• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii 4.0 Hopefully this won't kill off Brawl+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foopmaster

Smash Cadet
Well with the wii menu 4.0 Brawl+ may be inaccessible to new people wanting to play it, seeing as the way to install brawl+ has been eliminated. Hopefully somebody will find a fix for this. (I want to get Brawl+ but can't now T_T) I would post a link talking about it but I don't think that is allowed. Just google stuff about HBC and wii menu 4.0. Also I played it today at a friend's house and Brawl+ is amazing.

Almas

Smash Lord
The method of setting up these things was removed in the 4.0 system menu was removed because they were specifically trying to. The people involved in producing these things already knew of other means of doing it, and have already found one which is perfectly suitable for the task. For more information, find Igglyboo's youtube - he alpha tested the new method (plus you can view his awesome codes!).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Not to mention there are still ways to downgrade to previous versions.

Sukai

Smash Champion
The Wii has no operating system, so the Twilight Hack can never be patched up, only covered with a blanket, so to speak.
Our men are hard at work here, no system menu update can stop us!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not to mention there are still ways to downgrade to previous versions.
Well, you need to have already installed the cIOS for that, though, before updating. Even if you do have HBC on a 4.0 wii, without a cIOS installed you can't downgrade.
Plus, you do risk bricking your Wii to a point where it can no longer be used.

In other words, even if you have the cIOS that's required, do not attempt to downgrade if you want to keep your Wii working.

D

Deleted member

Okay. You got your answers and what not. So shouldnt this be locked due to borderline iffyness?
Agreed, but the mods don't seem to mind it. I'm just happy because we'll still be getting new people, and maybe a lot more since it might be a lot easier to softmod a Wii.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Plus, you do risk bricking your Wii to a point where it can no longer be used.

In other words, even if you have the cIOS that's required, do not attempt to downgrade if you want to keep your Wii working.
Wrong. You'll only brick your system if you screw up. Following instructions isn't difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom