• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will there be enough stages?

susu_atari

Smash Ace
In Melee we had 29 stages in total, if you include the stages from 64, which is 4 more stages than there were characters. Also, considering that a deleted Fire Emblem-named stage was found in the source for Melee, that's a stage per character without the additional 5. Assuming that we'll probably get a few past stages in Brawl as well (probably at least 5) how many do you think there's going to be altogether?

If we're getting about 40 characters, I would hope for about 50 stages, but the stage updates are fairly few and far between compared to the characters. I just hope the stages will catch up, because at the moment we've got 8 more characters than stages. I don't want this ratio to be indicative of the final character-to-stage ratio.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I just hope the stages will catch up, because at the moment we've got 8 more characters than stages. I don't want this ratio to be indicative of the final character-to-stage ratio.
Let's hope not. But to be honest I'm not too worried on the stage aspect. I'm sure it will be sufficiently addressed. Around 30 stages would do me, and in an ideal world every stage would be back, but I realise that's highly unlikely.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so....we aleready pretty much have way more characters than in the first, without revealing the super duper classified secret characters, we stand at about 24 or 25 characters for brawl right now and that's not including all of the series mainstays, ie the original 10. I'm sure if they can make that many characters and they all have at least a stage each or two stages if they share the same universe, then there can be a good number of stages. My guess at the moment is 35 at launch(both from the box and unlockable) and plenty more once the firmware updates start bringing in the stages and tweaks.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I'm hoping to see atleast 35-40 stages But I'm not really sure how many more characters to exspect if I think theres only going to be 35-40 stages. Maybe there will be 40-45 maybe even 50 characters.

Hong

The Strongest
It's easier to get a stage concept than a character concept. Stages are also less subject to bugs and errors. They just need to be fun and balanced for all characters. Assuming we'll have 35-36 characters, I except 46-48 stages.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Id take 10 perfect stages over 50 crappy ones. Quality > Quantity IMO. :)
That's what I was gonna say.

Melee had a lot of stages, but many of them were effing gay..

I'm fine with every Brawl stage we've seen thus far. The team put a lot more work into these ones.

But I expect 50 characters and 100 stages.

Boy am I in for a DISAPPOINTMENT..

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
50 stages is just plain unrealistic, i wouldn't go any more than 36-38ish

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
I think every franchenin ssbb will hav 1 or 2 stages for between 35 and 40 stages with a majority being unlockabe. I think the my music feature would be kinda silly if that was not the case.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Melee had 29 Stages in total. They didn't give the Fire Emblem guys their own level, which couldv'e led up to 30, but they ran outta time I suppose?

But anyway, I think 40-42 stages would be good.

Taninger

Smash Rookie
I think at the very least there will end up being one stage/character. It avoids the pitfall of SSB64, which had a couple level-less characters.

Even then, I imagine we might get a few extra levels, as in Melee. Things like the Great Fox (Corneria/Sector Z) and Brinstar are, to be honest, likely to return in one form or another. Pleiades isn't really like the Great Fox, and Norfair is fairly dissimilar to Brinstar, so... we should expect those two back, I'd say. I could be totally wrong.

I imagine they're just doing stages later in development, focusing more on getting us character information. More people care about who they can play right now, not where they can play.

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
I think there will be plenty of stages. We have some stages that aren't even character specific like Picto chat. We have been getting more character updates than stages, but what happens when they run out of characters to update? Then, they would have to update other things and I hope that it will be more stages.

MR333

Smash Cadet
i think that we will end up w/ more stage updates soon. We've got 4 months left to go till brawl's release, plenty of time for new stages to be announced.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I think quantity is MORE important than quality in this issue. The quality of a stage is, in my experience, defined solely by preference. My favourite stages are Great Bay and Green Greens, whereas my friend likes Big Blue and Flat Zone. Tournement-goers love Final Destination.

The stages are generally quite formulaic, for instance the new Rumble Falls is similar to Icicle Mountain from Melee, New Pork City like Hyrule Temple, Delifino Plaza is like Mute City. I don't think there's such a thing as a "good" stage.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Melee had 29 Stages in total. They didn't give the Fire Emblem guys their own level, which couldv'e led up to 30, but they ran outta time I suppose?

But anyway, I think 40-42 stages would be good.
yes, melee=rushed
but it's an awsome game for it being rushed

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
You could probably say that there were few stages in Melee.

At least 4 of them were carbon copies of each other with it's diamond esque shape
3 of them were past stages
At least 3 more were remake of the first Smash Bros stages

OK I wouldn't say few stages. But fewer stages in actuality. lol

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
There is going to be plenty stages, in the dojo said that music will span all of that particular universe in the my music update. That kinda implies at least 2 stager per universe. If not I think it would be a little silly to have all that music.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
There's going to be atleast a stage for almost every character. Im sure their will be alot. The stages were doubled from SSB64 to melee, so from melee to brawl, it should be bumped up more. atleast by +5

susu_atari

Smash Ace
WOOOOOO

This is LITERALLY the best update I could have hoped for. This ranks as my absolute favourite addition so far!
YES ^_^ There will be MORE than enough stages! Huzzah!

Top Bottom