• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why not falco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Rookie
I know Fox is a bigger character in the Starfox series (hence the name...). But why not Falco?

Just personally, I feel like not only does Falco look cooler, but also has the amazing blaster. I am not a Fox player, (I play falco...) so does this mean I have to find a new character like Meta Knight? (Who is terribly overpowered at the moment btw...)

I think we can all agree that Fox and Falco are very different characters, and probably shouldn't be called doubles.

I mean, this isn't really going to be heard by Nintendo. And I guess this somewhat of a whiney post... but just give me your feelings on the matter nonetheless.

Thanks.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
What are you complaining about? Falco hasn't been deconfirmed, he's just not on the DOJO yet. I, too, am a huge Falco fan, but I want him to be remade with original moves. Fox and Falco are different in some areas, but they have the same specials. Most people don't want any characters like that to be in Brawl.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
falco is better than fox, imo even tho in melee they were clones. i would LOVE to have 3 starfox reps in brawl (fox, krystal, falco) but they only need to de-clone falco. i also think he is PROBABLE becuase of his high fan base and support.

oh, btw, this thread MIGHT get locked, not sure tho...

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Falco was just a clone of Fox. But they should be working on his own moveset. All we can for now is wait. I am pretty sure Falco will be in Brawl.

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
I personally like Falco better than Fox in the games, just because it's funny when he's kind of a ****. Also I likes his playstyle better in Melee.

Huge Falco fan, hope he returns.

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
Falco's only problem was that he was a clone, this is doc and ganondorf's problem too. It would be great if they brought back Falco with a whole new moveset thats completely original. Although it seems that both falco and fox are the "shoot first ask questions later" kind of people, (well they are) but falco is more of a kill them, then blow them up, then throw them over a waterfall kind of person while fox is more of the kill them. What i'm saying is falco's moveset should be more aggressive. More of a hand to hand thing for falco but be careful not to overpwer him. Fox is the more tactical fighter who can get up close and do lots of damage and retreat and still do a little damage with the blaster. I think they should change falco based on his personality.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Ugh *most or less ignores the clone discussion*

For starters, he hasn't been deconfirmed yet, so don't flip out. Second, why Fox? Well, duh, he is the main represenative of the Star Fox series. I know you realize that, but allow me to use an example or two. It would be the equivalent to announcing Luigi before Mario, Metroid Prime before Samus, Zelda before Link, Diddy before Donkey Kong, Metaknight before Kirby, or Pichu before Pikachu.

Do you see my point? Also, how they actually played in Melee is completely irrelevant to whether or not they would reoccur in Brawl. Just because "Falco is better," or whatever, doesn't mean he has a higher chance of coming back, and certainly not before Fox.

Also, Fox isn't so much a shoot first ask questions later guy, but his attitude and persona tend to vary from game to game. That is much more Falco's haughty attitude, as you pointed out, mattram.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
1. Metaknight is not overpowered.

2. Falco is a clone. Sakurai said no clones will be in Brawl. Thus, he had to go.

3. Falco is broken. Thus, he deserved to go.

4. Fox is, just like you said, a more important character in the Starfox series.

5. If anybody else from SF is going to Brawl, it'll probably be Krystal, simply because of her staff and magic; you can easily create a whole new moveset and fighting style with that. Falco in Melee is just a clone with significantly altered properties, and his in-franchise character has nothing that could be translated into Brawl without being a clone of Fox.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
1. Metaknight is not overpowered.
He just kicks *** XD
2. Falco is a clone. Sakurai said no clones will be in Brawl. Thus, he had to go.
Bye Bye Ganondorf
3. Falco is broken. Thus, he deserved to go.
Bye Bye Fox, wait o.o
4. Fox is, just like you said, a more important character in the Starfox series.
Bye bye Krystal XD
5. If anybody else from SF is going to Brawl, it'll probably be Krystal, simply because of her staff and magic; you can easily create a whole new moveset and fighting style with that. Falco in Melee is just a clone with significantly altered properties, and his in-franchise character has nothing that could be translated into Brawl without being a clone of Fox.
We all know that Krystal will get in before Falco, but why not three Star Fox reps? And besides, how do you know Sakurai's team can't make a new moveset for him? Your just not creative >.>

linkrulezz

Smash Cadet
i still hope they will add wolf he is the cooler version of fox
falco i never liked him but they probly add him with new moveset

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
He just kicks *** XD
No, he doesn't. People are overrating him A LOT. He's far from being the new Marth.
Bye Bye Ganondorf
Ah, but in the case of Ganondorf they just got lazy. There are plenty of things they can, and should, do with Ganondorf to make him a wholly original character. This is not the case for Falco.
Bye Bye Fox, wait o.o
Yes, Fox is also...well, not broken, though definitely overpowered, but to remove him and include anything else from the SF series would be nothing short of heresy (hence why he was nerfed for Brawl). If you incorporate Star Fox, you incorporate Fox; it's just that simple.
Bye bye Krystal XD
It's not like anything has been confirmed, but don't count her out just yet.
We all know that Krystal will get in before Falco, but why not three Star Fox reps? And besides, how do you know Sakurai's team can't make a new moveset for him? Your just not creative >.>
Every SSB character-except Captain Falcon, Fox, Zelda and Sheik; correct me if there are any more-has their moveset based on things they have done in their past games, some moreso than others. Yes, the devs could just make a totally new moveset for him, one that is nothing like Fox in any way, but I'm skeptical simply because of the fact that Falco has absolutely nothing, as well as, unlike Fox, no real reason to be in Brawl. Fox had to be there because they wanted to represent the SF franchise, but since he hadn't actually done anything until SF: Adventures, it was a necessity for him to get an original moveset. Falco, like the other clones, was just placed in Melee for the hell of it. He provides nothing to build a moveset from (Fox and Krystal do), and he is not a necessity (Fox is).

Smash Ace
*looks at forum name*

This is a high quality Fox discussion. It is, in fact, almost as high quality as the tier list discussions! Oh, wait, it has almost turned into one. My mistake.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
There is a Falco thread already in Character Discussion, but not in the Fox subforum, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom