• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you like this game?

Ult

Smash Cadet
Well, unlike most people I like Brawl more than Melee. IDK why but I just have more fun in Brawl, it can be pretty competitive with skilled players and at the same time casuals can have a good time.

Also Brawl+ makes everything better :)

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Well I like Brawl because it's fun. Most of my friends play it so it's nice to play a variety of people.
However, I perfer Melee when it comes to competition, combos, and depth.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Enjoyed the other smash games, so might as well keep play Brawl. It's FUN!

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Brawl is fun for much the same reason the other two are: it's simple yet deep. Sure, it gets very technical at times, but that's its depth. At it's core, Smash is a simple game.

Plus, it helps that Brawl is more customizable than the others. If I want a fast paced Brawl, I go to Metal Brawl with a damage ratio of 1.6. And then there's Brawl+....

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
It's a lot of fun and there are more characters than Melee as well. The whole concept of Smash is what I really like. Great game.

UberMario

Smash Master
Complexity with simplicity, randomness, and quite a bit of strategy make for an awesome game.

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
Brawl is a cross-over with basically every single character of my favourite games, with fantastic music, and a good amount of fan service. Always felt like the perfect game to me.

concerning gameplay, it's simple yet effective and fun, with much more depth than the average game. I guess it is why I like it that much :)

Infinite Emerald

Smash Journeyman
It is so much fun for many reasons. Well mostly I like the stages, and music. But I also like it for the characters and how it can be really competitve for the pros. but it can be causual to. Oh that's not to say that you have to be a pro. to be competitive.

sammy p

Smash Lord
the fact that everyone else said. simple, deep, crazy, and i like it better myself than melee for the reason that its much more calmed and relaxed(pace-wise) and much biger and a lot more things to do.... just a better all around game if competitive spirits and casual gamers can all enjoy hte same game

Lustar

Smash Cadet
I like Super Smash Bros. Brawl because it's super fun with all the stages, characters, modes, action, reply ability, etc.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
its got more then the other smash games ever had in every way except dumb infinite combos... the overall "fun" factor has been higher for me then with SSB64 or melee

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I suppose I enjoy Brawl for a number of reasons. I enjoy the depth to the game, and the determination it takes to become good. I like working hard to win.

I like Brawl because its a great way to chill with friends. I like Brawl because it has an epic community. :) I like Brawl because its fun to play.

I...like....Brawl. :bee:

meery

Smash Cadet
I enjoy brawl because kirby doesn't suck in it. I also like that I can play with friends online.

Chuz

Smash Cadet
For casual play and relaxed matches. It's a very chill game that doesn't require you to be focused and tense the entire match. But when things get heated, the Melee is comes out, after a few friendlies to get used to it anyways lol.

Adler

Smash Apprentice
The many characters with few clones.
All the challenges/unlockables.
The FALCON PUUUUNCHES!!
The ability to knock out Solid Snake by farting on him.
The amazing community (the friends/arguements/debates).
It's the only game like it (A more violent Sumo-Wrestling).

But most of all:
"Samus took her clothes off."

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I have plenty of reasons to love the entire Smash Bros series besides the gameplay, but I'll just give you reason #2:

Almost every high-budget or AAA title released by Nintendo and their second parties is one of the greatest games ever. They have so many outstanding franchises and properties, and while Zelda and Metroid are my two favorite individual franchises, Super Smash Bros is my favorite crossover because it puts all the major Nintendo properties into one series of games.

WolfenMiatang

Smash Apprentice
Its very intense battles is what gets me into it. Well melee also does too ^ ^
But its also bacause I love the Nintendo characters. But in general I suck at fighting games XD

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It's the first game I haxed thoroughly. I prefer the last 2 games for serious stuff, but when it comes to nonsense, textures, and 1337 h4x, Brawl is king. I just wished Brawl had a debug menu though.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Brawl is pretty relaxed(compared to Melee) and there's a lot more in it....

For competition, I'd much rather do Melee...(which is why I need to start playing it again...:p)

Scott!

Smash Lord
Because I don't completely fail at it, and because it's fun to play. Sure, there are stupid things about it, but that rarely takes away from the fun for me.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Ok, I'll be the ONLY one to say this for its true reason.
Its because it has a bunch of Nintendo (and third party characters) beating the crap out of one another! =)

Tacel

Smash Lord
It unites Nintendo characters for battles. It's awesome that way.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
Maining a character and using them effectively is rewarding, online play, the learning curve and competitiveness.

I love Brawl because it combines many of my favourite Nintendo characters. Kirby series, Mario series, Pokemon series, Zelda series. Also, without Brawl, I may have never discovered the other Nintendo series such as Star Fox, Metroid, and even series that never truly came to fruition, such as Ice Climbers and Kid Icarus.
As soon as I realized that a game like this existed, I thus became an ardent fan of the Smash Bros.

Top Bottom