negatively based topics on Roy (un)popularity in FE-fandoms and Smash-fans across the globe, providing reasons on why he has such a loving fanbase beneath what is quite diminishing hate and rising popularity on use upon him getting semicloned to very favourable character. Basically what Palutena/Lucina-boards are doing.

This doesn't mean that playstyle praises aren't also welcome to show how just truly well-done he has been made in this game. I'm sure a lot might play him for that.

We could also archive our speeches from the social here for everyone to see in bigger scale. Anyways, let's go~
Back in 2010, freshman year of high school, I gave Pokemon Silver to a kid I felt bad for in a trade. I didn't know anything about the games he was gonna give me, but I looked into them regardless. Fire Emblem 7 (Eliwood's game) was extremely fun, I was expanding my variety on RPG's as much as I could around that time and actually did so poorly my first run that I scrapped my file at Ch23 or so. I started a whole new run, got gud, and beat the game. Eliwood in particular stood out to me since first booting up my buddy's file at Ch11 while I was still doing Lyn's mode. Seeing these cool, mysterious knights on a small mission to rout all these bandits caught my eye and I'll never forget that moment, and finally getting to that point was great. I fell in love with his character (being within noble cliches and tropes yet being an incredibly human character through clever use of humor, adversity, character development, and contrasting his personality with other different personalities) throughout the course of the game and his hardships and romance with Ninian in particular resonated strongly within me.

Online, I found out that it was a prequel to Roy's game. I was huge on coolROMs and emulation at the time, so I naturally picked up the rom, found a translation patch, and got to work. I absolutely loved Sealed Sword, everything about it from the music to the characters to its smart gameplay design in mechanics and maps to it being difficult yet rewarding skilled play and making smart tradeoffs stood out to me. Roy's character resonated well with me, remaining one of my favorite lords and characters to this day after completion of the series. He had some similarities to his father, but enough differences to not simply be Eliwood 2.0 or vice-versa. Few characters in the series have quotes quite as dynamic and hard-hitting as his in critical moments and support conversations, and I never saw him as weak like the GameFAQs bandwagon at the time, back when I was largely invested in their boards overall.

From 2010 to 2013 or so, I was a dedicated Marth main since I wanted to play the strongest swordsman on the roster, and I was overjoyed when I saw that he indeed was higher on the tiers than other swordsmen, but I would sometimes play as Roy for fun in friendlies or to experiment with his unique properties in events or harder difficulties in the story modes. Once I replayed FE6 for the third time in 2013, I felt dedicated to becoming a competent Roy in Melee, and his reveal in Project M was the greatest thing ever to me even if I ended up not really liking how PM handled him. I was already a Project M supporter since 2.1 and loved Ike and Fox, really technical yet strong characters. I actually didn't prefer Roy's playstyle over anyone else's until playing through FE6 a few times and deciding to make his playstyle fit around me in 2013, now he's a lot more solid than my long-abandoned Marth and I'm now looking to improve my Captain Falcon to Roy's level with 20GX technology and getting used to him more.

From the 2010 to 2015 range, I always supported Roy's return to Smash. I became vocal in 2014 and posted about 500 or so times total in the Roy for DLC support thread, with tons of time spent in the Facebook group, and I managed the royforsmash4 website while posting to tons of social media outlets. He might not be my #1 favorite FE character but he was always the most justifiable pick and I always wanted him in to give many people their mains back and make as many people as possible happy. Now that wish is granted and I'm finally free of this five year burden of being ridiculed for wanting a clone, a third Marth as of 2014, a second Roy, "the worst lord" even though I'd pick him statistically over a handful of lords and personality-wise over almost all lords, another swordsman, another FE rep, a character who is low-tier in Melee, a character that some are convinced nobody likes despite his huge fanbase and request amount, a bunch of lies about FE6 being a rehash of FE1 or otherwise bad, a bunch of lies about how smash inclusion, the ballot, etc. work, and tons of other things I countered with many hours of critical thinking and research. Before 2014 I wouldn't have been able to justify his return one bit, now I have everything in the book covered.

Roy will always be my boy, even after FE: Fates, SMT x FE, and anything else the series has in store. He helped me through hard times in high school by being a highly respectable, human character who I could look up to. He knew his weaknesses and where he needed help, which allowed him to surpass Eliwood, Hector, Lyndis, and even Hartmut himself to become the greatest hero of Elibe by standing up to Bern and dragonkind, and most importantly bringing peace to both in the end. He truly is one of the greatest heroes of the series, and I pity those who can't see that.

Last edited:

HiguraShiki

Smash Rookie
High dmg, combo oriented, ph1r3, looks badass, dat headband, good alternate colors, heavier weight, is my boy.

Fogs

Smash Cadet
I've never liked the fact that characters got cut from older games, so I've been rooting for Roy to come back simply because of that (never really cared much for him in melee)
When he was announced, though... the new design was the first thing that caught my eye, and his whole gameplay, satisfying moves and early kills really solidified how much I liked him. Sakurai really did a great job on his luigification.
(That only makes me want previously cut clone characters even more, haha.)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Because he's just another Fire Emblem character, I guess. Never played Melee nor that Fire Emblem game he's in.
I did grew fond of him when I have him as a DLC character in Awakening.

D

Deleted member

I was always a Marth person but decided to give Roy a try back in Melee and Project M. I liked him a lot alongside Marth and when I found out he was DLC in Smash 4 I was so thrilled. He plays so amazing, I think even better than the previous ones. I haven't played FE6 yet but I really want to. It was cool how he got luigified and that Sakurai made him more distinct from Marth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Almost 10 years ago, back when I first unlocked Roy in Melee, I instantly liked him the second I saw him. He had red, my favorite color, fire, my favorite element, and a sword, my favorite type of weapon. It was the perfect combination, and he was also a ton of fun to use. He would go on to become my best character next to Mr. Game & Watch.

Then, I eventually decided to look up more about him and the Fire Emblem series, and as I learned more of his character and the game he originates from, I grew to like him even more. I was really sad when he was cut from Brawl, and I silently hoped for his return all these years, until I discovered the Roy for DLC thread. They motivated me to break that silence and openly show my love and support for him, and eventually, he finally returned to us.
He's now my number 1 main alongside Shulk, and I'm absolutely loving him.

Roy will always have a special place in my heart, and he's one of my favorite video game characters of all time.

Last edited:

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
I like the new Roy's rockin moves and high power and speed aswell,plus the new design is epic. In my opinion it is better than the old roy desin from fire emblem binding blade. I like new Roy's abbility to deal massive damage and stil not be slow as dirt. The new Roy kinda leaves old Roy in the dust. New Roy is so much higher in the tiers than old Roy will ever be. Plus new Roy's comboy potential is mavelous. So yeah that is why roy is my main in sm4sh and because of his flames my co-main in melee. :3

D

Deleted member

-Voice actor is still here
-New attacks with PH1R3 is SO cool
-Easy to work with
-Better than Marth himself :troll:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I like Roy because I'm terrible at Marth. With Marth, you need spacing and I'm not good with spacing at all. With Roy, however, I can get all up close and personal and still be able to dish out some heavy blows because of how Roy's sweetspots are the opposites of Marth. Me and Roy just clicked and I've been maining since he came out... 3 days ago at the time of this comment.

Rikter

Smash Cadet
It's the first time I've felt like I actually enjoy a quick sword user in smash. I've also generally always liked Fire Emblem after being introduced to it via melee and FE7 but Marth or Roy never really clicked in Melee (Or anyone for that matter I was a punching bag). However once brawl came out and I played that I finally found a character that clicked for me in Ike who became a mainstay for me in my brawl days and eventually made me lean towards ganondorf in melee and PM so when smash 4 came out I started with those 2 but eventually found myself enjoying robin far more (Despite feeling awakening is taking the series in a direction I dislike). Then Roy came back and he felt right to play for the first time.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
My brother always used Marth in Melee, and heaven forbid I use a character that my brother mained. I liked sword users, though, and when I found Roy I decided I would get good enough as him to consistently beat my brother (which I did!). I'd switch between him and Mewtwo. I was bummed that he wasn't in Brawl and didn't make it into 4, but got super excited when they announced they were bringing him back to 4! I've been missing my two old mains, and now they're both back.

Hermitdude

Smash Cadet
I just think he's awesome, but if I'm going to get in deeper then it's probably because of these reasons

1. Two words. Fire. Sword.

2. I LOVE close combat characters

3. He just feels right when I play him

4. The battle crys he does are epic

mmkzer0

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0534-6178
1) I just love Fire Emblem (Those Games are awsome)
2) He (and Marth/Lucy) just fit in my style of playing the game - Long Range, Spacing, going in at chance, Gimping and powerfull Smashes

MaohX

Smash Rookie
Since I was really young (like 5), I've loved swords and swordfighting. I had this silver toy sword that I loved because it was so nice. I used to do lightsaber battles years ago at a campground and lots of kids in the park would join in, sometimes making it 20+ people. It was great.

Roy is the perfect character in the image I have. He's not a knight with extremely heavy armor, he can still run and he uses a sick sword. He looks really cool and I've always loved the Japanese language, although I have not learned it.

I was actually introduced to Fire Emblem because of Robin a little under a year ago before SSB4 came out. I kept trying to pick up Fire Emblem: Awakening, but I couldn't get it anywhere, until boxing day this past Christmas. It was the first Fire Emblem game I'd played, and it was amazing, and now I've played some others, such as the original GBA version, Sacred Stones, and Shadow Dragon on the DS. Fire Emblem is FULL of cool swordfighters and magic fighters, both of which I think are pretty sweet. Roy is one of those characters, and him and Robin are my favorite characters, although I have been unable to play any of the games Roy has appeared in as the protagonist.

He just really connects with the things I've liked for so long. Speedy and not too big? Check. Has a sword? Check. Isn't wearing heavy armor that looks stupid? Check. Has an awesome look? Check. Roy fits it all.

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Combo of a few reasons.

First off, I really like sword fighters, namely the FE guys. Pair that with that Marth is probably my favorite character, but just a bit underpowered, Roy presented something that fit what I wanted that little bit more (I still enjoy playing Marth).

The final icing is that I've just had a little bit more success with him than I expected to when I started with him this week. I thought I'd struggle to pick him up, but honestly, I might be out performing my main on him (and likely will switch to him as a main). I thoroughly enjoy playing him, he seems to fit my mentality a bit more.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
When I was a little boy playing Melee, my family discovered the lovely Marth and Roy and I was like "Wow... Roy is awesome." Look at that fire and the cooler stance and taunt! OooOOoOooo! Ever since then, I've been a Roy guy. I don't really play Fire Emblem because I suck at strategy games, but I always enjoyed many of the characters in those games, particularly Roy himself. I like Roy's personality, design, the Sword of Seals... Ooo yes.

Project M made me see the potential that Roy had for Smash 4 and I was not disappointed with the final results. Smash 4 Roy has his best design yet and he has some of my favorite sword motions because I always loved the whole reverse grip thing. His playstyle is as fun, fiery, and glorious as ever too based on what I've seen, but now he's actually the better FE character! That's just awesome.

Plus... The red hair makes me feel special because I also have red hair IRL. : D

Love live Roy.:4feroy:

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Back in the day my friend always played as Marth in Melee, so I decided to pick up Roy as a counterpart since he's the other FE character (I originally mained Pikachu). We had some awesome tag-teams and rivalries, but for some reason I stuck with Roy after all these years. Must be his gameplay I like, especially his sweetspots. And his character as well. Fire properties help as well.

Years after, I played FE6 and l got to know more about Roy's story (honestly, Roy got me interested in the FE series which is why FE6 was mt first FE game). He kinda has a underdog story. He was called up to lead an army, not because he wanted to, but because no one else could. Roy's father was too ill, Hector died (Roy took upon Hector's dying wish of leading the rest of the Lycian Alliance), Araphen got destroyed, Laus was just traitorous, Lord Orun (Hector's half-brother) got betrayed and assassinate, etc., etc... Roy seemed like the only one to fit the leadership role in Eliwood's eyes. In the beginning Roy doubted himself, but over the course of the game he gains trust in allies and faith in himself as a leader. He's aware of his own flaws, so it's nice to see a Lord self-aware like that. Even in the official FE6 artbook, it states that Roy isn't the strongest because he doesn't have a lot of combat experience. So I think Roy being "weak" (shown through his bases and growths) was done from a thematic standpoint. There's a lot of intentional stuff that goes on, in other words.

Roy's like a symbol of hope since he believes that humans and dragons can co-exist with each other. He's like that missing link in order for the two nations to live in harmony. He treats all people equally, and unlike Hartmut, Roy didn't pity Idenn and seal her away, but I think he genuinely showed compassion and helped Idenn recover her corrupted soul. Which no one did up until that point (I guess people were too afraid of Idenn or something... Roy x Idenn too stronk. But seriously all of Roy's potential wives are awesome). He may not have the best written story, but it's still something.

Oh yeah and his signature sword, is like cray cray lol. Love it's abilities like igniting and creating fire projectiles, and healing the user.

I really hope FE6 will get remade one day (or even a sequel), not only because it's a good chance to fix some gameplay flaws, but Roy would finally be properly introduced to the West. FE6 is such a hard and cool game at any rate, so it would be nice to see it remade with modern features or whatnot.

Anyway, since I love PM it was really cool to see Roy when he was revealed. Definitely helped with getting people on board with Roy I think. And of course since he's my Melee and PM main, I'm overjoyed to see him in Smash 4. That's one of my main reasons why I joined the forum years ago: to show my support for Roy. And he just feels so amazing in this game, so I'm going to stick with him until the very end yet again. <3 <3 <3

Last edited:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Honestly, the biggest thing for me is that he's a Fire Emblem character. FE is my favorite Nintendo franchise (Metroid being a close second!), and I adore most any representation that it gets.

I also love how Roy plays. He's very satisfying to use, and has quickly become one of my secondaries.

Last edited:

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
I always liked Roy's design and the design of the Sword of Seals, so I was instantly into the character in melee. I wasn't really aware of how weak he was back then, so I played him until later on when I picked up peach. I've since changed how I choose characters to picking characters that feel "right" when I play them. Roy feels that way in this game, so I've picked him back up again.

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
I never played Melee, and got into smash via Brawl pretty late. I liked Pit and Marth the most, and as I learned more I found out about Marth having a clone character in a previous game. I thought Roy looked awesome compared to Marth when I searched for him. I played Awakening and made Roy look alike avatars, got the Roy DLC and used him a ton. Then shortly after the 3ds smash release I found out about PM. I was psyched to see Roy was there, and I decided to main him alongside Pit. Hearing about the Roy/Ryu rumorsalso got me excited for him, but I thought he'd end up being a rushed clone similar to Lucina and never be as awesome as PM Roy.
This Sunday when I was gonna get back to sm4sh after a break, I was surprised to see an update had been downloaded and then I saw DLC for Roy. His new design is even better than before. Hands down the coolest(lol ph1r3) FE character in smash. I played him and he instantly felt great. I feel like I'm almost playing PM. Seeing the reveal trailer, the reverse-grip made me like him even more. His speed, power, range, sweetspots, and combo game just feels perfect for me. Now my boy is once again my main alongside (Dark)Pit.

TL;DR: My favorite FE character and Co-main from PM, with an awesome redesign and playstyle.

The_Devious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
The_devious97
Because I like marth's moves, ike's eruption, but don't like their weights. Roy is in between the weight of Marth and Ike and I prefer having the sweet spot at the base not the tip.

IrkenPPG

Smash Cadet
The reason I like Roy in Smash 4 is because he is awesome as a character, Marth and Lucina were nerfed, and Roy is actually good. Marth was my main in Melee, Brawl, and Project M, and Roy reminds me of Marth a lot so that's why I like him in smash 4.

WIM

Smash Rookie
NNID
YoungLionFE6
I honestly don't even know. I didn't even main him in Melee at first. I mained Young Link. I only picked up Roy near the release of Brawl (What horrible timing). He just clicked for me. Maybe it's because I beat event 50 and 51 with him that I became so attached to him (You have no idea how cool it felt to counter Master Hand and Crazy Hand and kill them). I like having a defensive option in my moveset, so his counter appealed to me. T3h ph1r3 was nice so that made me like him too. Oh, yeah his voice actor is Jun Fukuyama, who happens to voice the main character in my favorite anime of all time: Code Geass. I also played Fire Emblem 6 and liked him there even though I never finished it (I plan on replaying it though). He's supposed to be terrible in that game, but I must have gotten lucky because he never disappointed me in combat. That's my story, I guess.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
It's the chant. And the hair. And the ph1r3.

Some say that I, as a ginger, connect with Roy on a spiritual level. It may be true.
That's the only reason I started playing in Melee.... He was the first character I ever played. I was at my friend's house and I didn't really know who a lot of the characters were. Then I picked Roy because he had red hair like me.

Top Bottom