• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I want Impa in SSB4 instead of Sheik

Who should appear in Super Smash Bros. 4?

• Total voters

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't want people to agree with me fully, not at all, I just want them to consider this as a strong possibility.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
all of this
^that
I love how someone says they're throwing logic at our faces and we're unaffected when we're pulling our hair at how one could say such a thing when WE'RE DOING IT TO HIM. It's funny really, I almost think we're being ultra trolled by the best damn troll this side of the forums,as long as this terrible discussion forming of words doesn't spill back into the wii u thread.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not Talking About Impa Week(s) end on Thursday... At the very least, I'll be mentioning her in posts, but am kinda bored of it cause we keep on getting to the same points basically. I already did a compromise before with version exclusive 3DS Sheik, how'd y'all feel about that?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Most of us don't care, but I rather want mah Impa than having a basically dead character yet again...

yani

Smash Lord
I love how you guys speak on Sakurai's behalf like he's your best friend. If Sakurai didn't care about sales, why were Sonic and Snake on the back of Brawl? Obviously not to convince people to buy the game.
You're beginning to worry me. They had to be put on the box for legal purposes. If the box says Konami/ Sega anyway, why not put them on?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm no lame troll, I ain't even trolling in the first place. This is my actual opinion.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I fully support the idea of Impa over Sheik in the next game. Think its one of the better ideas yet. Sheik is really the only undeserving character imo, so why would I lie?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That's not what I'm saiyan, silly goose

My point is that YOU ya damn self admitted to trolling us a bit in the Smash 4 thread 'cause we "shot down yo ideas"

Am I not right be saying this?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh that, yeah your right. But who doesn't do that from time to time? It's painfully obvious when I troll anyways.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If there was a team match, Zelda would be forced to have Impa as a teammate.

Dat *****y Impa just doens't understand Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah, maybe they could also be used separately if Sakurai wants them to.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zelda / Impa would work just as well, you know that. And secretly, you like it... :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
New idea posted earlier in the thread: what if Zelda and Impa could actually have duo attacks, and at some points are both controlable on the stage?

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
oh no I thought this thread died... OK diddy give us some good info, make it worth keeping the thread alive.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's an idea as a tag team similar on how Diddy and Dixie indeed where planned, or envisioned to be. But not exactly, as you can only switch with Down B, and some other moves that would leave the other character open. Picture Impa doing the magical barrier... she got her front protected, but a jump and a B Air would be able to fix that right?? Think again! Zelda teleports back, Impa holds on to her barrier, and Zelda has to fend off enemies now for Impa! BOOM! Most unique character in the game!

To spice up the concept, make the Sheikah Barrier much like Wario's Wario Waft (down B). A move that builds up it's "power" (it's not an offensive attack at all) over time. The barrier is perfect for this sort of idea, because it's an attack that leaves Impa open from behind. But to prevent brokenness, Zelda can only jump into FULLY charged / unused barriers.

And Down B for Impa might be the infamous Deku Nut warp. She throws a Deku Nut and disapears, and if the Deku Nut hits, it does a little damage (like 5%, not like Brawl's item Deku Nut... wtf was that about?) and Zelda jumps in. A move where Impa would jump in for Zelda would perhaps be HER new Down B? I don't know what it'd be yet... but possibly a duo double attack?? And Impa could also jump in after Zelda would use Faore's Wind, so Zelda can recover much better.

This would FORCE the player to use both characters equally, much like Pokémon Trainer, but much different still.
How's that for a "lame Sheik clone"? Who's an "unimportant character" now?

(Digging up more of my older posts now)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The reason Impa replacing Sheik doesn't make sense is very simple.
Sheik and Zelda are the same person.
Zelda and Impa are not.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why does that even has to mather? :rolleyes:

Sheik was only Zelda in one instance in the first place.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I AM GOING TO FOREVER SHOOT DOWN THE RELEVANCY ****.

Relevancy argument: Using only the most recent characters.
NO DIDDY KONG.
NO ZERO SUIT SAMUS.
NO PIT.
NO ROB.
NO ICE CLIMBERS.
NO CAPTAIN FALCON.
NO MR. GAME AND WATCH.
NO NESS.
NO MARTH.

See why relevancy is so ****ing stupid? :glare:

P.S. Sheik has DOUBLE THE VOTES that Impa has. I'm pretty sure that means Impa is generally frowned upon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy was relevant around Brawl's time. He appeared in all DK games sans Jungle Beat, which was hated/ not well received. Marth in fact also was relevant cause of Shadow Dragon, Ness wasn't, but original 12, Zero Suit Samus also was relevant cause of Zero Mission and I think Prime 2? And the rest are retro characters. And its for the rest not like all those characters where in fact not all more important than Sheik is to Zelda. Just ONE appearance of doing basically nothing just doesn't cut it as a character to me.

Sheik having double the votes comes pretty much down to the fact that everyone from the thread votes for her. :/

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Diddy was relevant around Brawl's time. He appeared in all DK games sans Jungle Beat, which was hated/ not well received. Marth in fact also was relevant cause of Shadow Dragon, Ness wasn't, but original 12, Zero Suit Samus also was relevant cause of Zero Mission and I think Prime 2? And the rest are retro characters. And its for the rest not like all those characters where in fact not all more important than Sheik is to Zelda. Just ONE appearance of doing basically nothing just doesn't cut it as a character to me.
You clearly didn't get his point. Diddy Kong is as relevant as Sheik is for Smash 4. You can't apply a Double Standard here. Either they're both able to get in, or neither should. Also, retro are never relevant unless the character has a recent appearance. R.O.B. only got in due to Mario Kart DS with the way you put it.

Sheik having double the votes comes pretty much down to the fact that everyone from the thread votes for her. :/

It helps that your arguments aren't doing a very good job at making us want Impa. Hell, you don't even want Impa as a whole, just some one-off version of her. If you didn't notice, in Smash itself, unless they're a separate character, they're all the same person. Samus is the same person throughout all three games. So is regular Link. So is Zelda. So is Sheik.

They are based upon their latest appearances. There is no TP Zelda. It's all just a costume, not an actual full version of the character. There is one Zelda in Smash. Not two. Once you understand that, you might notice that you're trying to remove a major part of a character, and not some random character. Sheik and Zelda are a part of eachother. Taking away half of her is not what I would call a "smart move", or for that matter, one that'll make the masses happy.

Impa's fine as a separate character, hell, she could team up with Toon Zelda(Young version) if possible. Those are acceptable because it doesn't DROP a favorited character. You realize that people are still pissed that even Pichu was dropped, right? Hell, some hate that Toon Link outright replaced Young Link. They atleast came to accept that atleast it's a Child Link.

But yeah, this, no. You really underestimate how mad the fanbase'll get. They'll be outraged by such a bad move, that you can indeed expect people to not buy the game. The Wii U is already hard enough to sell. Do you really think dropping a fan favorite is going to make it better? Especially when she has two games under her belt? You want an example of this? It's the same as Marvel VS Capcom 3 scenario. People OUTRIGHT refused to buy the game because it didn't have MegaMan. The same thing has too much chance of happening to risk such a bad move.

She can have her own slot. Or hell, be a freakin' costume. Also, the votes clearly show who's more popular of the two. You also have failed to give an unique Impa moveset, going so far as to copy one of Sheik's moves. That's another strike against her. Considering her status... some people might want to play the game as her, but clearly not the majority. Sakurai knows who they want. They want Sheik. Last, but not least, she might be able to fit into the game balance, but that's the only thing going for her at best.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy was still playable in: Donkey Kong King of Swing, DK: Jungle Climber, DK: Barrel Blast and multiple apperances in the Donkey Kongas and Mario cameo games.

Comparing him to Sheik goes too far my dear friend... Far too far. :glare:

THIS IS WAR! :mad079:

Besides, I honestly, sincerely DOUBT Sheik's removal would cause any sort of outrage at all. She's a SUB-character (or intended to be one) to Zelda, and Impa would not only be a spiritual successor that plays a lot like her, but also a separate character from Zelda. Sheik fans would want that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pretty much? :)

Comparing Diddy to Sheik still goes way too far though...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While I found the inclusion of Impa intriguing, I would only be alright with her inclusion if Shiek was still in SSB4. She has been around since SSBM, a fairly iconic character despite only what appearance, and from one of the best LoZ games to date. Relevancy has nothing to do with it. If a character has remained in a SSB for more then one game, I think they deserve to be in the next (i.e. Falco, Jigglypuff, Ness, etc).

I would be pretty pissed if Shiek wasn't included since I enjoy playing as both Zelda and Shiek.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's understandable to not wanna see her go, but Impa's inclusion would perhaps be able to fix a lot of issues Zelda / Sheik had.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's understandable to not wanna see her go, but Impa's inclusion would perhaps be able to fix a lot of issues Zelda / Sheik had.

If you need to replace an extremely popular veteran, then you're doing it wrong.

You can fix it and add Impa as her own separate character. Everybody wins. Nobody loses.

Honestly, if Sakurai wants the other two to be fixed, he'll use the already setup characters, not using some one-time popular character as an excuse.

I'd like to see Impa as a regular(non-character) Trophy atleast. That's her best realistic chance at this time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anything can be a trophy, at the very least Impa would be an Assist Trophy.

But I expect her to be in anyway, wether Sheik stays or not.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Anything can be a trophy, at the very least Impa would be an Assist Trophy.
With how much Sakurai clearly cares about her? Yeah, don't even expect that much. Tingle isn't nearly as cool(although obviously more popular), and got an AT status.

But I expect her to be in anyway, wether Sheik stays or not.
On what grounds? Being somewhat more popular than she used to be? Hell, Toad's more popular than her(by quite a lot), and he should already be in.

You severely overestimate her chances. Also, you presume EVERYBODY loved Skyward Sword. Not everybody did. It was one of the more popular Zeldas, apparently, but you're basing this purely upon hype with absolutely nothing beyond that to back it up. Let me put out the criteria again since you continue to ignore it based upon bias.

1. The character's inclusion must make people want to play the game.

2. The character must be unique.

3. The character must fit into the style of Super Smash Bros.

4. They must contribute to the game balance.

Popularity is covered in number 1.(to an extent) The chances of her being unique isn't that great either. I mean, you couldn't even come up with something better than a Luigified moveset. Who's to say that Sakuai would give her an unique one? She doesn't specifically fit into the style at all. As for game balance, the whole "switch and launch an attack" ala Marvel VS Capcom is the opposite of the balance of Smash. Transformations don't have attacks in order to balance out the ability of switching to a new character. It's not a cheap and free hard-to-predict attack.

So explain how she works using only this criteria.

Sarix

Smash Ace

Most of Zelda's issues come from atrocious animation design, primarily in her air game. All of her attacks either hit too hard so you can't starts combos to build percent then kill or her moves are sweet spot based in the air which forces a lot of strain on precision for an easy to mess up move.

Her specials specials don't allow her to create pressure/force approaches with Din's Fire, and camping is a joke with it. Farore's Wind is difficult recover effectively without a good amount of practice because of how easy it can be to screw up from angular issues.

Overall I don't see how Impa helps Zelda in anyway, she essentially would only be a Sheik replacement/clone. As cool as it would be to see her, don't say she'll improve Zelda because she has entirely different problems from Sheik.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I could never respect Impa after the Oracle games.

I really feel this is enough reason for her to never be a character. Actually on second thought I'd really enjoy playing an Impa like this. Some sorta DK/Sheik hybrid... Alright Impa's in.
What about the Impa from The Wand of Gamelon?

Top Bottom