• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Miiverse banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Most places allow it as a replacement if the counterpicker wants it. It just isn't used regardless.

ChefKef

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hayesey
3DS FC
3368-2641-2915
1. If you have 2 identical stages, and are playing against a character that is god on that stage, and you only have one ban, that's like striking Lylat and then your opponent takes you to Lylat.

2. It's unusable if a 3DS is connected.

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
We just have it as an alternative for Battlefield since it's literally the exact same blast zones wise and should never be treated as a different thing.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As others have stated, the stage itself is ultimately fine. It's just a matter of making striking fair.

TDF_Lewis

Smash Cadet
NNID
TDF_Lewis
3DS FC
4613-7345-1015
It's a stage you can only use locally and it is limited with certain controllers (well mainly 3DS), the comments in the background could be considered distracting, and typically they are if I play with my friends locally.

I will admit I prefer the ledges for Miiverse much more than Battlefield..

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
It really shouldn't be banned since it's more or less identical to Battlefield. The underside has a different shape and the platforms are a smidge closer together so you can't drop a bowling ball or whatever from the top platform to the ground, and that's it.

People mention the background comments being immature/NSFW or having spoilers in them, but honestly I rarely notice them to begin with. And when I do, I usually laugh more than anything else. (Case in point.) Taking time to read them mid-match is just a distraction. (Spectators on the other hand can afford to split their attention, I guess.)

The stage is also made unselectable by the game if anyone is using a 3DS as a controller for some reason.

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Nothing makes me more determined to win than Sheik being ridiculed from the savage Miiverse comments.

The stage is also made unselectable by the game if anyone is using a 3DS as a controller for some reason.
Yeah, like, that's just one of the few strange occurrences I will never understand about this game. One of our top players uses 3DS exclusively and as much as I'd rather play on this stage rather than Battlefield (mainly just the underside), we literally just...can't for reasons I can't fathom.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It really shouldn't be banned since it's more or less identical to Battlefield. The underside has a different shape and the platforms are a smidge closer together so you can't drop a bowling ball or whatever from the top platform to the ground, and that's it.

People mention the background comments being immature/NSFW or having spoilers in them, but honestly I rarely notice them to begin with. And when I do, I usually laugh more than anything else. (Case in point.) Taking time to read them mid-match is just a distraction. (Spectators on the other hand can afford to split their attention, I guess.)

On the one hand, we have Battlefield. On the other, we have Battlefield with minor differences, dumb comments, and weird restrictions. The fact that it ended up soft banned shouldn't be surprising.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
On the one hand, we have Battlefield. On the other, we have Battlefield with minor differences, dumb comments, and weird restrictions. The fact that it ended up soft banned shouldn't be surprising.
Not surprising as such, but unless you're deathly afraid of badly-drawn genitalia then there's no reason to explicitly ban it in the rules.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Not surprising as such, but unless you're deathly afraid of badly-drawn genitalia then there's no reason to explicitly ban it in the rules.
I'm referring to how the playerbase overwhelmingly refuses to actually use it and how it's effectively banned as a result, not that there's actual rules against it.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Probably a matter of how the U handles wireless/internet communications in general (I add internet because I use ethernet), for instance, you can't play online whatsoever with the 3DS as a controller. Why this doesn't just make it be blank is beyond me, but the behavior is notable and consistent.

Anyways, its similarities to Battlefield are on-par with Omega stage similarities to FD, so I think (given current common rules) treating it as a loser's legal counterpick to Battlefield when Battlefield is not banned is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom