• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does everyone say M2k is the best player in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
I mean, it's not like he has fought every top player from other countries in the world, has he? USA isn't the whole world last time I checked.

Even when Brood's Olimar beat M2k, there are still people saying that M2k is still the best player in the world, even after him LOSING. I don't get this. Nope, not at all.

From what I heard, Brood usually never places top 3 in Japanese tournaments, and that he's not even the best Olimar in Japan (some Niento guy is).

Why are Americans so biased towards there own?

mew2king said:
going to Japan next year

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I mean, it's not like he has fought every top player from other countries in the world, has he? USA isn't the whole world last time I checked.

Even when Brood's Olimar beat M2k, there are still people saying that M2k is still the best player in the world, even after him LOSING. I don't get this. Nope, not at all.

From what I heard, Brood usually never places top 3 in Japanese tournaments, and that he's not even the best Olimar in Japan (some Niento guy is).

Why are Americans so biased towards there own?
It's about consistency. 1 or a few results isn't going to ruin something like that. M2K is the highest placing consistent player in the world.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I dont understand why you even have to ask such questions. It is common knowledge that we Americans are generally pompous *******

Also, when there are few international tournies, a country will assume that their best player is the best.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Brood may have his money.

But there is one thing Mew2King always keeps!

HIS PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
M2K will get over the Oli matchup just like how he got over the Diddy matchup.

The robot adapts.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
im not even bad against olimar, i **** logic/rich and ive beaten them with ike before. I'm fine @ the MU, he was just on another level.
Hey, guess what.

Your on another level!!!!!

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't take any of this seriously. I'm just posting cause I have never seen you post on the boards. So yea......

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yeah it's illegal to play for money in Japan.

Take people with you and do crews!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
What are you all talking about i'm the best player in the world.

I can 3 stock level 9's.
get at me.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
If I could delete posts, I would remove this one.

I'll just wish gl to M2K on his mission to dominate the world in smash.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Only thing I have to say is Jason you tried to shuttle loop Brood on edgeguards way too much. You would have won comfortably IMO if you had just baited dodge with uair then daired him off stage like you normally do. It really only takes one dair or weak nair and Oli's dead, shuttle loop was way too easy to see coming, especially with how often you were using it in that situation.

ADHD

Smash Hero
He's the MOST consistent player in the world, and after his records I don't think it's refutable.

Brood does typical olimar stuff, I don't know why people lost to him.

iRJi

Smash Champion
He's the MOST consistent player in the world, and after his records I don't think it's refutable.

It's more complicated then that lol. He is undeniably good. He is not the typical olimar, he really is better then that.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Idk I'll make something happen

then don't play for money though, just pride

bUT REVENGE CALLS UPON ME SO I WILL GO
Don't attempt a time out, the have this air time rule where the person who spent more time in the air loses if the timer runs out

In the defense of other regions, Europe has many internationals (even though a county in Europe is pretty much a state in the US but still its technically an international :p). Gluttony (as far as I know) always wins, and therefore he may have a better 1st place win record compared to M2K. It is also backed up by the fact that he beat Ally.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
if you can get some other american players to make the journey with you, and do some teams, or crews that would be cool. something like what bach did for ken and isai when they went.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

Ehhhhhh...there's more to it than that. Wait until you play him yourself before you claim anything bro.

Judo777

Smash Master
Because M2K totally is the best player in the world...............

He doesn't know like more than 10% of the MU's in the game and he still beats everyone just by out talenting them.

He obviously didn't know anything about how to fight olimar and he still came really close even after having to cp not RC and picking one of olis best stages.

And DEHF who is also freaking amazing was just on top of his game that day. DEHF didn't even appear to know the MU until he figured out that falco's jab ***** olimar unless those jab flurries were on accident.

M2K, MK's dtilt is like a jab and olimar can't do anything about when ur in his face. Also more non shuttle loop gimping attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom