• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is everyone so opposed to having Smash Balls in competitive play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ƒox

Smash Cadet
Because donkey kong plays drums, but fox jumps into the air and comes down in this huge flying laser blasting tank thing. How is that fair?

Darkurai

Smash Master
Because donkey kong plays drums, but fox jumps into the air and comes down in this huge flying laser blasting tank thing. How is that fair?
I see someone didn't read the first post.

But anyway, Smash Balls appear randomly. They appear at random times in random places. The word "random" is the biggest problem here. We don't want random. Random is bad. Your first point is really the worst part of your entire argument.

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
*shrug* I support Smash Balls in competitive play. I may not necessarily like them, but Brawl isn't Melee... there are changes and new additions that require us to learn how to use items- such as Smash Balls- to our advantage. If you know what you're doing, you can even turn your opponent's Final Smash into a disadvantage for them. :)

bottles vs mumbo

Smash Cadet
in a rolled up newspaper by the side of the road
*shrug* I support Smash Balls in competitive play. I may not necessarily like them, but Brawl isn't Melee... there are changes and new additions that require us to learn how to use items- such as Smash Balls- to our advantage. If you know what you're doing, you can even turn your opponent's Final Smash into a disadvantage for them. :)
it destroys the game. final smashes can take 1 or 2 stocks off, and in a normal match this will decide the winner. it takes all point away from the fighting and technical skill. this would mean that anyone could win a match. any noob could win a tournament. yes, smashballs can be used better/smarter and all, but when it decides the outcome of a match then it is unbalanced.

Are you trying to make it mario kart x10???? go play monopoly

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
Because at one point they are winning (opponent grabs a smash ball) U LOSE
Tell me about it.
This was a school tournament and I used Marth. My opponent got Sheik. Sheik, who fell right into Marth's swift blade strokes was losing right at the start. Sheik was at 106 % when, a Smash Ball appeared. Sheik got it and Light Arrowed me to death. This went on and wasted all my three stocks, while I only took out one >_>

After the tourney, a casual match was set. I was Marth, and my opponents were Lucario, Snake and Toon Link. Lucario and Snake died first (Lucario got edgehogged on the last stock, Snake got caught under the FD lip). So it was Marth vs Toon Link. Using my range, I was capable of putting a huge dent on to Toon Link, more than he can do to me. I was ready to deliver the finishing blow when a Smash Ball appeared: he grabbed it and beat me up with it >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom