• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi is a huge let down

SlyNinja

Smash Rookie
Anybody else remember when Wifi was announced for Brawl? Remember how excited you were? I was, but I finally got around to play online since my wireless router finally lets my Wii connect. But when I found some people to play with,the game is just terrible online.

The biggest problem was items. Now I don't want to sound like a big baby when I say this but if one person has any item off, it should automatically be turned off. The game isn't fun not only when I'm lagging, but lagging while try to dodge final smashes, thrown home run bats, and anything else.

Actually, I lied before, lag is by far the biggest issue. Even 1/4 of a second of lag(which was probably the best connection I ever got on my 20+ matches of Wifi) throws off my game completely. It's to laggy to chain grab as Dedede, the enemy can DI way to easy. The game lags so bad I end up just falling to my death when trying to Swallow-cide other players. I get hit by the most obvious of moves because I pressed shield maybe 3 or 4 frames to late because timing anything with lag is just unnecessary.

Anybody else feel Wifi is the worst part of Brawl? I personally can't stand it, I feel it can only be described as depressing.

FlareAlchemist

Smash Cadet
Have you read the tons of other topics saying basically the same thing? Yea. It's not too good of an online feature.

Duckys

Smash Apprentice
You have the option not to play online so like ye lol, maybe they'll make the server better you never know, otherwise don't play online or try and get on with your play, I found it ok in 1v1's.

Peck

Smash Apprentice
Yeah pretty unfair when my opponent OUs the protect bubble.
Most people i play use AR/

MxGm

Smash Cadet
I found it ok for Friend Matches but for random brawls its absolutely terrible
Well, at least you're lucky to have played With Anyone, because I have never played against anybody in that mode. They never show up. It's annoying just to be standing there beating the hell out of a Sandbag.

Top Bottom