• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi Brawlers & Inperson Brawlers(ip) Disperse

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
So yeah. I was getting challenges from people (approx. 7) and every time I won I get this exuse of of not being at full potential because of button lag. Well IMO I think there should be competitive wifi players and competitive IP players. Or both 4 the players that dont make exuses.(Johns) Dont you?

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Competitive wifi is kind of stupid because button lag does eliminate a lot of the skill factor.
It's a completely legit john IMO <_<

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for double post but im suggesting there be players that adjust to the buttonlag. Its a reasonable john but if your gonna try to prove a point via wifi battling, you should be able to know if your opponent doesnt mind the timing issue so they wont make an exuse.(i've had some non-button lag battles but people say that its impossible. is that true?)

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
I live in europe so I dont got Brawl yet but will it always be button lag in every game? I mean even if its not lagging will there be button lag always? If I press to shield or roll in maybe a lets say With Anyone match with no lag will there still be button lag and take about one second til the shield comes up? Or is this just with With anyone and not with friends?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I live in europe so I dont got Brawl yet but will it always be button lag in every game? I mean even if its not lagging will there be button lag always? If I press to shield or roll in maybe a lets say With Anyone match with no lag will there still be button lag and take about one second til the shield comes up? Or is this just with With anyone and not with friends?
I would REALLY like to know this too (I live in Australia). For example, if I play my friend online who lives about a 10 minute drive from myself and we both have fairly standard broadband connections. Will we be able to play decent matches or will the lag make it too different to regular offline play?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
LOL why dont you just go to their house and not have any lag at all. You probably won't have that much lag considering you both have pretty good connections.

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
Button lag really does hinders a lot of peoples control, majorly sheilding. It definetly dosn't show their top skill but still shows a good amount of their abilities.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
It depends. My friend lives less than a minute away, so I'll Brawl him when he manages to buy Brawl and get back to you on that. There will ALWAYS be lag present though, even if you don't notice it at first.

Top Bottom