• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you camp out for Brawl? What will you bring?

Shato

Banned via Administration
I need to check if my local Gamestop will be having a midnight release. If so, (even though I pre-ordered) I want to be one of the very first in line, to rush home and play as soon as I can. :)

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
My sister preorders movies from a site, and she usually recieves the movies a couple days before their real release date. Does anyone know of any other place like that?

Anyways, I'll probably just roll up to my Wal Mart and pick it up at midnight with a friend. If not, I'll just get it the next day or something.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
does anyone know if there may be a danger of brawl being sold out at gamespot even if you reserved a copy if you don't get there fast enough?

for original poster:
did you really bring all that stuff? how many hours were you in line?
My friends and I got in line at 6, and were the first in a line that eventually wrapped all the way around the building. I brought all that stuff, but it wasnt all out with me. I had most of it in my car and got it out when I needed it. Only chairs, cooler, snacks were out the entire time. And I'll handle Brawl the same way.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
If the release date is a Sun. like the Wii was, I wonder if there will be a midnight selling at Eb or Gamestop had for the Wii.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
Why would you waste your life, waiting for something, that you will be able to get for sure the next day, if you pre-order or not.

Whoooo interacting with people......Alert the media.
waste your life? its one night holmes, plus it might be fun. and you'll get to play brawl that night, as compared to other people who will wait. plus maybe there is some sort of melee tournament going on at the store, or maybe they didnt pre order it.

and are you bashing interacting with other people? uhh you are posting on a forum dude. if you are some hermit who hates talking to people good for you, but i, for one, enjoy talking to people with similar interests as me.

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
Considering there wont be a line up, I wont be needing to camp. But Ill probably arrive and wait outside the walmart/superstore before it opens, by about an hour. Ah, Ill see when once release gets close.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
A couple of my friends and I have been planning to wait in front of Target at 6AM. I can't remember if store opens at 8AM or 9AM.

The first time I camped was for the Wii. I went to Target at 3AM and got like... 8th in line or something, I could've been third, but I waited in the car until around 5:30AM. I had a lot of fun. I only brought my DS. My friend drove me over to the store (I can't drive) and brought his DS too, so we played that. There were some fun moments. Like a guy getting bored and bringing out his paper mache Mario mask that fit over his entire head. He then started running around outside the store and doing Marioesque actions. The only thing I didn't like was that it was really cold and my shoes and socks were really thin and so my feet were numb most of the time I stood in line.

Anyways... I may or may not camp for Brawl. I want to, but then I think it might not be worth it because there's not a large gaming community around here. Seriously, Kmart had LOADS of copies of Halo 3 at 8:40AM. I bought the $70 Halo 3 and a Halo 3 edition Xbox 360. And then Target had a lot of copies of Halo 3 about 4 days after the launch. Still, Brawl isn't as popular as Halo 3, so there may not be as many copies come release day.

Another problem is that the release is on a Sunday... and I have church on Sunday. But when I'm with my friends, I usually go to the 11AM services. So I'll be squirming around in the pew thinking about playing Brawl.

The stuff I bring will probably just be my DS and games. Oh, and warm shoes w/warm socks, and my Wii Sports track jacket that I got at the store I hate, and some moneys. <_<

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Not necessary if you have a pre-order. Consoles are different because they didn't have pre-orders. I'm just going to go when the store opens (if there's no midnight launch), which is 9 am. Probably won't be able to sleep though the night of the 8th, so I might just camp because I have nothing better to do. We'll find out.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Depends on the situation. If GameSpot does that like it does other big titles, then that's a big YES! YES! YES! I'd totally do it=drive home really, really, really fast, and unlock everyone and everything, and then go online! :)

Rose Monkey

Smash Apprentice
Depends on the situation. If GameSpot does that like it does other big titles, then that's a big YES! YES! YES! I'd totally do it=drive home really, really, really fast, and unlock everyone and everything, and then go online! :)

Unlock everything fast? >:D

I'm hoping it's like melee, then right when I get the game (after playin' around a bit) 1-stock matches with my friend and play aloooot. Or just run off the edge to see if you can still unlock characters by doing vs. matches.

here's hopin. ;A;

Mama

Smash Ace
I'm going to simply because I think its fun. At most game stops a pre order does not guarantee you a game on launch day it just promises you a game. If more people are ahead of you with their pre orders then they'd win lol. I'd suggest checking with whatever store you've pre ordered at. (its always the ones that have pre orders when a game has just been announced that are the least reliable.)

I'm going to take my DS, Laptop, money, and my dad's car. (Blankets and chairs of course but thats a given.) Hopefully I can find a midnight launch >.> but either way it was hanging out with cool people who shared a common interest that made camping out for our Wii pre orders so much fun.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I agree with whoever said that the OP is begging to be robbed. You're going to be sitting there with $700+ worth of stuff, haha!

And like many people, i've just reserved mine online, so when the game's released in the UK, i expect i'll just get it in the post on the day.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this game won't be hard to find, it's a GAME not a console. You could just goto a store at 12 and grab it, and even if you can't find one to do that, if you can't wait a couple hours then there's something wrong.

And no i'm not some hermit, people who try to meet people in gaming lines are hermits.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know of any sites that send games a couple days before official release date. I know some sites do it with DVDs, and I was just wondering. =)

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this game won't be hard to find, it's a GAME not a console. You could just goto a store at 12 and grab it, and even if you can't find one to do that, if you can't wait a couple hours then there's something wrong.

And no i'm not some hermit, people who try to meet people in gaming lines are hermits.
lol. i guess there is such thing as having too many friends then eh?

and do you even know what the definition of hermit is? alright there pal. you just have fun not meeting people any where because its not a cool thing to do.

its totally uncool to meet people at game stops, what nerds.

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna camp out
I'm also organizing a huge food fight while smoking a cigar at my school on the 8th so me and my friends can play Brawl for 10 days non-stop on our suspension

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I've never understood the point of camping out to wait for an release... Patience is a virtue ;)

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
If theres a midnight reliese I will get there 4 hours early. If it opens in the morning, im probably just gonna camp at the 24 hour wallmart since they stock their shelves earlyer.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
If there's a midnight release, then I'll be there. The really great stores will have Melee tournaments and stuff while we wait. One of my local stores always does that whenever they have a midnight release. The sooner I can get my hands on the game, the better.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Hehe my town is tooo small to have a huge line and camp at midnight releases. Usually when games come out I just go to the store after school and there's like NO lines at all. Even with Halo 3 the lines were not that big..

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
If the place I reserved it at is having a midnight launch, I'll be there. I'll be taking off work the next day too, and hopefully won't have too much homework that Monday...otherwise, someone is going to pay...

The Wii launch was great fun- including meeting and interviewing (I had planned to put the vid online yeah, but ya know...Walmart and their bloody "no cameras" policy...) tree-smack-face guy...yeah- good times...

estion11

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna camp out
I'm also organizing a huge food fight while smoking a cigar at my school on the 8th so me and my friends can play Brawl for 10 days non-stop on our suspension
ooo foodfight ... lame, its gonna end up being like a few people you know throwing food and everyones gonna be like wtf are they doing, total n00bs. And then they're gonna see you smokin ur cig and they're gonna be like wow what a rebel and then proceed to not care. If I ever want an interesting way to get suspended you're officially the last one im gonna ask.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
I would camp out for this game, if I don't have anything to do the next day. Friendly codes man, I am going to grab as much as those I can in the crowd. Local Brawl Connections man, you don't get much of that any other time.

DS!!! What else?

S_K_S_K

Smash Rookie
If the Gamestop near me has a midnight release or even if they don't, I will be camping out. This will be my third campout. =P I waited for Halo 3 and the Wii. I'll bring my ipod, a chair, blankets, and my skateboard if it isn't too cold out. =p

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Hell yeah, I'm camping out...but on the other side of the register since I work at a certain retailer now. Haha, and yeah, there should be a midnight release. There is definitely one for Guitar Hero so why wouldn't there be one for Brawl which will sell quite a bit more. Oh, and I'll probably bring my friends...and mountain dew.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
If they don't have enough copies, then yes, you may not get a copy. It shouldn't happen unless there is a delay in delivery, but it does rarely happens.

Also, Gamestop can sell your reserved copy if you don't pick it up within two days. It's stated on the receipt, so try picking up your game ASAP.
thqats good to know, I reserved my copy....like august? I will still camp out though, it would let me see how many brawl fans there realy are....in my area.

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
I would loooove to camp out for Brawl, but I have no transportation and my parents are all old and go to bed at 10. :(

Kirby Superstar

Smash Apprentice
Get ready: this is a long one

2x relax sun thingy chairs
1x DS
1x Mario Kart
1x PSP
1x Laptop
1x Brass knuckles (you know how it gets...)
1x King size bag of ruffles sour creme and cheddar
1x Novelty Mario Drink Hat
1x Ipod
1x Video Camera (Its a very important moment in gaming history, you all know that :D)
2x Pencil
30x sheets of xerox paper
1x Portable TV (goin outta my way...?)
1x Wii mote (I'ma jack the demo they have inside with a new thing that can sync a wiimote from far away without hitting a button lol.....)
And if anything else comes to mind, Then I'll bring it...

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Why don't people just pre-order the game instead..? I pre-ordered the game a long time ago, so I will just pick the game up later on in the day. Do people want to camp out so they can play the game as soon as possible?

Top Bottom