• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Win a ticket to e3 because gamefix rocks!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
evan you should come dude. i havent seen u in a few weeks lol. despite the flat screens, i guess it could be good practice for pound 5? tao and me are going, so maybe we could hang out afterward, or something. :)

TheRealBobMan

Smash Rookie
I'll make a list of people who have confirmed since my post and just count you as coming for the sake of saving your spot and knowing if we need to push for Sat/Sun or not.

And I'll let you guys know by the end of work today (so by 9:00PM) if we need to push for 2 days or not. Hopefully that wont inconvenience anyone if we have to do it. At least you'll have all day Sat/Sun still available to do stuff since we'll be getting things over with early in the day, and we're going to run as much of the elimination bracket as possible to try and keep people from having to come back if we go ahead and make it both days.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
can i also sign up a spot for one of my friends?

=[ wes. on the bright side, that leaves less ppl i have to worry about =]

TheRealBobMan

Smash Rookie
IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!111oneone 2-10-11

With the number of entrants saying they're attending, we're going to have to split the tournament and run from about 10:00AM to 2:00PM Saturday and Sunday. If for whatever reason only about 32 people show up Saturday morning, we'll go ahead and finish on Satrday. Otherwise, we're going to split the tournament over the 2 days. We'll run as much of the elimination bracket as possible on Saturday so people that have lost a match wont have to come back the following day.

We are sorry for any inconvenience. If you have signed up and paid, but now cannot enter, we can give you a refund on your entry fee, or credit it toward the Black Ops tournament next month.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
It is not that time-consuming to run a <64 man bracket in one day. I guarantee that you can finish before 4 p.m if you are constantly running matches.

A full 64 man bracket = 126 matches (if my math is correct). Given an average of 15 minutes per match (5 minutes per game if every game is played), divided by 5 setups, you have a little over 6 hours of time devoted to matches. Since the majority of matches will involved someone getting ***** in a matter of minutes, the tournament will go even faster.

It just comes down to calling matches in a timely fashion.

TheRealBobMan

Smash Rookie
This is the way my boss wants it. Yeah, we could run it all day, but the longer it runs, the longer it interferes with the store's usual business. We've run enough tournaments to know that while the tournament is going on, most shoppers wont come inside because it's crowded. We already have really poor sales, and the only days we really make any money are the weekends, so we can't afford to tie up the store all day long. We have to be finishing things up by 2:00PM, so it needs to run into both days. : (

Also, it'd help out if people could make it a little earlier than 10:00. I'm going to send messages to the AiB and Facebook people to try to get there at 9:30 if they can, and my co-worker is going to call the people that signed up in the store. We'll likely start just after 10AM considering how long it takes to sign up... I think the cutoff will be 10:15AM unless there's still a line of people that are still paying their entries or something.

And if we get lucky and we only have around 32 show up, we can try to just run it on Saturday and not have the problem, but it looks like we're going to get more, so I have to announce it this way. Sorry guys.

One more thing, I'm taking care of 3 of the set ups, but the store's set up is being rented out (damn my boss's timing). I can't guarantee that I'll use a specific person's set-up (Wii + Melee), but I need 2 more all of a sudden (I was having someone else bring one, but it looks like he dropped out). -_-;

baka4moé

Smash Champion
!!! so people can bring crt setups?? lol

oh nvm i just read the post again, all you need are wii/games i think?

TheRealBobMan

Smash Rookie
So, with all the people that had signed up online, we have 22 here the day of, and we're running late since a friend of mine isn't here yet and I don't want to start it without him (especially if only this many showed up).

*Repeated Facepalm*

So, I'll start in 5 minutes, and if you can make it in time to get in on a bye since the bracket isn't full, good for you.

*Update*
24 entrants total starting 30 minutes late. We're just about finished now. Waiting on Loser's Finals and Grand Finals.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
uhhhh as far as I can remember the results were:

1. baka4moe
2. beef
3. shadow-kun
4. dan

so as you can see, no one particularly notable went =p

tournament was fun though, got to meet some new people and i can finally go to e3 for once :)

EDIT: IMPORTANT! So it turns out I don't think I can make it to E3 this year =/ Would anyone like to buy my pass from me with a massive discount? Ask your friends too please, I wouldn't want such a valuable thing to go to waste...omg wow just when I finally managed to get a pass too...

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Damn, I knew it was too early for ranked players to go! I should have given you a run for your money.

JDM

Smash Champion
You need legit documents that proves your in the gaming industry anyways to even enter E3 so I doubt you could have gone anyways unless the TO got you some paperwork signed and stuff.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
essentially thats what the to did. when they (as in the employees/employer of the gaming store) sign up to get their passes, i'll be included in that. or, if i let them know before the end of march (hence the selling of the pass), they can give someone else's info so they can get my pass.

lol i don't get why none of the pr went.

JDM

Smash Champion
Haha ok cool. My dad is putting me and my brother on Arc Systems Works payroll so we can go to E3 too. Hope you can sell it to somebody awesome.

Top Bottom