• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why dont u use items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igoos

Smash Cadet
I don't know the others but when I train, I train aiming for tourneys, therefore, without the items. When I play with my friends, the items are always on.

If you're asking why they don't allow items in tournaments, well, this is pretty obvious. In a tournament, all that should matter for someone win or not, is his skills. Items add the factor "luck", where someone could defeat any opponent if he is lucky enough.

Life

Smash Hero
hippo (even though I'm pretty sure you're trolling and/or have been hacked, based on postcount):

Yeah, we're scared of Bob-ombs dropping in front of our smash attacks and killing us even though we were about to win. Which happens more often than one might think. Thus, we turn off all items because we're scared of Bob-ombs.

(read: I think Food is a good idea, but many items are just moronic to turn on)

Abel1994

Smash Lord
After playing items 100% to not playing at all and then trying items again all I have to say is.... THE HEART AND TOMATO ARE CHEAP AS HELL!

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I only use items in fun matches with friends. When it comes to tournament matches then I never use items because as already mentioned above items can totally change the outcome based on luck. Bombombs and Smashballs suck.

Items are fun, but only during funtime/casual play with others. My friends and I sometimes just have item fights for the heck of it where one person stands off to one side of the stage and the other off to the other side. Nobody can cross the middle or hit each other with attacks. All we can do is throw items onto each other's side of the stage for KO's. Ironically however some items during this are banned such as the health items and Smashballs.

It's creative games like this that make items in Brawl fun, but that's about it from my perspective.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I think they are just generally unfair to use, at least in a serious match. I'd rather not get final smashed by C.Falcon with hardly any chance to survive if he hits me. Hammers also fall into this category unless you can get them trapped somewhere, but on a stage like FD, that won't happen unless you just hold the ledge for the duration.

They are fun to use if you are just playing a fun match, but they are an annoyance if I am actually trying to win.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Coz me and the people I play with practice to go to tournaments(where there are no items). Plus I just don't think they are fun.

M!nt

Smash Champion
items can be fun every once and a while for friendly matches. To competitive ones though they don't display full skill, just luck in what item spawns near you and what item you get.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
wait....hippochinfat!! .....you're back?

I thought you got banned in the early Brawl days for insane amounts of trolling and stupidity..

(or maybe I'm confusing you with someone else...)

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
There are about 52 reasons, each being more random and pointless than the last. I used to play 100% items, but then I randomly stopped and realized that no items is much more fun/skill based

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Annoying and cheap.
And broken...but mainly because I'm really good at duds and various explosives spawning in the middle of my attacks and I get KOed because of it. Happens way too much. Plus that is my main reason why I. Always used the golden hammer for clear 100 man brawl with all character...yeah F that challenge with explosives spawning near me everytime.

FIREL

Smash Ace
I don't know how many times a Blast Box spawned directly in front of me while I was using a fire ball. I also don't mind hammers being used, but anything else, or everything else is annoying.

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
Well ...

you cant turn off stickers
the fan can infinite lock
the spicy curry can infinite
The laser gun can infinte
the homerun bat does more damage as a projectile than as a bat
Soccer balls are almost always instant kills
Nearly every weapon is better as a projectile

..and the list goes on

Note that I play brawl casually, often with 4 people