• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi Tiers?

Fenvir

Smash Cadet
I don't know if somebody has asked this yet but everyone knows that some characters' potentials are cut in half when on wifi. A marth is bottom rung wifi but on top of his game live. So is there a tier list for wifi only? And if not, how would you think the tier list would look?

Fenvir

Smash Cadet
I made a thread about it awhile ago. In fact, it had a lot more content and reasoning as to why there could be a separate tier list for online.
All I was asking was if there is a tier list, not trying to give any reasoning why there should be one... Care to make a post that is actually helpful? Maybe give a link or not bother posting altogether if all you have to say is that something like this USED to exist?

Browny

Smash Hater
i dont see why marth would be bad on wifi, or do i suspect this is the usual justification for why someone does bad, because thier character is supposedly bad on wifi >_>. every character loses potential, except pikachu and ike lol. they are god tier, everyone else is middle.

Fenvir

Smash Cadet
I was only using marth as the example but I hear this from top players on the marth forum. Yes, some characters like ike capitalize on the lag spikes, giving them more priority online. I would imagine the characters with a lasting area attack, pikachus down smash or thunder, will be of higher tier...?

Fenvir

Smash Cadet
So top online tier potential is in MK, Pikachu, Ike... what would you consider of G&W?
My thoughts on Marth is that he has less dependability online of tipping his attacks?
I guess I will add up the results of online tournaments to get a small base idea.

Top Bottom