• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why support gay marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deception

Smash Ace
I'm Christian, and I support gay rights. We shouldn't take one verse from the old testament too seriously when it was a Jewish law made by man, not God, and Jesus basically changed the rules by saying he was the way to God, not these crazy laws made by man.

If you're gay and are in love, then you should be able to get married, regardless of what some older generations of Christians and other religions think. Luckily, their are more and more churces that are starting to except gays, so hopefully we will get rid of the idea that Christians hate gays.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
This topic is like a fire in an orphanage: funny at first, but a mess to clean.

Take it to the Debate Hall.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So the best arguments against gay marriage are:

-It's icky
-God hates gays
-It'll lead to inbreeding and pedophelia
-Boys can't have babies.

...how sad. I can't get married because society thinks its gross, I'll marry my brother, then go to hell. :(

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yeah, Xsyven! You getting married ruins the whole sanctity of marriage! If we let you people get married then people like Anna Nicole Smith would never get rich from marrying guys old enough to be their grandfathers, and it still be special. People like Britney Spears would never be able to marry a guy then divorce him within 24 hours, and still have that uniqueness. And most importantly couples that hate each other will never have the God given grace to marry each other because they had a baby, if queers who love each other get married. I'm sorry, but I believe marriage IS still special...

Matt

Banned via Administration
I think South Park established that they prefer to be called Butt Buddies. GEEZ GUYS, try to be a little more politically correct!

"Gays" are not the only one who push for fair marriage laws, which would give unbiased tax breaks and the other financial benefits of marriage. Any sensible human being who gives a **** about human rights pushes for equality for their fellow man. JiggyWiggy gets a temp ban for being an antagonist bigot, which I guess I'll call spam. =D

Matt

Banned via Administration
Oh, and I've also banned Johnthegalactic. Because I just plain don't like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom