• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why the hell do people think Klonoa is more "deserving" than Pac-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
This is something that has bugged me since Pac's reveal and whatnot. Most places I go, especially gamefaqs, I happen to hear about this "Klonoa" character and how much more "Interesting" or so he is from Pac-Man.

So much as they even go to say how this obscure little mascot should be put in Smash alongside Mario, Mega Man and Sonic... I'm sorry but, What?

It just boggles my mind and seeing the amount of people who still say this stuff pretty much turned me off from the franchise of Klonoa in general, Maybe the games aren't generic platformers: But it's like they completely ignore everything else Pac-Man has done, like I don't know... Pac-Man World?

At this point I think would rather have Bubsy, Yes that infamous mascot of the 90's than this Sonic OC with Long Ears. Jeez...

verbatim

Smash Ace
I have legitimately never heard this before, I think you might want to just chalk it up to the weirdness of the Internet.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I've never heard of this before, but I'd personally prefer Klonoa over Pac Man... :facepalm:

I really do not like Pac Man at all, but that's just my opinion. I've had personal connections with the Klonoa games in the past, which have influenced this choice. I have never been interested in the Pac Man games.

Although I prefer Klonoa over Pac Man, Pac Man makes more sense in the game. Why are we still talking about this? I'm not sure. Pac's in the game, and Klonoa isn't, so... I don't see what the big deal is.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I still see people talking about how this character is a more deserving rep though... Given how much it turned me away, I can't say I want to look him in the face anytime soon. Not even DLC for that matter but whatever. ((It's probably the most prelevant on GameFaqs.)) And of course the excuse of how Pac-Man is just a "half eaten pizza" makes me want to facepalm even more.

Blame me for not playing the games in the past or never even hearing of him: Though his name alone now has left a rather sour taste in my mouth.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I've never heard of this before, but I'd personally prefer Klonoa over Pac Man... :facepalm:

I really do not like Pac Man at all, but that's just my opinion. I've had personal connections with the Klonoa games in the past, which have influenced this choice. I have never been interested in the Pac Man games.

Although I prefer Klonoa over Pac Man, Pac Man makes more sense in the game. Why are we still talking about this? I'm not sure. Pac's in the game, and Klonoa isn't, so... I don't see what the big deal is.
Pretty much. We don't need to start heated and tad pointless arguments about who's more deserving or not.

To OP, you could also see more to Klonoa than how you take him to be at the moment and observe why people would rather go with him than Pac-Man. But apparently you have even decided to not look on the series at all instead.

Well, just don't try to start up anything with the fans themselves. While Smash indeed has always added 3rd Parties based on their iconic status, it shouldn't be another rule to shove down certain people's throats and be baffled on why they think the other way you do about your characters.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I have looked into the PS1 game. Really just looks like a sugar-high version of Wario Land. Granted it's not a "generic platformer" like I imagined it would be but still.

Not to mention how old the characters double jump voice clip can get, honestly.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I have looked into the PS1 game. Really just looks like a sugar-high version of Wario Land. Granted it's not a "generic platformer" like I imagined it would be but still.

Not to mention how old the characters double jump voice clip can get, honestly.
Honestly, the gameplay is not relevant to who is more "deserving." In my opinion, the Klonoa series is a much more detailed and thought out game than Pac Man, which is simply a game based on collecting food and running from ghosts. Does this justify which character should be in Smash? No. I have no clue why you are unnecessarily creating this pointless debate that is going to go absolutely nowhere.

Some people like Pac Man more than Klonoa, and some like Klonoa more than Pac Man. Please stop trying to place Pac Man over any other character, as all you are doing is arguing that your opinion is somehow more valid than someone else's.

This thread is not going to go anywhere. I feel like it should be closed, as it's pretty much just a rant post.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I'm more so just frustrated from experiences I guess you could say, But I hate when they go out of their way to pretty much to say how "generic" or "uninspiring" the main mascot is, When to me: That's exactly what this animalistic character is to me. I have seen plenty of anthropomorphic characters when it comes to gaming already: Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, and even the imfamous Bubsy.

It may just be the fact these past experiences have contributed to flow blown hate of this character. And to me: Smash 3rd parties need to be well known. As far as I know, Klonoa is an obscure franchise. Which only boggles my mind why HE should be put in place alongside Mario, Sonic and Mega Man.

It's almost the same reason why I held off even looking into SMRPG. ((Which you can thank certain fanboys of a certain character for that))

Find this character more interesting? Fine. Don't go saying Pac-Man is litterally just a "Pizza" and don't you dare ignore his platforming adventures, which made me WANT him in Smash in the first place.

I just don't see what is special about this "Klonoa" character at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom