• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Ness make it back?

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
A few points i've SEEN about Ness

His Bat pretty much remains the same.
PK Flash looks awesome to me, but apparently it's crap in Brawl (they said it not me)
PK fire sucks you in more and does way more damage and has much less lag.
PK Thunder is MUCH faster than it used to be, as it travels almost twice as fast as usual. Damage is the same.

PK Thunder 2 is AMAZING in Brawl, fast, HUGE HITBOX, and has practically no lag.
Yo-Yo upsmash can kill. (finally)
Yo-Yo downsmash sucks you in and does decent damage now.

FS is actually decent, it must be timed right and Ness has to be in the right position (see thread about PK starstorm)

We all now how amazing he was in 64,(top 3) the question is, will he return to his spot in Brawl?
If not Top at least low high or high middle.

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
ok sure?

A few points i've SEEN about Ness

His Bat pretty much remains the same.
PK Flash looks awesome to me, but apparently it's crap in Brawl (they said it not me)
PK fire sucks you in more and does way more damage and has much less lag.
PK Thunder is MUCH faster than it used to be, as it travels almost twice as fast as usual. Damage is the same.

PK Thunder 2 is AMAZING in Brawl, fast, HUGE HITBOX, and has practically no lag.
Yo-Yo upsmash can kill. (finally)
Yo-Yo downsmash sucks you in and does decent damage now.

FS is actually decent, it must be timed right and Ness has to be in the right position (see thread about PK starstorm)

We all now how amazing he was in 64,(top 3) the question is, will he return to his spot in Brawl?
If not Top at least low high or high middle.
i dont think the tiers will matter much in brawl
from what ive heard, ganon+yoshi are the worst (not my much)
but ive seen a brawl pro matches, ganon beat fox and yoshi beat marth

this game is far more balanced (3-5x prolly) than melee

melee was trash in balancing, the worst character was like 50x crappier than the best character

considering how the low tier character were buffed and the highs were nerfed...

on youtube i never see a pro match where they didnt fight to the last stock each...

its possible that every character is tourney good

if the best and worst fought each other in brawl, i bet the worst would still have like a 40% chance of winning

dont quote me on this but it seems tiers mean very little in brawl

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Well, One's thing for sure.

Ness: Huh?

Me: Pack your bags, your leaving this crappy tier.

Ness: Finally, Zelda's suicidal, Yoshi won't stop talking about his DJC, Game and Watch... Well he doesn't really do or say much and Bowser is driving me crazy!

Levitas

the moon
Fact: There are no tiers just yet in brawl.

Matchups may mean more than in melee, but tiers will exit in brawl and they will matter.

Once a metagame starts to really get going, expect some characters to excell much more than others.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Fact: There are no tiers just yet in brawl.

Matchups may mean more than in melee, but tiers will exit in brawl and they will matter.

Once a metagame starts to really get going, expect some characters to excell much more than others.
J-man your ignoring the question. Do YOU think Ness will be better?

eHerbieInReverse

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, from what I've seen, read, watched and played, the characters in general seem to be a lot more balanced which makes me more happy than ever. Of course there will be tiers because it's virtually impossible to make a completely balanced game but it feels like they will be a lot less defined. [: It excites me to think that most, if not all the characters, will have a fighting chance in tournaments. Just to have all characters show up in tournys would be impressive alone. Each of the characters deserve the recognition.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Wow, this topic is stupid. Who cares if he's as good as 64. Just play him in Brawl, his tier depends entirely on you....despite the fact that tiers are going to be little more than pointless.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
Ness certainly seems improved from melee, and i can see that he could have great potential in Brawl. in the right hands, he could well be amongst the best in the game

Levitas

the moon
Personally, I don't think he'll do better than mid if tiers develop as the best basis of comparison in brawl. Even so, he'll be in the "best tier" regardless of what anyone says.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I agree with where the tier list posts him in melee.

Ademisk, Ness was one Isai's worst characters. And I think Ness should be 4th best in 64 cuz he's sooooo easily edgeguarded it's not even funny. They can just knock him off the edge and he's dead.

Levitas

the moon
thesage, you know that he can just knock anyone off and they're dead, it's a mutual thing.

And I suggest some of you get really good and start placing well in well known tournament as Ness before tiers are established. That'll get your high tier Ness.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Ness will be high! If you just believe...
It is not a matter of belief, it is a matter of fact. Tiers determined by how well they place tournament after tournament. Ness will be high if we win enough to make it so.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I'm trying, I only got 2 wins at my first tournament, but the tournament was full of people who owned the game, so I'm taking that in stride. I'll do better next time, when I have practice with PKT and such.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Lol at all the people saying tiers will be pointless in Brawl.

Totally not true. You compare someone like Yoshi to someone like Toon Link in terms of strengths and weaknesses.

TIERS.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Technically, you're comparing how well they do on a grand scale against other characters. Whoever has the better matchups overall.
And the characters with the overall better matchups out of the entire cast will have a higher chance of doing well.

tiers.

But on a Ness-related note, has anybody got a good video of a Ness user using PK flash to cover his head against an aerial opponent?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I've done it, but I don't have video of myself doing it, sorry.

Also, I wasn't arguing against Tiers, just changing your definition. There will always be tiers, you can't do away with tiers, unless a game is 100% balanced in every single way. But rather, I believe tiers will be less important than Melee by far.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
That I can certainly agree with.

However, Marth and Toon Link Need to at LEAST have their hair mussed up a bit or something, seriously. They're no weak.

Top Bottom