• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I don't edgehog Falco:

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Falco's illusion is a meteor smash, and if it catches me off guard and I don't roll in time, I might meteor cancel, but even if I do, there's a strong possibility of a spike heading my way if I don't perfectly sweetspot.

Needle gimp master race.

SAUS

Smash Ace
Who cares if you lose 50 friendlies in a row to this? If you learn how to do it, you will up your game. Playing to up your chances of winning friendlies is a waste if you miss the chance to learn. Why play scared in a friendly?

Zhea

Smash Ace
That certainly a line of thinking. If you never risk your stock like that you will never lose it to something stupid. However you limit your growth a lot by doing that. Some of the most age defining players in smash made such an impact because they were so aggressive. At least for the sake of friendlies, I would just try it. They are called friendlies for a reason.

IndianapolisCentralGaming

Banned via Warnings
on the positive side, who You're playing against must suck fairly hard if they think it's a good idea to try and sweetspot when someone is holding edge.

also most metour smashes be easy to jump out of unless You're like bowser/dk/sopo then we have a problem if You used tha 2nd jump.

Massive

Smash Champion
How hard is it to hit 'R' when you anticipate the illusion ding?

If you're playing sheik you can also regrab the ledge in invincibility frames using the drop > up-b thingy too.

oats_

Smash Apprentice
I can't even count the number of times I've been spiked by falcos side B while trying to go out for a shine spike.

On the same note, I can't even count the number of times that I have successfully shine spiked falco.

Moral of the story: #youmisseveryshotyoudonttake

Alulim

Smash Apprentice
I can't even count the number of times I've been spiked by falcos side B while trying to go out for a shine spike.

On the same note, I can't even count the number of times that I have successfully shine spiked falco.

Moral of the story: #youmisseveryshotyoudonttake
Except that Illusion is not a true spike and you can get back on stage by simply using your Up B in time ...

Superspright

Smash Lord
SH off stage into their side-b and punish it. If you screw up just be ready to jump and recover to stage. Easy.

Top Bottom