• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WiFight Club - Congratulations to Catana for winning the tourney and destroying everyone

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Mocha...that name sounds so familiar. It's kind of annoying me that I can't remember.

Also @ Zelkam Zelkam I added you to my friends list on Wii U
Accepted. I'm ready whenever you are so just lemme know. We can use the xat to inform of stage choices and such.

Edit: @ CostLow CostLow I managed to sneak in a win against Lawz

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
@DarkDeity15 - I'll add your stuff to my 3DS later today and then hopefully we can figure something out. I'll pm you and then maybe we can meet up on Xat once we figure out some stuff.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
How many opponents do I get in round one? I expect to fight Inigo Montoya after Goulmania.

Goul wins, and advances to round three.

I still want to play whoever I was supposed to play in round two.
I'm a little confused by your comment. Are you telling me that Goulmania just won and you want your old matchup back? If that's the case I'm sorry but that bracket was pretty well ruined. One person could have easily taken a bye all the way to the semi-finals while other players would have to fight it out the whole way. That wouldn't result in a legit winner in my mind, so I advanced everyone and then mixed the next round. This doesn't REALLY change anything other than perhaps the timing of each person's wins and losses. I'm sorry if you find this inconvenient but it was completely necessary. Besides, I'll host more and get better at it along the way.

Jasudin

Smash Apprentice
In Your Alert Box, Increasing the Amount of Alerts
NNID
sushiramen8811
3DS FC
4768-7740-0434
I have a question, @ CostLow CostLow . Are the qualifier match-ups posted in the OP, or are we supposed to just 1v1 any club member?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read the qualifying round spoiler. When is the next qualifying round/tournament without a qualifying round?

Last edited:
I'm a little confused by your comment. Are you telling me that Goulmania just won and you want your old matchup back? If that's the case I'm sorry but that bracket was pretty well ruined. One person could have easily taken a bye all the way to the semi-finals while other players would have to fight it out the whole way. That wouldn't result in a legit winner in my mind, so I advanced everyone and then mixed the next round. This doesn't REALLY change anything other than perhaps the timing of each person's wins and losses. I'm sorry if you find this inconvenient but it was completely necessary. Besides, I'll host more and get better at it along the way.
that's not what I mean, no.

I just want friendlies with whoever wins in Fear7's next match up, since I originally had advanced to round 2.

DeTa

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

I played @ Elessar Elessar tonight and we played a couple of warm-up matches before our tournament matches. There wasn't much lag in the first few games so we decided to go ahead and play our first tourney match and I took the win on FD. The second game, however, was very laggy, and ele self-destructed by accident so I decided to SD. He ended up taking the win on the second game. The third game we decided to play it through regardless of lag and I took the win on that one. We both agreed that these matches were pretty laggy so we decided to do one more and I won our last game. Ele thought these games were pretty bad because of the lag though, and I don't mind re-doing these matches at a later date when his wifi is a bit better. What do you guys think? Should we count these or just redo our tournament matches?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It should be more that the matches didn't just have delay lag, but also the lag that makes the games choppy and slide like. On the third match I SD my final stock because Link tried to throw the gale twice rather than recover due to the lag input. I told @ DeTa DeTa that I would take the loss but he decided to check with you all on what we should do since we both realize that the matches were horrible.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I don't have any problem with you guys re-doing your matches due to lag. Especially when its the really bad choppy kind.

mackman

Smash Cadet
As long as both participants agree that the lag was bad, and both are fine with re-doing the matches, then I can't see why anybody would object...at least, that's the system I would want in place if my wifi was unreliable...

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
that's not what I mean, no.

I just want friendlies with whoever wins in Fear7's next match up, since I originally had advanced to round 2.
Oh ok. I gotcha now. Yeah, you guys totally should.

It should be more that the matches didn't just have delay lag, but also the lag that makes the games choppy and slide like. On the third match I SD my final stock because Link tried to throw the gale twice rather than recover due to the lag input. I told @ DeTa DeTa that I would take the loss but he decided to check with you all on what we should do since we both realize that the matches were horrible.
This is fine. If you guys are in agreement I don't mind. Just let me know when you come to a conclusion like you did. GG's guys!

BTW, I updated the brackets for DeTa vs Elessar, kxiong92 vs mackman, and ShinTwist... vs Goulmania

Last edited:

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
We played again when @ Elessar Elessar got home and had better internet. He won 2-0. Congrats, ele!
So im up against Ele...great...REVENGE FOR THE BURN I HAD FROM HIM WHEN I FIRST JOINED THIS THREAD!!! >=D

Nah just kidding, I'm really looking forward to it though. I'll finally be able to see an amazing Link in action since in FG are mostly not that good.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So im up against Ele...great...REVENGE FOR THE BURN I HAD FROM HIM WHEN I FIRST JOINED THIS THREAD!!! >=D

Nah just kidding, I'm really looking forward to it though. I'll finally be able to see an amazing Link in action since in FG are mostly not that good.
I flamed you for your guide thread, not this thread. Also, I wouldn't call my Link amazing. In fact, probably the complete opposite. More like underwhelming.

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
I flamed you for your guide thread, not this thread. Also, I wouldn't call my Link amazing. In fact, probably the complete opposite. More like underwhelming.
Sorry, wrong choice of words. I meant to say flame instead of burn and forum instead of thread xD I was kidding anyway. I'm pretty sure you're Link is amazing and can't wait to face it. So yeah, we'll continue this through PM.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
It's all a matter of perspective, really. In comparison to the other Link guide is SWF's "guide" section, Xephilon's guide was actually pretty good. However, when compared to Blubba's guide, it looked more like a "baby's first guide to Link". Likewise, when judging Elessar's skill, compared to the scrubby Link's on FG Elessar's Link is Chuck Norris tier. However, when compared to some of the veteran competitive level Link players, Elessar's Link (and most of us, for that matter) is FG scrub level.

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
It's all a matter of perspective, really. In comparison to the other Link guide is SWF's "guide" section, Xephilon's guide was actually pretty good. However, when compared to Blubba's guide, it looked more like a "baby's first guide to Link". Likewise, when judging Elessar's skill, compared to the scrubby Link's on FG Elessar's Link is Chuck Norris tier. However, when compared to some of the veteran competitive level Link players, Elessar's Link (and most of us, for that matter) is FG scrub level.
Yeah Blubbas guide is amazing. Honestly, if I saw it first I wouldn't have bothered making my own. I would've tried to help his guide get even better (if I was able to). As for the skill, even compared to veterans, im pretty sure most of the guys here (especially the ones that have been here a long time like Fox and Ele) are actually really good Links which is why I'm really excited for this tournament.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
@ Knife8193 Knife8193 beat me in the Wii U Bracket. Well played. Very good spacing, stage control, and applying pressure to the shield.
We played friendlies afterwards. GGs and let's play again later.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Beat Oblivion, so it looks like I fight either Zelkam or Elessar

GGs Oblivion. Gotta admire the DDD usage against Links.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
I have a question, @ CostLow CostLow . Are the qualifier match-ups posted in the OP, or are we supposed to just 1v1 any club member?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read the qualifying round spoiler. When is the next qualifying round/tournament without a qualifying round?
Sorry I missed this question before. After this tournament is over we'll talk about how to do the next one. Maybe we shouldn't be doing single elimination. Maybe pools would be better? I don't know. I just don't think the qualifying thing is really going to work out at this point. We just don't have enough active members for that in my mind.

EDIT: Round 2 has begun. If your opponent is a number (ie. 00, 01, 02) that means there was no response from some of our members and I have taken them out of the tournament. Subs can still be added up until the semi-finals, so if someone wants in that didn't get in just let me know so I can plug you into the correct bracket position.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
I'm going to bump the Challonge link so that we don't have to keep going back to page 3.

http://challonge.com/wfc3ds1

@ Zelkam Zelkam my body is ready. Let's do this.
It's also on the 1st page...

@ Oblivion129 Oblivion129 - Ready for some 3DS action? I'll be available in the evenings on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; as well as most of the day on Saturday and Sunday. I'm in Germany so those times would be about 1800-2200 (GMT+1) during the week.

Last edited:

Jasudin

Smash Apprentice
In Your Alert Box, Increasing the Amount of Alerts
NNID
sushiramen8811
3DS FC
4768-7740-0434
Sorry I missed this question before. After this tournament is over we'll talk about how to do the next one. Maybe we shouldn't be doing single elimination. Maybe pools would be better? I don't know. I just don't think the qualifying thing is really going to work out at this point. We just don't have enough active members for that in my mind.

EDIT: Round 2 has begun. If your opponent is a number (ie. 00, 01, 02) that means there was no response from some of our members and I have taken them out of the tournament. Subs can still be added up until the semi-finals, so if someone wants in that didn't get in just let me know so I can plug you into the correct bracket position.
Yass, add me!

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
So Elessar and I did our matches, ended 2-1 to my favor.
First match FD Link vs Link: Took the win cause of accidental SD :/
Second match Battlefield Link vs Link: Ele won, both at last stock over 100%, I made a mistake and got punished hard
Third Match Rangom Omega Link vs Link: I won, awesome match.

Amazing games dude, I'll play ya whenever and I'll PM you whenever I get a Wii U xD

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
It's also on the 1st page...

@ Oblivion129 Oblivion129 - Ready for some 3DS action? I'll be available in the evenings on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; as well as most of the day on Saturday and Sunday. I'm in Germany so those times would be about 1800-2200 (GMT+1) during the week.
Hey. Well I'm back in my house so I'll be available for Wednesday, Friday and Saturday most likely. Just PM when ready.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
I just realized something. I never asked about videos. Do any of you guys have videos from your tournament matches? If so, could you link to them for me so I can add them to the OT? I would really appreciate that. :)

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I just realized something. I never asked about videos. Do any of you guys have videos from your tournament matches? If so, could you link to them for me so I can add them to the OT? I would really appreciate that. :)
Sadly I was an idiot and forgot to record them. I'll try to get the next ones though.

Top Bottom