• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Wii U Smash Bundle?

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
I was just discussing this with my friend, what do you guys think of a bundle? I know a lot of guys who don't have a Wii U and will just buy it for SM4SH. So it will be a smart decision to release them in a bundle.

And also guys, what do you think the design for the Wii U will be if there was actually a bundle? I am thinking of a white background with a blue flame and a big fat Smash Logo. I dunno really but get creative! :)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If Nintendo has any sense they'll have both Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros 4 Wii U bundles out in full force.

They'll have people wielding rocket launchers shooting out the bundles and hoovers to suck up all the money.

Last edited:

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
How about a Smash 3DS AND Wii U bundle at once? Kinda like what Sony is doing with the Vita? Thoughts?
Like both of the systems together and both of the games together? I dunno... Lots of people already own a 3DS and isn't in the same situation as the Vita and the PS4 is relativity new while the Wii U has been around for some time and it needs help. It could work but I dunno.

Unless you are talking about two separate bundles at the same time I can't tell.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Like both of the systems together and both of the games together? I dunno... Lots of people already own a 3DS and isn't in the same situation as the Vita and the PS4 is relativity new while the Wii U has been around for some time and it needs help. It could work but I dunno.

Unless you are talking about two separate bundles at the same time I can't tell.
Yeah both of the systems as one.

There should be a bundle for each one regardless.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
A Wii U that occasionally burst into blue flames for a split second and shows the Smash logo via holigram.

Or just a Wii U with a half blue half red Smash symbol. Gamepad art would include logo's of most of the franchise.

Last edited:

serazac25

Smash Rookie
I just want a two pro-controller or whatever bundle with smash, I could care less of the Wii U pad. Or just one Pro-Controller and buy the Nyko one , to see how good that controller is, heard good things about it.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
A system bundle at its current MSRP will only happen after Nintendo has made a profit from the game itself first like they did with NSMBWii, NSMBU, and MKWii, so I don't expect a bundle anytime soon, but maybe holiday season or even later.

I expect a Wii U and 3DS version being bundled together, though.

Nintendo's gotta be stupid not to release Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8 bundles... They will totally release them... Right? :facepalm:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There's a very good chance my eventual purchase of a Wii U will be due to a Smash Bros bundle.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I don't know about Smash being bundled, but Mario Kart will definitely be.

Back in the gamecube era, games were bundled with the system really based on popularity. Mario Sunshine, Smash Bros Melee, and Metroid Prime were some of the first available.

Then with the Wii, they wanted to bundle games that showcased the systems functionality, like Mario Kart and Wii Sports.

Eventually the Wii saw a price drop, and later had Super Mario U bundles.

Right now there's a Wii U bundle with Nintendo Land, Super Mario Bros U and Super Luigi U, so I can see Mario Kart happening. It still uses motion controls. Smash doesn't really can't use them effectively.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
It won't happen for a number of reasons (not least of which is that this whole post is just me being greedy), but if they released a WiiU bundle with both MK8 and SSB4 for the usual WiiU price, the money would just fly out of my wallet of it's own accord.

Some my say it could happen citing that there was that one bundle with both New Super Mario Bros Wii U and the Luigi equivalent, but you're fooling yourself if you're saying that those count as 2 seperate games instead of closer to 1.5 or maybe even 1.3.

Top Bottom