• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Wii U version has been sped up from E3

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to @MugenLord for pointing this out. I didnt see a thread for it so i decided to make it myself.

Call me crazy, but this looks to be a good bit faster than some gameplay from E3 and Smashfest. Can anyone debunk this? Or has gameplay really been sped up in the past month?

If so, this could be great news for the competitive scene.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Maybe a bit faster but I didn't notice at first, it still looks and plays amazingly so I'm fine regardless

It looks identical to the E3 build from what I can see with the naked eye. Is it not the E3 build being reused anyway, though? Anyway, it would take someone with video software to count the frames and know for sure.

Last edited:

Soul.

It looks identical to the E3 build from what I can see with the naked eye. Is it not the E3 build being reused anyway, though? Anyway, it would take someone with video software to count the frames and know for sure.
It's using the E3 build. It's seems faster because at some part of the video, it makes it seem faster, then it goes to normal speed.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
It's using the E3 build. It's seems faster because at some part of the video, it makes it seem faster, then it goes to normal speed.
Keep in mind though, it's still in beta form, so we cannot conclude that the game will be somewhat slow.

Average Melee fanboy - "This game looks exactly like Brawl to me."

Soul.

Keep in mind though, it's still in beta form, so we cannot conclude that the game will be somewhat slow.

Yeah, you're right about that. I'm not saying the game will be slow. Even at normal speed, it seems faster than Brawl.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Yeah, you're right about that. I'm not saying the game will be slow. Even at normal speed, it seems faster than Brawl.
Definitely. Also, I liked Brawl more than Melee overall, but I will agree that Melee has the best "gameplay" in the series.

Last edited:

Yagrush

Smash Rookie
This is definitely *not* the E3 build. The loading time is much, much faster than the E3 one. That alone is enough to say that's a different build, imo.

Last edited:

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
It's the same, just look at Zero Suit Samus's Down Air landing lag.
This is just like the tortoise and the hare.

The hare is all hyperactive and tires himself out (players who closely observe the "landing lag" of aerials).

The tortoise is calm, cool, and collected, and eventually wins the race (players who don't care).

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
This is just like the tortoise and the hare.

The hare is all hyperactive and tires himself out (players who closely observe the "landing lag" of aerials).

The tortoise is calm, cool, and collected, and eventually wins the race (players who don't care).
Suuuure XD

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
I'd like it if the "speed" of SSB4 was about 75% of the speed of Melee, and that the recovery time from "landings" is about half that of Brawl.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Obviously, this is a later build of the game being shown here. If I must drop my two cents, I'm just going to say that many of the attacks have ridiculous amounts of ending lag.

Personally, I don't find it much faster, but man it looks silky smooth, and this is only 30fps too!

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
This is a smoother build. As far as actual gameplay, it still looks about the same from E3, but I'm okay with that.

EDIT: Well, now that I look at it, I think the stage barriers have been reduced, since it looks like kills are happening quicker now. Either that or those items are very powerful.

Last edited:

Senario

Smash Ace

Was this really necessary? I have seen no melee fans saying it looks exactly like brawl. They all point out some things that could be improved upon rather than saying they want melee 2.0

Honestly half of the reason the community is so fragmented is because people like you throw hate out to the competitive community for no reason except to spite them. It really just makes me sad that this is what the community has come to, shaming some of its most passionate fans just because they don't play the same way you do. It is getting really bad so stop it. You are no better than the so called melee fans you insult if you act like that.

On the video, it is hard to tell if it really is faster than e3. Or of it is even a significantly different build. Wait and see. I wouldn't buy into hype marketing without seeing evidence as relatively poor games have been hyped so often lately. And I'm sure somebody is going to think I'm referring to brawl when there are plenty of other examples that first come to mind.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Was this really necessary? I have seen no melee fans saying it looks exactly like brawl. They all point out some things that could be improved upon rather than saying they want melee 2.0

Honestly half of the reason the community is so fragmented is because people like you throw hate out to the competitive community for no reason except to spite them. It really just makes me sad that this is what the community has come to, shaming some of its most passionate fans just because they don't play the same way you do. It is getting really bad so stop it. You are no better than the so called melee fans you insult if you act like that.

On the video, it is hard to tell if it really is faster than e3. Or of it is even a significantly different build. Wait and see. I wouldn't buy into hype marketing without seeing evidence as relatively poor games have been hyped so often lately. And I'm sure somebody is going to think I'm referring to brawl when there are plenty of other examples that first come to mind.
Stop it.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
This is the same build from E3. The landing lag in the video was reported to be exactly the same.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Yagrush

Smash Rookie
This is the same build from E3. The landing lag in the video was reported to be exactly the same.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.
It's confirmed its a different build, thanks to the much, much faster loading times.

Whether it's faster or not is another matter, but it's definitely a different build.

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
I personally have seen a lot of brawl 2.0 comments, though they weee mainly only prevalent during and directly after e3 and smashfest

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
Well, now that I look at it, I think the stage barriers have been reduced, since it looks like kills are happening quicker now. Either that or those items are very powerful.
I don't know, I've seen a lot of these low percent kills happening on the E3 build too.

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
I do see something. But I don't know if I just imagine things.
It seems like the knock backs are less "random" now. Not sure.. :|

Yagrush

Smash Rookie
I do see something. But I don't know if I just imagine things.
It seems like the knock backs are less "random" now. Not sure.. :|
It's troublesome since the placebo effect might be kinda screwing our judgment at this point. I do see it slightly faster, but that's me. We'll have to see what the people, who have played both builds, have to say.

Last edited:

Senario

Smash Ace
I personally have seen a lot of brawl 2.0 comments, though they weee mainly only prevalent during and directly after e3 and smashfest
That's the point, there are people like that much like there are people who hate everything competitive stands for. But the former usually disappears after big events or reveals are over. The competitive players who stay are subjected to an immense strawman argument of so called "melee fans" by some in the community. It is getting old and makes me wonder if I should just not get smash 4 on principle of not wanting to be part of toxic and unfriendly communities.

Good to know loading times are faster. Hopefully balance was looked at too for the Comic con demo.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace

I'm not "throwing hate out" to the competitive community. I'm criticizing some of them for disowning Smash 4 because it lacks wavedashing/L-canceling.

If I WAS throwing hate out, I'd being posting stuff like this.

Oh wait. Sorry.

Last edited:

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
I'm not "throwing hate out" to the competitive community. I'm criticizing some of them for disowning Smash 4 because it lacks wavedashing/L-canceling.

Oh wait. Sorry.
I sort of feel you because I've seen a couple of people around smashboards just blatantly bashing Smash 4 because it's different and that bothers me.

Hong

The Strongest
It's confirmed its a different build, thanks to the much, much faster loading times.

Whether it's faster or not is another matter, but it's definitely a different build.
It could have been that the same demo build was compiled poorly previously. It was loaded with bugs as it was. They actually can improve this without having an updated version of the game at all.

Oh wait. Sorry.
It was still unnecessary and will not lead to any positive outcome in this thread. I'd advise that you stop here, lest we lose another thread to irresponsible bickering.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I don't know, I've seen a lot of these low percent kills happening on the E3 build too.
Eh, I think the whole knockback system was faulty in the E3 build. I saw Villager use an almost charged Bowling Ball on Bowser at around 130%, yet Bowser still didn't die. I think that both the knockback system and death barriers contribute to characters not dying when they normally would've.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
And Megaman got screwed in the end. I kinda wish the timer would skip the animations of some final smashes during the last few seconds just like the Star KOs.

Senario

Smash Ace

Oh wait. Sorry.
When have you ever seen people disowning Smash 4 because of lack of Wavedashing and L cancelling? I haven't seen it, I wouldn't do it either as a melee fan. Lower landing lag across the board = same as L cancelling without the difficulty, wavedashing is never coming back period so nothing to say there.

The point is constructing a straw man argument against the competitive community is not only invalid but also not really a show that you aren't "throwing hate out". Generally, the topic is is this build faster. You can have an opinion without insulting a community whose actions you make up.

Edit: I made this post before I saw the mod post, just saying. Also, Is there more characters playable at comic con? I may be interested in how Falcon plays, and a little bit of Robin as well.

Last edited:

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
When have you ever seen people disowning Smash 4 because of lack of Wavedashing and L cancelling? I haven't seen it, I wouldn't do it either as a melee fan. Lower landing lag across the board = same as L cancelling without the difficulty, wavedashing is never coming back period so nothing to say there.

The point is constructing a straw man argument against the competitive community is not only invalid but also not really a show that you aren't "throwing hate out". Generally, the topic is is this build faster. You can have an opinion without insulting a community whose actions you make up.

Edit: I made this post before I saw the mod post, just saying. Also, Is there more characters playable at comic con? I may be interested in how Falcon plays, and a little bit of Robin as well.
I'm not insulting anybody, nor am I trying to stir up hatred. I'm voicing my opinions on how the game is.

Also, there aren't any new characters at CC, to my knowledge.

Top Bottom