• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you be maining Greninja?

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
Gonna have to now that Ice Climbers are officially gone. I was developing a Greninja during the E3 demo so I'll just continue from there Oct 3rd. I normally use Sonic but I know him from inside and out, just a matter of getting used to Sonic with Smash 4 changes so I have more training time with the ninja frog lol.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
No, I will not be maining Greninja. How did I end up in this thread?

Its too soon to tell but I've always thought that he looks like the best character, the Zero Suit Samus/Fox/Captain Falcon of this game.

Spirst

No, I will not be maining Greninja. How did I end up in this thread?

Its too soon to tell but I've always thought that he looks like the best character, the Zero Suit Samus/Fox/Captain Falcon of this game.
Really? Think so? Even compared to other characters like Sheik? I really hope he isn't the best character. High tier, yeah, but not the best. Last thing I want is an over-saturation of people all over Greninja for tourney wins. Definitely tainted the image of MetaKnight.

Last edited:

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
Oh hell yeah! Can't wait any longer....

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
There are 3 reasons that convinced me to main Greninja

1) Ninjas are badass

2) Greninja is my starter Pokemon from X and Y

3) He's fast and has got a lot of combo potential

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Yes, Hell Yes. Was my starter in XY and is a badass ninja frog, played him at the Best Buy Demo and loved him (even though I got 3rd place), his aerials and water shuriken are disgusting....There are soo many newcomers I'd love to try when the game comes out (might get boring using only :4greninja: ), but I shouldn't be trying to main so many characters in any fighting game. Many people say its a bad idea to try and learn more than about 3 characters sadly, and that it would slow down your progress if you try to learn so many people at once. I did hear that Mew2King is capable of using nearly any character in Melee at least competently, but besides him I don't know anyone else with such a cool feat, and I highly doubt I'll be the next one.But I like this guy enough that to reserve a main spot for him, and I'll try at least one of other newcomers and see which other one I like best. :4megaman: and :rosalina: are pretty awesome, but I doubt either of them will suit my style. Hope you guys find enjoyment outta your planned mains too

Greninja's not a good excuse to still exclude :mewtwomelee: though.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Greninja looks really good and stylish, he's definitely a strong candidate to be my main along with Yoshi, Ness and Villager.

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
He may be the best character in this game from what I've gathered from studying Smash 4 so far through custom moves, matchups, tournament results and just overall gameplay from vids. Trying to gauge frames from various threads while taking in and studying everything Nietono and Japan have to offer (they're leagues ahead of the American scene at the moment and are already starting to understand that an aggressive approach outweighs camping with a large percentage of Smash 4's cast). Can't always play this one like Brawl, that's for sure - so I'm super excited to see how quickly I can zone in on people in this game. It's like I have a dozen or so characters that have the combo ability Brawl Peach had but an even faster moveset/design along w/ the technical capacity for a steep learning curve. And it's funny, ironically Peach doesn't seem to have the same combo potential as she did in Brawl despite the faster engine that dishes out higher hitstun.

But yeah, I'm really excited about trying out Greninja. I'll take a stab at maining him just due to his overwhelming speed that'll fit my playstyle but I'm also looking into Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Palutena, Shulk and Peach as well. For what it's worth - this is what I believe is a rough estimate of the tier list in Smash 4 from watching the current meta that I made for fun based off of results and all speculation from footage I've seen (taking into consideration potential of custom moves as well):

S Tier: 1):4lucario: 2):4sheik: 3):4greninja: (No Specific Order)

A Tier: 4):rosalina: 5):4zss: 6):4sonic: 7):4palutena: 8):4robinm: 9):4bowser:

HIGH
B Tier: 10):4pacman: 11):4shulk: 12):4metaknight: 13):4peach: 14):4rob: 15):4wario2: 16):4bowserjr: 17):4dedede:
C Tier: 18):4dk:19):4yoshi: 20):4olimar: 21):4duckhunt: 22):4samus: 23):4gaw: 24):4jigglypuff:

MID
D Tier: 25):4wiifit: 26):4marth: 27):4kirby: 28):4lucina: 29):4fox:
E Tier: 30):4ness: 31):4littlemac: 32):4darkpit: 33):4pit:34):4mario:35):4miif:36):4villager: 37):4diddy:38):4tlink:

LOW
F Tier: 39):4drmario:40):4zelda:41):4pikachu:42):4myfriends:43):4falco:44):4ganondorf:
E Tier: 45):4charizard:46):4falcon:47):4link:48):4megaman:

Last edited:

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I was a falco main in brawl, so greninja is attractive to me! Im not sure who Ill main but playing greninja has been a blast!

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
It was between Pikachu, Greninja, Charizard, and Kirby for me and so far my best by far is Greninja. Shadow Sneak is so fun to use, especially coming back on stage. It seems to really catch a lot of people off guard.

Erionn

Smash Cadet
Now that I've got my hands on him, I can say I will certainly be maining him. He feels so good to use.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
So far, Greninja is one of my best characters alongside Pac-Man, Captain Falcon and Falco.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I've planned to make Greninja my tertiary way before the game was out in Japan. The fact he's so strong is just icing on the cake, and honestly, I didn't really care whether he was strong or not.

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
As of right now I'm maining Greninja and using Captain Falcon and Samus as secondaries. That could very possibly change over time though, I need to put in some more practice with some of the other characters, particularly the other newcomers. I actually have a bit of trouble bringing myself to do that though because I'm so in love with his playstyle. :p

Choice

Smash Champion
Definitely planning on maining greninja. Looking forward to the wii u version because there are so many things I would like to do, but feel limited by my circle pad.

Top Bottom