• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Are there any links to threads about that tourney? I was looking around and I can't really find anything. You guys should do a smashfest/tourney in appleton some time, That would be something I would be interested in going to given the weekend.
Thread isn't up yet, he's gotta finalize a venue, but it should be a go. I'm thinking about hosting a tourney in the Appleton area sometime soon, but I'm in search of a new venue.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
ok after watching as money's sick combo vid i think we gotta get something set up. we can prob do somethin at my house, what weekends are you guys free?

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
ok after watching as money's sick combo vid i think we gotta get something set up. we can prob do somethin at my house, what weekends are you guys free?
This is just a suggestion, but we should try to coordinate it on weekends that vino comes down from Madison to Appleton. You would have Me, Vino, DosDos, Steve, the guys from MI, and we could prob get Ethan to come play with us.

Also, there's that M.A.S tourney in Racine, it's like 2.5 hours from Appleton. We could have a smashfest friday night, and the MI players could carpool with us down there. Just meet us in Appleton/Neenah.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
plane nonstop flight 2 hrs and like 45 min

edit: yo what day / time buy these tickets for?

Flight 818 starts at 1:30 PM at Milwaukee travels no-stops to Baltimore arriving at 4:17 PM on January 15th

Pound 4 is 16th-18th

then I guess stay another night somewhere and go back next day?

Flight 467 starts at 12:55 PM at Baltimore travels no-stops to Milwaukee arriving at 2:01 PM on January 19th

does this sound good to everybody? lets all talk about this ****z

Dont buy anything yet lets talk and see what is good ****s

Quaz

Smash Master
this is plane.

http://www.airtran.com/Home.aspx

we'll prolly fly out friday the 15th and fly back tuesday the 19th. Good enough no?

its also from milwauke to baltimore washington international

if you read the pound 4 website we can get a hotel thats giving discounts for smashers going to pound 4.

lemme comfirm this but I think we can also get a 10% discount if we're buying airtran tickets.

Originally Posted by Kasht
I booked 8 plane tickets for my players in Puerto Rico who are attending Pound 4, so we have 8 players confirmed. BTW, I dont play Smash, but I am the person who makes all the travel arrangements for the PR players (FAST1, Genesis, etc...)

While doing this, I requested an EVENT CODE with Airtran Airways for all the out-of-state players flying into BWI to attend the event. This EVENT CODE will give you a 10% discount on your fare, without taxes. I encourage everybody to use this code as I need to meet a number of people using the code, otherwise I have to pay for the difference.

Anyhow, here is what you have to do:

See if your departing airport can fly Airtran here: http://www.airtran.com/cities/index_destinations.aspx
Contact the AirTran Airways EventSavers Desk at 1-866-68EVENT (1-866-683-8368) for reservations.
Provide the following Event Code: BWI011510
Provide the following Event Name: Pound 4
Provide the flight details or ask the customer rep to help you find the cheapest rate.
Once the cheapest rate is found, they will apply a 10% discount on the fare.
Provide payment info to customer rep
Enjoy your 10% discount!!!

If someone has any questions dont hesitate to ask me. Also, if someone needs help with finding flights or paying for it, let me know and I can probably assist.

Thanks.

Kasht

P.S. Can someone update the first post with the AirTran fare discount info?
okay that sounds pretty confusing but it might be worth a shot.

AS Money

Smash Lord
we're free most weekends seeing how i'm jobless up here(of course this means i have little money to be spending on gas but thanks to saving plasma donation money i should be able to pay for things) but shibb says not this weekend when is the M.A.S tourny

and thanks for the complement on the combo video its my pride and joy

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252027 that's the next WI tourney, 11/14. next weekend is halloween so *** that but if there's nothing going on nov 7th maybe we can smash that weekend to prepare for MAS????

also for everyone else in WI im gonna try to host a melee only tourney for the new melee circuit and the dates im looking at are dec 12 and dec 19, i cant really move the date around like in the past so i gotta know what dates are better for people, thoughts?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
MAS is on the 14th lol

18spikes: I'm probably going to do December's MAS on December 5th or the 19th. I doubt anyone is going to NEC from WI/IL for smash anything, so It'll more than likely be Dec 5th when I run Dec's MAS.

Jahordon

Smash Journeyman
MAS is on the 14th lol

18spikes: I'm probably going to do December's MAS on December 5th or the 19th. I doubt anyone is going to NEC from WI/IL for smash anything, so It'll more than likely be Dec 5th when I run Dec's MAS.
Practice on the 7th for the 14th :p.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252027 that's the next WI tourney, 11/14. next weekend is halloween so *** that but if there's nothing going on nov 7th maybe we can smash that weekend to prepare for MAS????
the 14th works really well, As$ and I will most likely be coming down to smash with you guys on that friday night (if you think you can let us crash there, somewhere in Appleton or wherever) and then carpool to MAS? That would work real well for us. I would come smash with you guys the weekend before but that is kind of a lot of gas and it wouldnt work out, for us, anyway. we're talking like a 4 hour drive haha

also for everyone else in WI im gonna try to host a melee only tourney for the new melee circuit and the dates im looking at are dec 12 and dec 19, i cant really move the date around like in the past so i gotta know what dates are better for people, thoughts?
Well, if you are going to do December, (and i may not speak for everyone) Dec 12 (or even the week before) would be best for a lot of college kids like myself who go home right after that. When I go home, it will put me a lot further away from you guys! So that is me, anyway. I know I don't really have any say in when/where **** goes down, just saying maybe there are more people with the same situation. It is tough cause that is right around the start of winter break.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
well you could prob stay at my house the night before but itd have to be after 8pm cause I work til then every night but if you're looking to smash all night you might want to find another place to get housing (kaukauna maybe? dont wanna speak for them though..)

also I'm leaning heavily towards the 19th because school is over for most people by then. I know I've got classes until the 18th, and I don't want to host/attend something right before finals week :X

Devildigimon

Smash Lord

Jahordon

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah I forgot about that :p.

Landry: you, Swany, Sago and I can all probably practice that weekend. We all live here in Madison.

Quaz

Smash Master
Here you go Steve

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium isn't even Neutral anymore. Have fun at pound 4.

There isn't a mushroom kingdom 2 though either..

wow this is the most neutral stage set I have ever seen. I'm happy I don't have to deal with Corneria or Pokefloats though <3

Zicore

Smash Champion
I can go. Give me 2 weeks to come up with the money. If someone can afford to pay for 2, I can pay them back as soon as I get the money.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
The 7th sounds great for a fest. I could make it to that one.

I could spot you the money Zicore, but that's never worked out for me in the past. How sure are you?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I wanted to give ourselves like an extra day to get there and just hang out or watever. I dont know what the dates are because they arent on the pound4 website and I dont want to look it up lol. But imo we should have an extra day after arriving/before leaving, like thursday ===> tuesday. Time doesnt matter either. I can be totally flexible for this.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
tourney days are saturday through monday
jan 16-18

i am also super flexible and am good for whatever

mundungu/quaz/hunger/zicore/anybody have any preferences on this?

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Hey, im a melee player from minnesota and i would wanna go to that.

My college has finals on Dec 23rd though so the 12th would definetely work better for me personally.

Also, i heard people talking about mn vs wisconsin crew battle... how about that?

Quaz

Smash Master
double post cuz I can

we should buy our tickets off expedia.com

Jan 14th
1:30 pm Depart Milwaukee (MKE)
Arrive Baltimore (BWI) 4:17 pm

Jan 19th
6:19 pm Depart Baltimore (BWI)
Arrive Milwaukee (MKE) 7:25 pm

we can get this ticket for like $152 what do you guys think?

Top Bottom