• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Quick-Attack-Canceling return?

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
I sure hope so! This technique adds to Pika's mobility and overall movement/speed. It's also really fun to use :)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I think QAC, should return, since the physics are a mix between Melee/Brawl, although it'll be a lil harder to pull off successfully.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
My question is....

If QAC does return, Will Greninja also have a QAC. :o

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
A QAC on Greninja would be nowhere near as useful as Pikachu's. The move is noticeably slower and covers less distance from what I can tell. And besides, it looks like Greninja has better mobility and approach options. But this thread isn't about Greninja, so no point discussing that further.

I do hope QAC is a thing again, it made Pikachu a far more interesting character, and a more menacing one too. I'm not sure if Pikachu still had one the strongest up-smashes in Brawl, but he could potentially wreck people all day with QAC -> JC up-smash.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
A QAC on Greninja would be nowhere near as useful as Pikachu's. The move is noticeably slower and covers less distance from what I can tell. And besides, it looks like Greninja has better mobility and approach options. But this thread isn't about Greninja, so no point discussing that further.

I do hope QAC is a thing again, it made Pikachu a far more interesting character, and a more menacing one too. I'm not sure if Pikachu still had one the strongest up-smashes in Brawl, but he could potentially wreck people all day with QAC -> JC up-smash.
Pika's Up Smash got nerfed in power and knockback a little bit in Brawl (it was his strongest attack in Melee, this was the same for his Forward Smash aswell), but it's still a strong attack nonetheless, it's just you gotta wait till your opponent is around 125% damage to kill with it (takes a little more with the heavyweights.)

If QAC does return (although it'll be slightly harder to pull off since every character has the same exact falling speed from Melee), Pikachu is going to destroy everyone (especially now that Thunder meteor smashes people when they're just below the forming thundercloud), I think Pika might just get his top tier spot back from SSB64.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Pika's Up Smash got nerfed in power and knockback a little bit in Brawl (it was his strongest attack in Melee, this was the same for his Forward Smash aswell), but it's still a strong attack nonetheless, it's just you gotta wait till your opponent is around 125% damage to kill with it (takes a little more with the heavyweights.)

If QAC does return (although it'll be slightly harder to pull off since every character has the same exact falling speed from Melee), Pikachu is going to destroy everyone (especially now that Thunder meteor smashes people when they're just below the forming thundercloud), I think Pika might just get his top tier spot back from SSB64.
In Melee and PM, Pika's non-charged up-smash is among the best in the game, even better than Fox's. PM already gives us a fair idea of how QAC coupled with Melee physics works, and it certainly works wonders. However, I wouldn't say that it's enough to make him top tier, since it's something that the opponent can defend from fairly easily and can become telegraphed after a certain point.

Also, from what we've seen so far, the falling speed in Smash 4 is not the exact same from Melee, it's still slower (correct me if I'm misunderstanding your statement). Keep in mind that up-smash -> thunder is probably not going to work the same way it did before (killing from the top at early percents) because of the meteor effect, so it might act as a nerf to his kill potential, but we can't be sure until release.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
In Melee and PM, Pika's non-charged up-smash is among the best in the game, even better than Fox's. PM already gives us a fair idea of how QAC coupled with Melee physics works, and it certainly works wonders. However, I wouldn't say that it's enough to make him top tier, since it's something that the opponent can defend from fairly easily and can become telegraphed after a certain point.

Also, from what we've seen so far, the falling speed in Smash 4 is not the exact same from Melee, it's still slower (correct me if I'm misunderstanding your statement). Keep in mind that up-smash -> thunder is probably not going to work the same way it did before (killing from the top at early percents) because of the meteor effect, so it might act as a nerf to his kill potential, but we can't be sure until release.
True, that meteor smash coming from Pikachu's Thunder might nerf his killing potential, it'll help set up tech chases thereby leading to him using his running Up Smash attack, or his forward smash.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Has there been footage or a picture of Pikachu even using quick attack this game? The fact that Greninja's plays so similarly makes me wonder if he may have a new move, or if it at least works differently.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Confirmed with above poster that Qac has been removed from the smash4 build that i played today.

Observed result:
In put upb
Put in another direction
Pikachu moves one direction, then another, he stops in a landing animation which was like 2?frames you can then input another move after-- his landing is him falling on his belly then getting up. It is not the landing animation from melee its similar to brawls.

Disclaimer:

With sak putting in 3 different special options it is possible it can come back as an alt special move

Edit:

http://smashboards.com/threads/pikachu.324197/page-7

Apparently you can jump out of it timing is different

Last edited:
Top Bottom