• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wiimote and nunchuck will offer best experience

thespoiler

Smash Cadet
I know that most will disagree, but the Wiimote and nunchuck controls offer the best way to play.

-On a Gamecube controller, your thumb shifts to the "a" and "b" buttons, while with the Wiimote nunchuck setup, your thumb and your finger are covering these buttons all the time.

-Jumping will be easier, because you don't have to take your thumb off of the "a" or "b" buttons.

-Plus, the Wiimote and nunchuck setup is comfortable!

As you can see, the Wiimote and nunchuck offer more flexibilty than the Gamecube controller. We think the Gamecube is better, simply because we are so attached to it. The only downside I see to the Wiimote and nunchuck are the constant replacement of AA batteries. Good thing I have rechargeable ones!!!

I will now put on a flame shield.

higgins

Smash Apprentice
i will try every setup except the classic controller because i dont have it but i want to know how the wii remote is by itself

B J

Smash Cadet
and wiimote + nunchuck has shake smash hahah for whatever that counts for

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
It makes sense, plus we won't have to deal with the "click all the way in" deal for shielding, right?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
To be honest, the only thing keeping me from considering the Nunchuck + Wiimote setup us simple because I'm so used to grabbing/shielding with the right shoulder buttons and not used to using a trigger button for Special Moves. But...I reckon I could change my ways.

Also...like Sakurai, I just love the powerful rumble of the GameCube's controller.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Stick to the control that you want to, this is, after all, the fan's game. I'll try Wiimote/Wiimote + Nunchuk, but I think Wiimote might be good as well. I hear it's better than you think.

thespoiler

Smash Cadet
That's true but you could just change one of the jump buttons into shielding which would more or less fix that problem.

True, but the Wiimote and nunchuck setup allows for more fingers to cover more buttons at once. That, my friend, means you don't have to move your fingers as much.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
Wiimote and nunchuk are more useful for character control. Im definately using that

S623

Smash Apprentice
I think the only control setup that I won't like would have to be the Wiimote. It just looks painful.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Only problem with the Wiimote+Nunchuck is it lacks the C-Stick. Hopefully the shake smash feature can make up for that problem.

I'm quite attached to the gamecube controller but will probably use the nunchuck setup if I'm feeling like using a wireless controller.

thespoiler

Smash Cadet
change r to jump.

The Wiimote and nunchuck setup still has the advantage. On the nunchuck, you have the "L" trigger and the "c" button. On the Wiimote, you have the "b" trigger and the "a" button. You could literally have all of the buttons covered, without ever shifting your fingers to another button.

With the Gamecube controller, you have the right side, which only contains an "L" trigger. On the left side, you have the "a", "b", "x", and "y" buttons. But, it isn't possible to control two of these buttons at once. There is a "z" button, but it gets pretty hard to control when you have your middle finger on the "R" trigger.

Wiimote and nunchuck setup still wins.

Formless

Smash Cadet
The wiimote/nunchuck is awesome for me because your hands aren't so close, you can put them in any position you want

J18

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i'm going to have to experiment with the control set up for wiimote+nunchuck and gamecube controller.

by the way could someone elaborate on shake smashing for me? cuz i'm a little skeptical about the nunchuck setup with no c-stick

thespoiler

Smash Cadet
Only problem with the Wiimote+Nunchuck is it lacks the C-Stick. Hopefully the shake smash feature can make up for that problem.

I'm quite attached to the gamecube controller but will probably use the nunchuck setup if I'm feeling like using a wireless controller.
Yes, you're correct with that. I guess that's an advantage for the Gamecube controller. I believe that shaking will be a bit uncomfartable. Still, the "c" stick was a novelty, and wasn't needed. Some people like the option, but it still took your thumb away from the "a" and "b" buttons.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Anything wireless isn't tournament friendly. Guess why Wavebirds were banned? It isn't necessarily about experience so much than simple convenience.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
It would be a good way to play with friends or funmatches, i dont think it will work that well in competative play unless the skills are easier to pull off.

thespoiler

Smash Cadet
Anything wireless isn't tournament friendly. Guess why Wavebirds were banned? It isn't necessarily about experience so much than simple convenience.
Then here is a question:

If the Wiimote and nunchuck controller connected to the Wii through a wire, would you consider giving it a go?

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Yes, you're correct with that. I guess that's an advantage for the Gamecube controller. I believe that shaking will be a bit uncomfartable. Still, the "c" stick was a novelty, and wasn't needed. Some people like the option, but it still took your thumb away from the "a" and "b" buttons.
I just used the C-Stick cause I jump backwards and forward Air for example.

Now I will use the shake smash if I use the nunchuck, so I can perform the same moves.

Honestly I don't mind moving my fingers or hands slightly while playing the game.

Darkslash

Smash Master
honestly ... it took all you guys this topic to realize this? You were so caught up in the gamecube controller that you never ONCE thought of these very obvious points for yourself?

i can't believe the sheepiness of the brawl community
Well I was going with the Wiimote by it self at first..............then thinking of buying a GC controller. But now im gonna stick with chuck.

errtu

Smash Apprentice
i´ll try them all and then decide. i don't see what the problem is with moving your finger. doesn't bother me at all. and the shield problem... well just change the buttons man!

Chro

Smash Apprentice
I was always going to use Wiimote+Nunchuck, b/c I don't have a classic/GC controller and just Wiimote looks uncomfortable (pressing 1+2 for smashes? :dizzy: )

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
You have great points.
I don't think I will like the wiimote - nunchuck combination, but I'll just try it once I get the game.
2 weeks!! XD

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
question -- does shake smash mean that you can ONLY do a smash if you shake the wii remote? i'm pretty bad at changing between tilts and smashes in melee, so this could be very useful to me...

but yeah i plan on nunchuk-ing, because i *is a loser* pretended to play smash using it once and it seemed pretty natural and easy.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I am open minded toward that and the classic controller (I got one for some SNES games that the GCN controller sucks for). I am not counting on using it, but I have planned to try it for a while.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Believe it or not, I like the idea of the Classic controller, but I still have my GCN controllers- some of them work anyway. I'll use every style and decide, like anyone should, so time shall tell. But at least we've got plenty of options, right?

Darkslash

Smash Master
question -- does shake smash mean that you can ONLY do a smash if you shake the wii remote? i'm pretty bad at changing between tilts and smashes in melee, so this could be very useful to me...

but yeah i plan on nunchuk-ing, because i *is a loser* pretended to play smash using it once and it seemed pretty natural and easy.
You can press A and B or Shake. Or so I read and heard in Vids. Ike has a Smash ball. People start Shouting A AND B! A AND B

Top Bottom