• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wiimote has Better Smash DI than a GC Controller!

etecoon

Smash Hero
interested in the testing for this. I've messed around with the wiichuck a little lately and still haven't been able to make a control scheme that I like much anyway though, the C button is too weird so I don't want to use it at all lol, and as it is it doesn't really have enough buttons to begin with(you have to set something to A+B...). if there turned out to be any truth to this though I'd seriously consider making the switch, already see some other benefits with it...

link6616

Smash Cadet
interested in the testing for this. I've messed around with the wiichuck a little lately and still haven't been able to make a control scheme that I like much anyway though, the C button is too weird so I don't want to use it at all lol, and as it is it doesn't really have enough buttons to begin with(you have to set something to A+B...). if there turned out to be any truth to this though I'd seriously consider making the switch, already see some other benefits with it...
I find that A=attack, B=special, C jump, Z shield works well for the required setup. D pad is all yours, but you might have to learn to shield/A to grab.

megatonfist

Smash Rookie
hmm, ive always used the remote+chuk so...i dont really know, i rarely press both down and side on the pad for di, just down or side

trin

Smash Rookie
im a wiimote user! even before hearing this :p
i didn't know u could change the arrows to smashes! wow i guess this makes DACing with wiimote a whole lot easier than waving it around and ultimately failing miserably

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Odd in theory, but it really is effective. Still, I won't give up my GC controller just for better DI. I like the layout much more. However, this may lead to exploration of the other control schemes on a competitive level. Perhaps Sakurai did think of ways to help the seemingly deficient controllers...?

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
No, don't give up on it yet. Testing has taken longer than originally anticipated. Some of the tests appear to be inconclusive of inconsistent or both. Additionally, school work for my summer courses must take precedence over this (as you understand, I hope). I have devised a better method involving slo-mo mode, Luigi's upB, and possibly a second player.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't this be done with the d-pad on the GC controller? I believe it has more options than 'taunt'.

Roager

Smash Ace
Couldn't this be done with the d-pad on the GC controller? I believe it has more options than 'taunt'.
Maybe, but having to move the thumb from control stick to dpad might be a tad tough for adjusting on the fly.

Also, I'm not sure if it's possible. Also, I dont know if wiichuck has better DI because of a difference between stick and dpad, or if its something else. But it is worth looking into. Jiggernaut, new objective.

Twin Dreams

Smash Ace
Considering that you can only input one command every frame, I believe that if you hit diagonal on the d-pad you will (at best) enter two separate commands that may allow for an increased effect (or a seemingly increased effect.)

However, you can achieve the exact same thing by moving the c-stick twice during the hit lag. (Because it is exactly the same thing)

Arora

Smash Apprentice
first days of brawl used wii-chuck then i got my classic im not going back even if this di stuff works but it be cool seeing everyone using wii-chuck

Landry

Smash Ace
Test this or your claims aren't refutable. You should have done testing beforehand, not after.

2Sko

Smash Cadet
I'd be mad if this is true, I've used GCN since melee, and n64 controller in 64 of course, i just have truble using it with one hand in the other... u know.... but if this is true, my friend is going to be happy

Top Bottom