• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you camp out for Brawl? What will you bring?

pud22

Smash Apprentice
i preorderedthe game im not gonna camp out cuz i have exams that week so im just gonna get it after school (i get out at 9:50 am, so its not that bad)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I doubt my work (Target) will have a midnight release (we never do) so I just plan on getting there in the early morning and getting it. Then I can have my All-Day Smash Party. I usually work on Sunday's but I am requesting it off and proably pick up another shift. I know that's what I few people did with Halo 3 at work. Requested the whole weekend off but worked overtime a weekbefore.

The only time I camped out for something was with my friend who got a PS3. I borught us some food and we h uing out for a couple of hours. He did get one and sold it for I believe $1,800. He said he could of sold it for more haha. I "also" camped out for Lord of the Rings: Return of the King and Star Wars Episode III. I both arrived around 5ish and got in aorund midnight. And , yes I did dress up. I dressed up as Frodo Baggins for LotR and a Sith Lord (plus makeup) for Star Wars.

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
Ah yes, camping out...good times...
I remember it like it was yesterday. I just dropped off my girlfriend and I remembered that it was a friday. The wii was out on the 19th, so I was like, what the hell? Of course, I brought my cousin with me-along with two ds, 2 copies of mario kart, a tent, monster energy drink, toothbrush...man, everything necessary. People there had their ds, and we had friendly matches. It was fun.

Oh yeah, camping for Brawl. Maybe:p

Nekorion

Smash Apprentice
Dont need to.

1) reserved for, and paid in full already
2) its in the mall in the store DIRECTLY next to my own workplace
3) the employees at EB already <3 me. They would keep one game just for me if need be.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Super Smash Brothers Brawl could be the 2nd biggest non-console video game camp ever, next to Halo 3.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
if Brawl is to release at midnight then i'd have to say i'll bring along

Money (obviously)
Game Boy SP (don't own a DS yet)
mp3

billywill

Smash Journeyman
yeah i already have reserved and paid...so i can just casually walk in the game store past the line and get my copy THEN SPRINT TO THE CAR AND SPEED HOME THEN PLAY BRAWL!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Jammer

Smash Lord
Nah. I've never camped out for any game, and I don't think I will.

I guess I just don't get that excited. I might just order it online and patiently wait for it to arrive.

I don't even own a Wii yet (but I'll probably get one around Christmas). Anyway, a friend has both a Wii and Brawl reserved and paid. I'm the first one he'll invite over when he gets it.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I have my copy reserved at the Game Crazy my good friend works at, so I'm not worried it will be gone. I might just camp there for the fun of it, if I can talk my other friends into joining me.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
i dont own a Wii yet either, but i figure ill get one by the time brawl comes out.

if i DO get a wii by the time it comes out ill definitely be getting it at midnight. then ill play it all night saturday and until i pass out the next sunday.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
I wont camp out because I preordered it from a store which sends me the game the day BEFORE release date straight to my house... YAY!

Too bad I live in Europe, which means I have to wait 2-3 more months for the release...

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I will have a sleepless night of anticipation and an "early" start. When does gamestop open anyways?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
No thanks. I have better things to do than to wait outside for a store for a long time when I can just come later and get my reserved copy of Brawl.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
someone while in line has to do a live action battle of Mario, Sonic, Pikachu and Link just because it would be epic.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
My place is already planing a midnight release party with tournaments and prizes and such.
That is what I like to hear! Too bad the Play N' Trade by my house said it most likely will not even get the game on release, and its the only place near my who would do such an awesome thing. I wonder if a gamestop in a nearby city will hold a midnight release.

Oh, and when I camped out for the wii, I brought my coat, a chair, and a 6 pack of MOUNTAIN DEW!

That's what real men do.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I have it reserved, so I don't have a need to camp. I would if I had to though. I did for the Wii midnight launch and was at home playing it until 4AM. Then I got like three hours of sleep, played some more, then took a friend home that had camped with me so he could get one too. But yeah, there better be a midnight launch, because I want an excuse to take a day off of work.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Mine might be reserved, but I'm still camping out anyways. I'm getting mine first and that's final!

I'm brining moneyz of course, possibly a couple of books...

Eh, screw it, I'll just wake up really early and wait by the door. It's not like there's too many hardcore Smash Players around where I live.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
What the hell is the matter with you?

If the game is sold out, then another shipment would arrive a week from that day, if that.

I don't see the point in camping for a game, especially with the Halo 3 turnout around my neck of the woods...

****, if there was still 25 halo 3 copies left, I have no worries...

Besides, I don't anyways, I have reserved Brawl for the first shipment just cause I can and I was in town at the time.

Elysium

Smash Lord
The purpose of camping really isn't desperate or anything near that. Most of the people that want to camp, want to get the game as soon as possible. Regardless we'll all get it sometimes (on the first day of release) but to get it *first* is the main reason (for me anyway). While all you guys are sleeping, the campers we'll be playing Brawl.

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
If the Gamestop near my place has a midnight release, I'm bringing a friend, and money.
Then... I'll feign sickness, not go to school, and play Brawl all day.

Puppet Master

Smash Cadet
nah...im guarunteed (sp?) a copy no matter what so im just gonna go when the store opens and get on whatever line...its not like 20 min will make a HUGE difference

Rex+

Smash Ace
Since February 10th is on the weekend, I'd be all for camping out. I'd also take a day off of school to play it for two days running.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
I'll definitely show up for a midnight release if Walmart or something is doing one. That's about as far as I'm willing to take it though.

There isn't much of a Smash scene here anyways so I seriously doubt it'll be too hard to find a copy.

Though honestly if I knew anyone that really wanted to do it I'd probably join in for funsies. =]

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I absolutely WILL NOT be camping out for Brawl. I live in Minnesota, and the Februarys here are...well...

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
I have reserved the entire week off from work as vacation the week Brawl is coming out, so I won't need to worry about camping out.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
nope. reserved at gamestop. no need for camping. camping is for FPS's. "ITS A LEGITIMATE STRATEGY!" [not another RvB reference -_-]

jmh_86

Smash Rookie
Our EB says they are hosting some tourney and a midnight release. Probably Melee not Brawl but either way, fun times to be had.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Think feb is the final date.

And yeah totally in fact I think i'm gonna go reserve that and galaxy today right now.

Top Bottom