• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play diddy kong?

tocador

Smash Lord
The bananas, the peanuts, the game style, i dont know what is it but it all just feels so natural, so amazing, so friendly. Using diddy kong feels so natural and makes it that much more greatfull playing brawl.

Plus, i could be lucky, but i have never seen any diddy forcing a time out :p! I mean, diddy is a real fighter, a banana in hand and all your opponent can do is cry :p!

O man, and dont get me started into the combos! DA followups, nanez shenaningans, THE MONKEY FACE ****, and they way it all mix up together so well!

And really, the thing to me that makes diddy as hell as fun(besides nanas) is his d-tilt. I dont know why but this move just feel special lol ^^.

So diddy kongs all arround, why do you play this monkey ^^.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
He's the only character I can practice in training mode without getting bored.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well Snake was my main since the beginning of my smash career, but I really enjoyed playing everybody. I had a huge list of of people I considered making my secondary, including Diddy. Just watching a good Diddy play amazed me and I always loved playing as him. He was different from all the other characters. There's no other character with a play style like Diddy's.

He didn't end up as my secondary though, since I was still fairly new to the scene and things like glide tossing were still hard for me. Eventually, I settled on Pikachu as my secondary. He soon turned into a co-main with Snake, but he never really cut it in the end.

One day at a tourney, I got put up against a person that always beats me every time we play. I knew I couldn't win with Snake or Pikachu, so I picked Diddy. By now, I actually had experience and ATs weren't hard to learn at all. Glide tossing was like a single button press. I never took Diddy out in a tourney before, but I would always play him for kicks with my friends and did just fine. I was by no means a pro Diddy, but I at least knew what to do.

I did better against him than I ever had. Clearly, Diddy was one of my better characters.

Since then, I started using him seriously. I studied up on his tricks, learned all I could, and started pulling him out in tournies and serious friendlies.

He's still not my best character, since he really doesn't have much experience yet, and I still have a lot to learn. (Like how I can't really force approaches like I can with Snake. Hooraaaaaay getting timed out. >_>)

Now I co-main him with Snake, with Pikachu on the back-burner if I ever need him.

And Diddy is crazy fun.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Cuz I suck and he's a top tier so he makes up for that gap of skill between me and better players. :D

Broletariat

Smash Cadet
There's something indescribably satisfying about bananas. Their trips and combos, yeah, bananas sure are sweet.

Banana peels however, different ball game.

tocador

Smash Lord
Id say that most diddy mains are gay for liking to use someone just because you get to handle bananas. But nah, it could just be coincidence......

just kidding rofl

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
We've discussed this in the Social thread before... I took on the Dojo's challenge about Diddy having a playstyle that is so weird that you'd really have to get used to it to be good. After I saw Glide Tossing and all the other ATs for the first time, I never wanted to play another character again. He's just plain fun
and sooo good

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
He's the only character that makes Brawl bearable. Lol.

He's so ridiculously fun to play, you're constantly moving, adjusting and mixing it up. Diddy can play virtually any style depending on how you feel like playing. I just don't think anyone else in the cast can really compare, even if Diddy isn't the "best" character.

He always makes you want to improve too, I think. It's as if Diddy mains are constantly discovers new ATs and strategies that need to be implemented and tested out.

I picked him up after watching Royal Nynja use him 1-2 months after Brawl's release. Spikes all day...that's really the only reason I started playing Diddy; I thought that if I did then I would simply kill every character in the Brawl cast with DAir. Lol.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
I won a match with him on random and started using him. I never stopped because he's the only fun character to main in smash.

Mampam

Smash Ace
i used to draw him as a kid all the time, he was my fav nintendo char for years, dont have one anymore xD

he was the char i was most excited to use in brawl

any game hes in he'll always be a top 2 choice =D

Conti

Smash Ace
Cuz when brawl cameout I maind pit cuz I was a noob n he had arrows... the mk cuz I was a noob that saw a tier list... then diddy cuz I was noob goin to my 1st tourny evr n had to play adhd n ***** me at apex in pools n idk I saw what diddy can really do... then tryd em out n he was perfect... evrything felt right [and mk was so lamee]... oh n his dair vs snake ;) but anyways I like diddy cuz I have to actially think and like play smart... predicting n stuff... punishing... using his at's to my advabtage (instead using cux I know how to use it n use for no reason)... n he just has so much ability

jujuhdc

Smash Rookie
He's one of the many characters I play, but one of my favorites for some reasons:

-Very agile
-Bananas fall from nowhere behind diddy, and then he "throws" them without touching them, just look in slo-motion !
-LOL MONKEY FACE **** (GIMME A KISSIE, GIMME A KISSIE)
-Bananas make people trip
-He's got PISTOL made of WOOD that shoot PEANUTS
-Bananas make people mad

Saltix

Smash Lord
Diddy keeps the game fun for me. When I first heard about him in this game, I knew I wanted to play him, but I went down the list for a while. I was garbage with Diddy when I first played him, but after a watching some videos (of Pa0ol?), I gave him another try.

I love antagonizing people with Bananas, and when I'm double banana locking people I love making them feel helpless. I feel like I can play the game at MY pace when I play Diddy, which was my problem in melee. I feel in control when I'm playing Diddy Kong.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
The thing that actually made me main diddy was Vysegrips combo video....its still my favorite diddy combo video...and everything else was history.

Sooo THANK YOU VYSE!!! for showing me this super awesome character i probably never would have played before

Shurk

Smash Cadet
Well, a few days after Brawl came out I went through the "faster" characters as it's just relative to my playstyle. Immediately fell in love with him. Actually played for a few months without even acknowledging bananas or peanuts let alone glide tossing, just pure hand-to-hand monkey style.

Never looked back.

DK SPEED DK

Smash Apprentice
When i was young and i played donkey kong country 1 with my brother i had to be diddy.

so i guess i grew up with him and his meta game is fun.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I went through a lot of characters and got bored with most of them when looking for a secondary, diddy continues to be fun.

Moosy

Smash Rookie
Well because I thought he seemed cool so I tried him out. I liked him enough to do some research on him and saw some Ninjalink videos, and lets just say the rest was history.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
cause now i can taunt my opponents by taking a bite from a banana whenever i take a stock of him :D
and because my friend gets mad when i hit him with banana to fsmash 3 times in a row XD for a good 60 or so percent

KingJacob

Smash Apprentice
I do not main him but he is my secondary because Donkey Kong Country 2 is one of my favorite games ever, and in this game his bananas allow me to play really aggressively while my opponent is trying to avoid the bananas.

Skam

Smash Rookie
Whats not to love about a little monkey wearing a sweet *** hat that just destroys other characters with fruit?

Skweege

Smash Cadet
I play didy becuase he is a monkey wearing a hat that has the ability to conjure bananas when he desires. Dont be alarmed... but he may be the pet of jesus.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Was using him as a secondary since the beginning when I mained Mario then eventually liked him best in the game. He's too fun and ill for words.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
bcuz i saw adhd wining and i want win too so i maind diddy kongs

Variable

Smash Ace
I've just recently been getting into Diddy.. He's quick, and his possibilites are endless. I find myself playing better with him lately, so I think I'll main him for a while.. Plus he doesn't have any bad match-ups. All around good character.

Top Bottom