• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you stop playing Project M now?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Sorry, Brawl Samus' suit is pretty terrible.

Again, really excited for Other M Samus' design even if I really didn't like Other M.

bleyva

Smash Ace
No, but once Megaman is on my doorstep PM will be taking a lengthy break for the foreseeable future.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Probably not. One of the reasons I enjoy P:M so much is the user created skins/PSAs/Other Custom Content. Will I stop playing vBrawl or Melee though ? Definitely.

The World Warrior

Smash Apprentice
No way. Project M is great and I never get tired its fast and furious game-play. However I'm still getting Smash IV. Mega Man's inclusion had me sold the second I saw it. I'll be playing them both.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
No. I'll likely play both, especially if not all characters from Brawl return.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Megamannnnnnnnnnnn :D

But the answer is nope, I will not quit PM.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I really don't think that Smash 4 will be able to replace P:M for me, I don't think Smash will ever fully revert to that same speed, depth of options and skill that make Melee and P:M so enjoyable for me in a competitive setting. With that said, it looks like they are fixing a lot, so I am cautiously optimistic to play it. Now that tripping is confirmed to be removed, all I need is a mix of fallspeed/hitstun/DI/move speed that makes for good comboing. It also would be nice if they could make recoveries more challenging but I understand the limitation there when you have a large casual fan base.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm not gonna stop playing PM. I mean its fun, why would I? I'm still gonna get Smash 4 though. I still had some fun with Brawl and it's really fun to play with friends. I'm going to buy a Wii U for X, SMT x FE, Bayonetta 2, and Pikmin 3 anyway, so I might as well get Smash Bros while I'm at it too.

Kati

Smash Lord
While they stated that they were aiming for a balance between melee and brawl, I just don't agree with the idea that melee wasn't casual enough, and I'm worried that whatever "hardcore" elements they develop will be half-assed and shallow.

But the game is guaranteed to be better than brawl, and the character movesets displayed so far are interesting.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
To stop playing Project M on the notion that Smash U trailer have been out is pretty silly, if you ask me. But I like the fact that Mega Man, a character who have been highly requested ever since before Brawl came out, is finally a playable character, and if my memory serves me correctly, they've taken out random tripping! In my humble opinion, Nintendo have listened to some of their fans, and so, Smash U probably has some potential, so I'm definitely willing to give it a chance, even though it would never replace Project M for me. For that to happen, the PMBR might have to mod Smash U to play at our benefit. But, as they say, 'Never say Never.'

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Smash 4 is basically Brawl + done right, so it in no way replaces Project M which has its own unique goals and style of gameplay.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
If Smash 4 is better than Brawl, then yes, I would stop playing Project M.
I can't stay molded in the past.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I will play both. Project m will take over for Melee for me while Smash4 will be my next love.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
Of course not, but I am planning on really getting into Smash 4 once it comes out, especially since there's no tripping. I can always play both, that's what I've always done. I still play Smash64, Melee and at times even Brawl despite the fact that I play Project: M.

Shouxiao

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to get it of course but I do want to see more physics/gameplay. I won't stop playing Project M.

Top Bottom