• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Willvolution 2008 - West Palm Beach, FL - 07.26.08

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOUT WILLVOLUTION:

What kinda of TV's are they using? Are people allowed to bring setups or are they gonna be the newschool Lag fest TV's A.K.A anything besides glass screen.

this will decide if i even go.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I hope I win, cuz I'll lose if I don't win.

pre-johns
wow, i think i just got mindgamed

yea nick, they'll have chairs. only PnT doesnt have chairs, and thats cause they're a videogame store. (btw, im buying a foldout chair for myself before the next PnT tourney. i suggest you do the same)

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
no, i don't need a chair i'm gonna have standing johns every PnT i'll just deal with it, if i'm gonna be pro or if i am as lambchops says then i can adjust

I love gingers post...if i don't place well i'll lose, placing well means money, lol pre-johns

Life After Death

Smash Champion
hrnut will make me proud but liek eveyrone else dont let it go to your head once you start owning people. control your dam egoes.

The WiLL

Smash Apprentice
I love you.... like alot.... you made everyone's day. you're seriously the best tourney director.. and you're name is WiLL... just like meh.
Then it's official. Doubles will start at 4PM.

Doubles will probably run past 6PM so Singles and Doubles will run at the same time if that's the case. By 6PM most teams will be out so I can call matches for Singles while xYz is regulating the Doubles tournament.

how many tv's are there for brawl, maybe we'll bring more if needed...

that question was never answered
Hmm...I thought Afro Thundah made a post about Wiis and TVs but yes, I do need as much as I can so the tournament can run quickly and efficiently. If there's too much TVs and Wiis then more casual play while the tournament is running.

IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOUT WILLVOLUTION:

What kinda of TV's are they using? Are people allowed to bring setups or are they gonna be the newschool Lag fest TV's A.K.A anything besides glass screen.

this will decide if i even go.
All my TVs are CRT TVs...no flat screen. I'm not sure what everybody else is bringing but I'll be using CRTs for tournament play.

that list looks ok except for pirate ship and ps2...
Will, I'm sure if you had a vote, most people would agree to take Pirate Ship and PS2 off.

I personally don't mind either of them (I play MK :)), but pirate ship really just sucks for some characters who already have bad recoveries.

PS2 has two really bad transformations:

Low Gravity: Allows characters like G&W to do crazy things like blow other characters right off the top, and causes really strange things to happen with certain character's recoveries.

Raging Treadmill Edges: This transformation is just messed up :(

In the 17 or so Brawl tournaments I've been to so far, I've never seen anyone play/ask to play on either of those two stages. They are bad :), but like I said, it's not something that would hurt me at all, just characters with bad recoveries.
Isn't the list I got from Afro's Official CP/N List? But anywho I never had Pirate Ship and Pokemon Stadium 2 in my original list anyways so...

Updated list!

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair

Gingerr

Smash Lord
wtf no Pirate Ship again? How ****ing annoying.
I'm really starting to hate this community. Wow.
johns.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wtf no Pirate Ship again? How ****ing annoying.
I'm really starting to hate this community. Wow.
johns.
i wonder what gingerr is gonna do to Rx- when she finds out he was the one who asked for pirate ship to be removed...im personally hoping for a DDT or stone cold stunner. and of course it has to be through a table, and some announce screaming for no good reason in the background like someone just died

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to make it, but about Pirate Ship I'm glad it's not on the list since it is pretty ******** if your playing against a Ganon on it. ^_^

Sighrax

Smash Lord
if i didnt have to pay 25 dollars to play brawl singles i might but those door fees are ridiculous.
5 dollar door fees are more than enough anywhere.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
**** are you kidding? I love playing with Olimars in doubles...that's what my doubles partner plays, but he's been out of town so long that his brawl game is cold. =\
I kinda wish I was going to this now ><

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Wow, this thread had 2 pages a week ago.

@ Sighrax, hey just go and watch.

That's what I'm doing.

Dom, his gf, and my gf are going.

Plus, I might get gay Gary and his BF to go too.

Then u, me, dom and Gary's BF can hang out and the girls and Garys can chill.

It'll be a blastgasm.

I just hope I get some kind of discount.

(I probably won't >.<)

Top Bottom