• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Ganondorf doesn't have his sword - trufacts version.

:034:

Smash Hero
Now, this might not be a useful thread to most, but I thought this was interesting. I saw this on TvTropes, which is a fairly useful and reliable site most of the time.

TvTropes said:
However, originally Ganondorf was going to be an unplayable boss who would be fought in a fashion similar to the final battle in Twilight Princess, but this was scrapped because people wanted him to be playable. This is why he still uses Captain Falcon's moveset and still has his sword but doesn't use it.
This actually seems like a legit explanation to me. Not 100% true fact, of course (since TvTropes is still an editable site and there's no source whatsoever).

Oh, for those interested in TvTropes, here's a link: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage Arguably one of the best sites on the internarb, I've spent hours, nay, days just senselessly looking up tropes... And at the same time, introducing me to new series and improving my writing at the same time.

Oh, don't make this into a thread about "Ewww, Ganondorf should've had his sword", I honestly don't care. Most of the people would've played him regardless.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Ewww, Ganondorf should've had his sword.

Sorry, I just had to do it.

But this is a lie. Sakurai was just too lazy to change him.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Lol. Your sig made me laugh a little, Dutchman.
Is that Bush?
Seems like he was a good dodgeball-player, back in the days..

Smash Hero
Lol. Your sig made me laugh a little, Dutchman.
Is that Bush?
Seems like he was a good dodgeball-player, back in the days..
The infamous shoe-throw, yep. I wanted to use one of the various remakes, but nothing beats the original.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hey, these aren't trufacts. TvTropes has just as much unverifiability as the next wiki.

How could they possibly have implemented a TP-like battle? The fight system is the Smash system... you can't change that.
So I reject these rumours as LIES.

Anyway, your sig is too distracting, Dutchman. That's a rather emotionally charged moment. I mean, a guy threw his shoe at Bush. And called him a dog.

Those are *heavy* insults, man. I can't help thinking about it when I watch.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Idk, you have to unlock Ganon so people would see Ike's moveset first. (Nintendo got ******** with who got unlocked and who didn't)

And you know a bunch of smash newbies who started with Brawl wouldn't know better to say Ike is a ganon clone.

Smash Hero
Anyway, your sig is too distracting, Dutchman. That's a rather emotionally charged moment. I mean, a guy threw his shoe at Bush. And called him a dog.

Those are *heavy* insults, man. I can't help thinking about it when I watch.
"Emotionally charged", as in, "Holy crap that was awesome!"?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
"Emotionally charged", as in, "Holy crap that was awesome!"?
No, I mean emotionally charged as in

that guy in the audience hated President George W. Bush the younger so much, that he made a physical attack on him, with a shoe, in a place where he couldn't possibly have expected not to have been subdued - and receive more than a little retaliation (you can see the kicks just keep coming in the full video).

EDIT: It's one kind of thing to fight against something you reject. It's another to make an essentially suicidal gesture of revulsion towards a thing when the pitiful power you possess is clearly only enough to make a sound.

Perhaps I should have just added "I am being serious" to the other post.

*~*~*~
I said it elsewhere, but Ganon's sword taunt is almost the best thing about him. It's saying he doesn't need a sword. I mean it was like he didn't even need it to fight Link, the way he was holding it and talking about it at the end of TP. Like it's beneath him.

He's holding it up saying this power is mine, but I'll crush you with my fists all the same.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Screw the sword; the only thing I want to change about Ganon's moveset is make B a projectile.

And FD, I'm pissed at that Iraqi reporter. Not because he threw his shoes at Bush, but because he MISSED both times. I hate watching Bush doing that ******** chimp smile after he dodges the first one.

Regardless, I fully approve of the sig and thank you for using it.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
If Ganondorf had a sword, there wouldn't be Ike. He wouldn't be needed.

I always thought they should've made a toggle button to sheath/unsheath his sword using his taunt.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
It's obvious that Dubya plays Brawl (or at least Melee during his term of office). He just spotdodged an annoying projectile in real life.

I said it elsewhere, but Ganon's sword taunt is almost the best thing about him. It's saying he doesn't need a sword. I mean it was like he didn't even need it to fight Link, the way he was holding it and talking about it at the end of TP. Like it's beneath him.

He's holding it up saying this power is mine, but I'll crush you with my fists all the same.
I agree with this. Ganon's much more bad-*** by not using that sword as a crutch to kill people.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I disagree with people saying Ike and Ganondorf would be clones or that there would be no need for Ike. Ganondorf's sword play in the Zelda games with him using a sword aren't near close to being like Ike's. As for using a sword, I thought it'd be pretty cool if his taunt with the sword had him bring it out to switch up his attacks and vise versa.

Freethought

Smash Rookie
I think the assumption that G'Dorf feels that the sword is beneath his use is accurate. If you've played and beaten LoZ:TP, you'd know what I mean. Ganondorf fights so arrogantly, in a very vulnerable fashion. If you play and think about it, you start to get the feeling that his arrogance made him lose, rather than Link.

Smash Hero
Fools, this thread is now about my really awesome sig. >_> EDIT: Foolish fools born in a country of foolishly foolish foolishness.

Kholdy

Smash Cadet
Disregarding the fact that you have no sig, I'd say it's fairly awesome.

ShinigamiMarth

Smash Cadet
I think the assumption that G'Dorf feels that the sword is beneath his use is accurate. If you've played and beaten LoZ:TP, you'd know what I mean. Ganondorf fights so arrogantly, in a very vulnerable fashion. If you play and think about it, you start to get the feeling that his arrogance made him lose, rather than Link.

::nods in agreement:: I got that same feeling... and he hadn't lost that arrogance, either, when he tried using the two-sword method in WW (and got his rear handed to him by a tiny cat-eyed freak dressed like his nemesis).

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
At those who say he would be like Ike.

If so, there wouldnt be Lucas, Tink, Ganondorf (CF Clone) and Charizard (Bowser Clone xD)

Nintendo could let Ganons B-Moves like they are and just change some smashes and tilts.

my opinion, I hope it's understandable o_O (I rly had problems with the sentences xD [english =/= my language])

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I'm always amazed at how well non-native English speakers learn the language. Americans are completely ******** at learning other languages and everyone else in the world, especially Europeans, learn languages like breathing.

Kudos to strip, zigma, extremely smiley master and my other foreign buds I haven't mentioned.

Back on topic of the sword thing, personally, I think swords are nerdy and lame.
There's a personal satisfaction you get when you crush a skull with your own two hands.
Call me old-fashioned, but I'm glad Ganon doesn't use a sword. Those are for fruits like Marth and meat knight who like to be homo and play with Gundams.

NatP

Smash Ace
If Ganon had a sword, he'd lose that amazing Fsmash, and that can't happen. Besides, Ganon is so smexy already, amirite?

Zarez

Smash Cadet
Although, he probably should've had the sword in the first place, I have a hard time seeing him having the sword and using it the way he does in Twilight Princess without being broken, awkward, or somewhat like Ike (maybe less lag before attacks, more lag after, however it would work, maybe add some magic).

Ganondorf needs to have his power, but he was pretty quick with his sword and it added a lot of reach. If the developers had spent more time one him, they probably could've figured something out.

Whatever the reason, I still like him the way he is, and the sword taunt is a nice touch.

Top Bottom